Author Topic: Terror Wars Mod  (Read 3570 times)

Offline WhiteKnight

• Major(1)
Terror Wars Mod
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:35:57 pm »
Hey!
I made my first mod! It is called Terror Wars and is themed on a Post Nuclear population.

Here is a screenie:

Download it here:
<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/b41ac0">Terror Wars.rar</a><br />
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I am all outta gum..."

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: Terror Wars Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:59:37 pm »
Sorry, but this forums doesn't support HTML... use bbcode like so:
Code: [Select]
[url=(link)](text)[/url]
Er, mod-wise, it's okay for a first mod. Some things to consider on your next one is more consistent shading and perhaps textures [as in make some weapons one color/shape theme and so forth]. Just some ideas. IMI Terror Pistol is very lol. Wondering if you salvaged the texture or something from the Doublezooka and Triple Crossbow off of something, since they don't match the stle the other guns are done in.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:31:05 pm »
The bulk of this mod is stolen from my mod Soldat Enhanced without my expressed permission.

All of those sounds were made by me and are my intellectual property and authored by me along with the interface, and all of the other images that haven't been altered.

The only things you have changed are 12 of the weapon images and their corresponding weapon sprites, the rest is all my work.

I demand that you erase this file from any and all file hosting websites on which you are hosting it and the stolen content be removed from it before you resubmit it. If you do not then I will be contacting filefactory.com and any other file hosting services hosting this file.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Exodus

• Camper
  • :<
    • All join the soldat steam group :D (if you have steam)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:45:51 am »
And there's almost no shading  >:(

The bulk of this mod is stolen from my mod Soldat Enhanced without my expressed permission.

All of those sounds were made by me and are my intellectual property and authored by me along with the interface, and all of the other images that haven't been altered.

The only things you have changed are 12 of the weapon images and their corresponding weapon sprites, the rest is all my work.

I demand that you erase this file from any and all file hosting websites on which you are hosting it and the stolen content be removed from it before you resubmit it. If you do not then I will be contacting filefactory.com and any other file hosting services hosting this file.
Did you make the sounds?
Thanks for standing still, wanker!

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 11:34:13 am »
Yes, I made the sounds. I made the interface. I made the chainsaw, law, bow, fist, flamer, statgun, cluster grenades, and grenades.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline WhiteKnight

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 03:14:37 pm »
Hey hey hey, Mangled no need to get pissy with me. I don't know what to do with the sounds or rest of the graphics. If I switch them to the original Soldat, won't that be the same as stealing all of yours? IM NOT STEALING IT! OK? I said that already. I can't change it to anything else right now. I have work to do and as soon as I can, I will try to switch everything back to original Soldat. And Exodus I will start shading it.
*EDIT*
Erm actually I didn't mention that I didn't steal it. :P Don't worry though everything will get fixed.

Date Posted: June 14, 2008, 04:11:15 pm

And If I remove it from any file hosting sites, who will be able to download it? When I fix everything I will remove it and upload the fixed version ok?
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! And I am all outta gum..."

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 03:18:48 pm »
Wait... you can put for now no-sounds, i think that it would be more intelligent than saying 'oh if i don't put yours it will look bad'

I think that you should fix the shapes. I think that if you work hard it can be great.

Good luck

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 03:32:09 pm »
Hey hey hey, Mangled no need to get pissy with me. I don't know what to do with the sounds or rest of the graphics. If I switch them to the original Soldat, won't that be the same as stealing all of yours? IM NOT STEALING IT! OK? I said that already. I can't change it to anything else right now. I have work to do and as soon as I can, I will try to switch everything back to original Soldat. And Exodus I will start shading it.
*EDIT*
Erm actually I didn't mention that I didn't steal it. :P Don't worry though everything will get fixed.

And If I remove it from any file hosting sites, who will be able to download it? When I fix everything I will remove it and upload the fixed version ok?

Ok, that seems reasonable. You didn't need to include it though, if you only put the files you change in the mod will still work correctly.

Sorry to seem offensive but I take pride in my creations and generally people who are new have a tendency to rip off others work without caring.

Offline w00titsme

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 11:02:41 pm »
Nice try, but try round it off and giving your weapons more dynamic and unique shaping and shading.
Make your Coca Cola fresh!

Offline Exodus

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 12:25:18 pm »
You can tell which mangled* made, because they are shaded  [retard]

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 12:59:09 pm »
You can tell which mangled* made, because they are shaded  [retard]

My, you ARE retarded.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Exodus

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 01:20:15 pm »
You can tell which mangled* made, because they are shaded [retard]

My, you ARE retarded.

Why
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:34:59 pm by Exodus »