Author Topic: The Ruger  (Read 23272 times)

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
Re: The Ruger
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 06:10:57 pm »
i always refrain from using it as i find its not much use. I'd rather use any of teh otehr guns any day.
If up against someone with a automatic your usually screwed, and definitely if theres two.

Offline Lightning

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 05:11:39 am »
ruger is powerfull enough, dont increase its strengt, it already is waaaay to powerfull in realistic.
i only play realistic and lots of ppl use ruger because it is 1 shot kill, or else 2 shot kill.
i dont like it (i also suck with it ^^) but if ppl like that gun, they can use it.
but more powerfull aint a good option.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 09:23:28 am »
Exactly why I said just drop the bink and make it shoot just a tad faster.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 09:25:35 am »
It's supposed to take 3 body shots to kill somebody. 2 if it's a body + head shot. I fail to see a problem with that.

A headshot and a bodyshot doesnt kill, it takes two headshots to kill and in situations where lags an issue i've had to land three headshots to kill. Getting doubles off one clip is extremely hard and rare compared to other weapons.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 09:27:17 am by GAMEOVER »

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 01:04:25 pm »
ruger is powerfull enough, dont increase its strengt, it already is waaaay to powerfull in realistic.

This is why normal and realistic modes should use a different weapons.ini. I've heard that some people are already working on a balanced one specifically for realistic use, and I'm guessing the ruger is going to be toned down a bit if that's true.

A headshot and a bodyshot doesnt kill, it takes two headshots to kill and in situations where lags an issue i've had to land three headshots to kill.

A headshot and a bodyshot can kill, but sometimes, perhaps due to slow bullet speed or whatnot, it does not.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 05:34:21 pm »
A headshot and a bodyshot can kill, but sometimes, perhaps due to slow bullet speed or whatnot, it does not.

Unless there wounded, you cannot kill anyone with one body shot and one head shot, not ever.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 05:49:48 pm »
If you are pro with ruger, it is the most powerful weapon. DK's from every clip.

Dude, some people still think Im a pro with it but I still have trouble killing people. I hate getting jipped out of kills when it takes 3/4 hits to kill. it doesnt take 3/4th of a clip of an ak or a steyr to kill, so I feel the ruger should definently have a 2 hit kill guaranteed instead of 3.

Its also extremley true that if you go against an auto, your fucked unless you do something else to make up for it. In my opinion, ruger isnt enough to kill someone, but if you have a steyr you really can just rely on its bullets and your fine. With ruger you HAVE to be skilled or you really are fucked. Also its a 3 hit kill if you dont get 2 headshots.

I for one am pretty dissapointed how ruger has been nerfed every single version since 1.2.. and its the only weapon where you must be top-skilled shape to kill and be satisfied..

I vote it should be tested with stronger shots so its a 2 hit kill OR the reload time is shortened again.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:56:47 pm by Mancer »
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

5th_account

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 06:53:37 pm »
Also its a 3 hit kill if you dont get 2 headshots.
Unless there wounded, you cannot kill anyone with one body shot and one head shot, not ever.

How inexperianced are you guys?
I thought if anyone knew it'd be you, mancer. This is approximately how the ruger works with horizontal distance:

At ~0.4 screens distance
HS + HS = kill
HS + BS = kill
BS + BS = no kill

At ~0.8 screens distance
HS + HS = kill
HS + BS = no kill
BS + BS = no kill

At ~1.1 screens distance
HS + HS = no kill
HS + BS = no kill
BS + BS = no kill
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 06:55:20 pm by 5th_account »

Offline John The Engineer

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 11:55:26 pm »
I agree with GAMEOVER on this.  Lower the bink a little and perhaps a shorter reload time?

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 12:05:55 am »
Also its a 3 hit kill if you dont get 2 headshots.

How inexperianced are you guys?
I thought if anyone knew it'd be you, mancer. This is approximately how the ruger works with horizontal distance:

At ~0.4 screens distance
HS + HS = kill
HS + BS = kill
BS + BS = no kill

At ~0.8 screens distance
HS + HS = kill
HS + BS = no kill
BS + BS = no kill

At ~1.1 screens distance
HS + HS = no kill
HS + BS = no kill
BS + BS = no kill

Thank you for a comical post, your talking to one guy who has used this weapon forever and has the best Ruger in the whole game and another one who has one of the best rugers in NA, both who use this weapon exclusively and know through expierence how this weapon reacts in any and all enviroments. Your logic is garbage simple lag could throw your little table off.. bottem line Ruger is a 3 shot kill weapon for even your better then average user. Dont get all technical, this is just the way it is right now accept it like all Rugerers have.

I agree with GAMEOVER on this.  Lower the bink a little and perhaps a shorter reload time?

That's the spirit, now everyone just agree with that whole statement already because its more then fair, it wont make people abuse it, and we can end the discussion on one weapon for once and move on to the next in a (for once) productive fashion.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:13:32 am by GAMEOVER »

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 12:21:53 am »
Geez ok, lets let another forever Ruger user in on this shall we.

Right now, I like the ruger how it is. I see no reason to change anything at all. If you improved it at all, it would make it too easy to use. This game needs one of those "elite" weapons that are difficult to use. Right now the only weapons that I respect in the game are rugers and deagles.

Yes, the ruger is ridiculously hard to use straight off the bat for a new player. First off, you have to have really damn good aim, if you miss 2 shots you're pretty well screwed. And of course, even if you do have really good aim, you will still lose horribly in a 2 on 1 situation.

I believe the whole purpose of the ruger is as a movement training weapon. I'm really not trying to brag, but I'm sure I'm probably one of the fastest moving players playing, along with other pro rugerers (?).

Leave it alone, it makes it more fun when its difficult.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 12:28:15 am »
Certainly someone out there has used the Ruger so long that his opinion trumps all others? Won't this person please step forward?  ::)

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 12:32:58 am »

wormdundee: I agree with what you said to an extent but is adding something as small as what I suggested going to make it that much easyer to use? HONESTLY?? No it wont, two on one situations and autos in your average expierenced clan member who uses an auto will still pumel you if you miss at all.

domino: Lets put the whole balance up to you, you know the weapons just so well next versions balance will rock cus you made it as a matter of fact you know what should be done so well that you dont even have to say anything or make an arguement you can just go toss the head beta tester your balance. Bottem line players who know what they are talking about are saying what they know and not butting into other threads with suggestions on weapons they dont know AS much maybe. How about you give it a try?

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 03:54:40 am »
domino: Lets put the whole balance up to you, you know the weapons just so well next versions balance will rock cus you made it as a matter of fact you know what should be done so well that you dont even have to say anything or make an arguement you can just go toss the head beta tester your balance. Bottem line players who know what they are talking about are saying what they know and not butting into other threads with suggestions on weapons they dont know AS much maybe. How about you give it a try?

I really don't know what you're trying to say in the second half of that paragraph. I just don't think a "my dad can beat your dad" approach to discussing weapon balance is really needed, and arguing about who's used Ruger longer and how that better validates his/her opinion is silly.

Personally, I'd like a fifth bullet, somewhat faster firing rate and an appropriate, slower reload to balance it out. An extra bullet would be nice for those times when the shot doesn't appear to register, and an enemy stays standing even after three hits. Still, I think the weapon is fine as is, and I'd hesitate to touch it myself since I think any adjustment (including mine above) could make it far more powerful (especially since the added bullet would help improves chances for two kills per clip).

5th_account

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 05:12:45 am »
Thank you for a comical post, your talking to one guy who has used this weapon forever and has the best Ruger in the whole game and another one who has one of the best rugers in NA, both who use this weapon exclusively and know through expierence how this weapon reacts in any and all enviroments. Your logic is garbage simple lag could throw your little table off.. bottem line Ruger is a 3 shot kill weapon for even your better then average user. Dont get all technical, this is just the way it is right now accept it like all Rugerers have.

Lag affects all guns, pretty much the same on every gun. You think it's easy for me to hit someone 4-6 times with deagles when it's a 2-4 hit killer? But please don't give your opinions after laggy situations. For one lag could swing into any players favour. Also MM will hopefully improve the situation with unregistered hits, so if we balance the game after unregistered hits the game will become unbalanced in non-flawed situations.

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 05:13:05 am »
I agree with Domino on this one, five bullets and a reload like Spas-12. Just slightly slower, and it shouldn't be as powerful as it is right now, but rather have more speed. And also it should have a short StartUpTime and less MovementAcc.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 05:18:22 am by Yuth »

Offline DrivenUnder

• Major
  • Im Jess
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 05:41:26 am »
This weapon is pretty hard to use, but ive seen people who are really good with it. Seriously, It should have a guaranteed 3 hit kill, at the same reload it has now. Basicly, im just seeing myself with a steyr, going up against a ruger and from the looks of it, a 2 hit kill would be WAY to easy for you sorry.
Sadly, there is still lag and crap and I wish that could be seriously fixed, it would make soldat so much more fair and it would take skills to the next level.
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 08:00:59 am »
You should priroritise killing the ones with low health with the current ruger... if your enemy is harmed, even a little! He stand little agains a ruger... its a bit dirty yes... >:3
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 08:06:14 am by Zegovia »

Offline Mao

• Major(1)
    • British Army
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 08:57:04 am »
Ruger is still the best weapon if you actually learn how to use it, and the hardest weapon to use effectively, so i would hope that nothing changes on this wep!

those that know how to use it can kill really fast, and ignore all the hit number bullshit, as you will be using nades and your secondary anyway, if you dont, then you deserve to be cheapskated

not to mention its amazing accuracy and distance,  its easy to spray with, and doesnt boost people.  this weapon needs no change.

Offline John The Engineer

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 09:24:02 am »
I agree with Domino on this one, five bullets and a reload like Spas-12. Just slightly slower, and it shouldn't be as powerful as it is right now, but rather have more speed. And also it should have a short StartUpTime and less MovementAcc.  ;)

5 bullets, reload like Spas plus a start up time?  I don't think such drastic changes are really necessary to the Ruger.  I like the 4 shots and the reload system as it is.  The introduction of a startup time I think would be too much of a setback for the Ruger as you really have to be quick when firing your shots off inorder to take out your enemy.  Adding a delay will just give your opponent more time to pick you off.