Author Topic: DM-WYPNTED...(overview included) Towers Of Doom  (Read 1783 times)

Offline freakman420

• Major(1)
DM-WYPNTED...(overview included) Towers Of Doom
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:50:04 pm »
well i seem to be catching on pretty quick, but some advice on anything would help. BY THE WAY the "Towers Of Doom" are copyrighted and trade marked and restricted.... <----That would cost thousands. i waypointed it myself,  and remember im fresh to this stuff, this is only my 3rd day of mapmaking of ANY KIND. so no critisism about the waypoints...

comments & remarks gladly accepted

well im almost done, i think i got it properly waypnted now most of the way, if anyone wanted to make some adjustments to the bot waypoints i would LOVE to see them.

there were stationary guns but i could get them worked out, they would eventually pop out of place, if i got them in the right place in the first..place. i know i have to get em in there above the ground a lil bit and not to where the cealing is crushing them. even if i did get it they eventually get outa line.

towers of doom level is right
                                      down
                                   here

(.BMPs reattached as .PNGs)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 02:10:28 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: am i on the right track? 3rd day of mapmaking
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:52 am »
An overview of your map is required, and tends to get people to respond/comment faster.

Also, if you used any textures/sceneries that don't come with the game you'll need to .zip them up together with the map, since people might not have them.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline freakman420

• Major(1)
Re: am i on the right track? 3rd day of mapmaking
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:09:53 am »
ill do wat u said thx... but i cant just press print screen cuz my ms-paint has magically dissapeared... and ive looked for a download and its no where to be found, system32 folder has no trace of it either!!! you know any programs that can paste a print screen besides ms-paint?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:04:55 am by freakman420 »

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: am i on the right track? 3rd day of mapmaking-DM-WYPNTED...
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 08:30:43 am »
any decent image program will do it. i suggest irfanview.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Offline freakman420

• Major(1)
Re: am i on the right track? 3rd day of mapmaking-DM-WYPNTED...
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:48 am »
thanks much, now i can prnt scrn!
im in the process of learning how to do 3d and cool textures, thats why its so... ugly, im keepin the stone effect on the towers tho and a few other things
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 08:54:41 am by freakman420 »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: DM-WYPNTED...(overview included) Towers Of Doom
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 09:19:05 pm »
I like the squared off structures mixed with the rounder platforms. There are several things that I would change, now that I am understand mapmaking somewhat better... Bah, this is a bad criticizing post, but I'll come back to this sometime...

A quick recommendation. I'm being picky but: capitalize better. Your post looks rather sloppy without correct capitalization.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:21:28 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline ^$$^drag^!^

• Major
  • Penguins With Guns
    • ~Soldiers from Hell~
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 01:14:32 pm »
the wood wich you can walk through souldnt be seeable(or whatever its called) behind the polygons over the walkthrough

www.Freewebs.com/sfhhome Join the clan now!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 06:11:09 pm »
1. Shading. It can be as simple as going from white to grey, use it.
2. Sceneries. ATM they are all on the back layer, which is ugly. Also, they are all default colors which is also ugly.
3. There's a lot more but work on 1 and 2 and update it. Overall a decent start to a map.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 02:12:18 pm »
Color the polygons green to match the vegetation. Experiment with differing opacity levels to make the scenery look more pleasing instead of making them all flat-out opaque.

It's a rather confusing layout for a DM map. Study maps like Krab or Rok for better ideas. You'll also want to seal all the boundaries, or else players will just jump off the map when they have low health and respawn without losing a life.