Author Topic: The Ruger  (Read 23275 times)

Offline Lightning

• Major(1)
Re: The Ruger
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 10:11:49 am »
why the hell should you make it stronger?
play realistic and you'll see that mostly 1 shot kills, if not, a second will defenatly mean your end.
of course most of you dont play realistic i guess, but there's still no reason to change it, at least not to make it more powerfull.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 10:31:17 am »

Dude, some people still think Im a pro with it but I still have trouble killing people. I hate getting jipped out of kills when it takes 3/4 hits to kill. it doesnt take 3/4th of a clip of an ak or a steyr to kill, so I feel the ruger should definently have a 2 hit kill guaranteed instead of 3.

Mancer most people are normally capable of hitting 3/4 of the bullets on an enemy with a steyr or an ak. A guaranteeed 2 hit kill is ridiculous.

I think a better comparison to show if a gun is balanced or not is the actual amount of time it takes to kill a person.  I don't have time to do the calculations right now but I'll post them up later.

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 11:35:52 am »
A start up time? Are you nuts?

The only way a ruger right now can kill an auto user is its speed. To kill them, you should have hit them once and have a second shot in the air almost before theyve started shooting. If it had a start up time...no.

And ok, if you really want a change, I suggest making the bink on it lower. That's the problem right now for going against any number of auto users. If you start getting hit by them, your aim gets binked to hell and then you're pretty well dead.

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 11:39:42 am »
Have anyone tried the rugar one on one versus a m79? rugar loses, since the other guy keeps getting medipacks . rugar too weak.

Offline Spectral

• Major(1)
  • hawt azn
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 12:21:21 pm »
ruger is fine IMO.  I'd much prefer to see autos weakened to even them out

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 01:03:45 pm »
Some of the posts you guys are making make absolutly no sense what so ever. You got one guy talking about a start up time, another guy talked about adding a round, etc etc..

The next weapons balance should be based on expierence from past versions and expierence with each weapon. A few expierenced suggestions have been made by 3 or 4 people but the rest is trash, sorry. You do have a right as much as I do to voice your opinion but I really dont feel you know what your talking about so with all that said lets hope that the beta testers can sort out all the mess.

I think each beta tester should have been chosen for their expierence with each weapon, their knowledge about the game, and a somewhat open mind where each tester will come up with a solid balance. The only person I can think of that seems to be higher up in the community, has expierence, and a somewhat open mind regarding this weapon is Chakra. The ruger has got the brush off since 2 or 3 versions ago.

ruger is fine IMO.  I'd much prefer to see autos weakened to even them out
This is something I could agree with as well.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:14:10 pm by GAMEOVER »

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2006, 01:48:51 pm »
I change my idea. I agree with some people that say a guaranteed 2 hit kill is absurd. Thats just my lust for destruction talking.

What I would like to see:

- Lower bink
- Slightly faster reload
- No increase or decrease in strength right now

This should perfect it.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2006, 02:48:40 pm »
Have anyone tried the rugar one on one versus a m79? rugar loses, since the other guy keeps getting medipacks . rugar too weak.
No way. A Ruger user can completely take apart a M79 user easily assuming he stays mid-range or further away. Health packs? What does that have to do with weapon balance? Health packs are hardly limited to certain weapon types.

Offline Lightning

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 02:54:04 pm »
you cant tell who's gonna win that 'battle'.
depends on skill, and maybe also on luck.
if m79 hits, its over. on the other hand, if the ruger is faster and hits once/twice (or m79 missed), hes the winner. (again, im still talking about realistic).
so i think its not a good argument.

Offline Elemental

• Major
  • Lawl
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 03:16:44 pm »
If you keep your distance from an m79, the ruger can easily win that battle..thats just because m79 has the short range attack.

Offline DrivenUnder

• Major
  • Im Jess
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 04:50:40 pm »
Har har har, I remember my first time getting into clans, and I thought I owned with m79. I thought I owned everythinggg, then Gameover tried me out and I got like poont by his ruger, lmao. Though Ive gotten better in my variety in weapons and such =]

To be serious with you, ruger is just fine at the moment. It can rip anyone to shreds at short distance.
Dont forget, nades help bring someone's health down for a quick 1-2 hit kill. You think I stand around shooting someone, I rush up to them and shove them a nade. It really doesnt need to get stronger.

Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline GNU

• Major
    • Australian Soldat Community
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2006, 10:31:09 pm »
No need to be stronger, maybe less bink..... maybe.

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 01:11:34 am »
I think the ruger USED to be good, now it's just a bit off because so many shots don't count and if they do they do just a bit too little damage.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Tacklebeast666

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 12:50:12 pm »
1. why won't you guys who suck at using rugers leave this post and let experienced players talk about them. or at least support your opinions with facts?? look at the posts gameover makes and then look at some of your own....jesus christ, at least be like me and try the weapon out for a few days to at least know enough about it to state a fact. f you don't know nothing about ruger then don't talk.

2. I'm not gonna comment on the start up wacko ideas, but there really needs to be something to be done with the ruger. I don't know if you suck or anything like that, but when i use an auto i use less than half of the bullets to kill the enemy, either that or i'll be dead before i use half of my clip. so no it's not fair to use 3/4, and it's very hard to hit 3 out of 4 as well with a ruger. Myself has been practicing with the ruger exclusively, and i still find it very very hard to use a ruger well. No other weapon requires this kind of skill to use.

3. on the other hand, ruger's overpowered somewhat in reaslistic games, and requires a much smaller amount of skills to use. Many people will often switch to ruger when they get killed constantly or not get any kills with their other weapons, then end up to be on the top scores. So this is a very hard issue to fix.

4. well since i'm already here i'm gonna make one suggestion, and here it is.
i dont' agree to make all the other weapons weaker, all the weapons on soldat are nerfed in such a way that they all are very weak. when a new player first joined the game, the first thought that came up was "wtf is wrong with these guns....start up time, big bink, slow wep speed, weak damage".
however, my suggestion (open for flame, but please flame with supporting facts, not opinions) is to make the ruger a 2 shot kill weapon, while the meantime also increase the attack damage of most other guns.
This idea should work because the ruger will be more fair to use, while the autos still have a chance against it.
i never understood why in each version the weapons are toned down instead of increased power.....eh, just a thought.

EDIT:
1. ruger sucks in nonreaslistic unless with master skill also because often people will take your kills. it seems like that two shots not both on head will make the enemy with almost less than 5 % hp, and most times another player will take that kill easily with autos.

2. the scenario against the m79 is not fair. i can think of 7 primary weapons off the top of my head that can beat a m79 in long range (not including m79 or ruger). and so can socom.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:54:38 pm by Tacklebeast666 »

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2006, 09:07:43 am »
How about the bullets stay as powerful for longer distances?

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2006, 11:24:20 am »
I think it's good enough as it is. It's accurate, has a long range, and a relatively quick reload time. I think the range and speed of the bullet should be decreased just slightly, as it has an advantage over the other guns.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

AaaaaaaahhhHH!!!

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2006, 11:29:48 am »
no it doesn't, if you ever see a ruger player who go around killing everyone fast that means he put in the devotions and time way more than you guys to learn the weapon. that's why he's so good.

the weapon itself is very unfair, try it yourself before go around saying "it's already too damn powerful". just because you got killed by it doesn't mean the weapon's too powerful, maybe the player's good?

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2006, 02:26:45 am »
i say more damage and 1 less round of ammunition

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 02:23:21 am »
Quote Tacklebeast666:
"
I don't know if you suck or anything like that, but when i use an auto i use less than half of the bullets to kill the enemy, either that or i'll be dead before i use half of my clip. so no it's not fair to use 3/4, and it's very hard to hit 3 out of 4 as well with a ruger.
"

I think 3/4 is extremely fair, considering you can fire all 4 bullets in just about 4 seconds. True, maybe with some autos you can fire a  whole clip in roughly 4 seconds, but does each bullet do approx. 50% damage? and the ruger has the reload time of an auto. i think no one can complain as a ruger "not good enough". it is already a very good weapon. and if your not good with it? i recommend using barret for afew hours. get the feel of a straight-shooting rifle where hte bullet goes very fast through the air. when you start owning people with the gun, transition into the ruger. the arc is not quite as straight, but when you get used to it, the ruger turns into an auto-sniper with 4 bullets and a great reload time. that is my opinion on the ruger. DON'T CHANGE IT. IF ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, PRACTICE IT OR LEAVE IT ALONE.

Offline CardBoardWarrior

• Soldier
  • "The best secondary is a primary"
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 06:28:33 pm »
Ruger is pretty sweet right now, doesn't need to be changed.