Author Topic: Message Log Script  (Read 2153 times)

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
Message Log Script
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:49:01 pm »
Script Name: Message Log
Script Description: /msg Leaves a comment in Message.txt for an admin to read later. Usefull in servers where someone can't watch it 24/7 Added: /viewlog and /clearlog (/viewlog goes to console) Also added date and time.
Original Author(s): amb2010
Core Version: 2.6.3

Download the attachment and extract to the soldat server/scripts  folder.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:32:20 pm by amb2010 »
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline ZomgProniss

• Camper
  • Known ingame as Proniss
Re: Message Log Script
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:54:28 pm »
so like u type /msg hello then i can look in a folder or something and it will say hello?

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 08:57:05 pm »
Yes that is what it would do. Also if you just downloaded it though you will have to re-download it. Uploaded the wrong version  :-\ EDIT: Also it doesnt tell them the /msg command because when i had it do that on my server everyone basically abused it..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:00:08 pm by amb2010 »
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:17:33 am »
Yes that is what it would do. Also if you just downloaded it though you will have to re-download it. Uploaded the wrong version  :-\ EDIT: Also it doesnt tell them the /msg command because when i had it do that on my server everyone basically abused it..

Lol, that figures.. you could make a cooldown time on it that will allow the players only to do /msg once in a few minutes. That'll bring down the spam. I'd also include date/time in the message if i were you. And lastly do give ppl who download it the instruction to alter the access-rights on the message.txt file so it can be written by soldat
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:28 am »
it should also be possible for an admin to read it ingame or through remote admin console

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:37:12 pm »
OK updated it with those. Added /clearlog (clears the Message.txt) and /viewlog (puts contents of Message.txt to the console) Added the instruction to provide Access rights to Message.txt and a spam counter that you can change by editing SpamTime := 30; Date format is  Month:Day:Year and the time is Hours:Minutes:Seconds PM/AM