Author Topic: SCTFL12 Playoffs  (Read 9052 times)

Offline ElGato

• Camper
Re: SCTFL12 Playoffs
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 10:12:01 pm »
[NMS] vs [DC]

[DC] won so that's one more NA clan in the top 16. Good luck to them in next round. :)

YESSSSSSS!
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 10:34:25 pm »
EF wins..mhm Interesting..Even Though I dont' think Seals or In ~ are going to let themselves get taken down that easily.  But then again EF got some pro players..

Still my new predictions are

AE vs In ~

Ae Winning, but we will see, maybe an underdog like DC will win or FOST.

- Jeremy

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 11:39:41 pm »
Compared with last season, this season the amount of parity in the league and playoffs is MUCH MUCH greater. The standard deviation of win percentages in the playoffs last season was 11.75%, which means each clan was about 11.75% higher or lower on average from the mean winning percentage of all playoff clans. This season the standard deviation of playoff clans is about 9.13%.

This is for the most part consistent with what most people have noticed this season is freeplay. Last season everyone was essentially certain that the final match would be Invictus vs EF with like a small chance of it being UN vs EF. This season while Invictus might be favorites to reach the final, everything is essentially in the air. I believe there are 6 clans in the left side of the bracket that can beat eachother, while there are around 2 or 3 on the right side that can beat eachother.

My personal prediction as to the final when taking my own clan out will be UN vs Seals. Course the chance of that happening is pretty low since as I already mentioned, the left side of the bracket especially is pretty much up in the air right now.

I totally disagree with you Poop.

Well this season, 69% of clans that win their first match had a 4.20% chance to make the playoffs. 5% of the clans who lose the first map will actually have a 83.3333% chance of getting the first kill in the map. You multiply the standard deviation by the amount of deaths of the 2nd place player and that gives a 30% chance that they will suicide by a grenade. Take the the cosine of 9.222222 and divide it by the square root of negative 10 then subtract 3 and multiply it by the amount of caps by the bravo team and then divide it by 3 and the formula will show you that the right side of the bracket has a greater chance of winning the championship, if and ONLY if the amount of twins in Sweden that don't die from SIDS become Soldat's response to the decrease of Asians in multiplayer role-playing games. Thus being said, I can CLEARLY conclude that the winner of SCTFL12 will most likely be a hybrid european/american clan. I'd probably go with the favorites if I excluded my clan.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 10:39:50 am »
=UN= vs {EF}

{EF} is out, =UN= proceeds to second round.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline .Ryan.

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 11:20:23 am »
And whats worse, EF members appear to be deserting the clan.

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 11:35:35 am »
Goddamnit {EF} got crushed right after my predictionssss. xDDDDDD

FOST WILL WIN SCTFL12 !! :DDDD

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 11:42:58 am »
Loool @ NMS lineup.
Where's Ama, Titus, Spidey?

Ae Winning, but we will see, maybe an underdog like DC will win or FOST.
wut
FOST WILL WIN SCTFL12 !! :DDDD
wut2

In ~ will win this sctfl...
... or =lagUN= will win.
AE/ also has a chance.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 11:49:17 am »
Ziem LOL you actually can never know who is going to win, I mean none of us can know really..
All it takes is one mistake by a good team..and there out..

Who knows In ~ might lose in the next round, UN might, AE might, and maybe Fost will win..

None of us can really know, So Let me guess what I guess plz, cause that's all this is rofl.
Just look at DC man, Beating NMS a clan which was so good.. I mean they had like a 30+ winning streak a while ago..

LOl, Just look at War..they are like ripping up Soldat atm..

- Jeremy

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 11:56:31 am »
Jeremy its obvious you don't know too much about the heavy clan scene, as a few clans tend to shine every year, yes there are surprises but its pretty good guesses at who will win.  I also don't see why you are surprised about war, they are a very good clan. They just used to be inactive.

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 12:32:24 pm »
Hopefully some of the clans will start to analyze In ~ and see what their tactics are, what weapons are being used, favorite maps, and come up with a combat plan.

117 Wins and 6 Losses, you're not going to win if you use conventional tactics.

CRUSH THEM. DO NOT LET THEM WIN THE SCTFL. GO GO GO NA CLANS !!!! D:<

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 12:33:36 pm »
1. NMS had played in rather bad lineup.
2. war| is a good clan... nothing really amaizing.
3. Fost won't win(I'm 99,5% sure). Come on, it isn't only luck-based (and you can't avoid better clans in playoffs) -_-

I can predict the winner cause I know the clans and players' skills, I can be wrong 'cause if one clan won't play in their best lineup (|FF|, NMS :/) the other will have an advantage...

Lone-Wolf - It won't really help you. Will it help you if I'll say that In ~ is going to play Voland with Ouchek and Ciesta (both Ak/knife) and 3rd player?
I don't think so.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:37:21 pm by Ziem »

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 04:26:15 pm »
Hopefully some of the clans will start to analyze In ~ and see what their tactics are

Being better than everyone?

Ciesta AK whoring

Date Posted: June 12, 2008, 01:45:06 pm
AE/ lost to #tba.

http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=6218.0
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 10:29:35 pm »
Compared with last season, this season the amount of parity in the league and playoffs is MUCH MUCH greater. The standard deviation of win percentages in the playoffs last season was 11.75%, which means each clan was about 11.75% higher or lower on average from the mean winning percentage of all playoff clans. This season the standard deviation of playoff clans is about 9.13%.

This is for the most part consistent with what most people have noticed this season is freeplay. Last season everyone was essentially certain that the final match would be Invictus vs EF with like a small chance of it being UN vs EF. This season while Invictus might be favorites to reach the final, everything is essentially in the air. I believe there are 6 clans in the left side of the bracket that can beat eachother, while there are around 2 or 3 on the right side that can beat eachother.

My personal prediction as to the final when taking my own clan out will be UN vs Seals. Course the chance of that happening is pretty low since as I already mentioned, the left side of the bracket especially is pretty much up in the air right now.

I totally disagree with you Poop.

Well this season, 69% of clans that win their first match had a 4.20% chance to make the playoffs. 5% of the clans who lose the first map will actually have a 83.3333% chance of getting the first kill in the map. You multiply the standard deviation by the amount of deaths of the 2nd place player and that gives a 30% chance that they will suicide by a grenade. Take the the cosine of 9.222222 and divide it by the square root of negative 10 then subtract 3 and multiply it by the amount of caps by the bravo team and then divide it by 3 and the formula will show you that the right side of the bracket has a greater chance of winning the championship, if and ONLY if the amount of twins in Sweden that don't die from SIDS become Soldat's response to the decrease of Asians in multiplayer role-playing games. Thus being said, I can CLEARLY conclude that the winner of SCTFL12 will most likely be a hybrid european/american clan. I'd probably go with the favorites if I excluded my clan.

Ill be honest, I chuckled when I read this post. However as much as people want to think to the contrary, statistics do explain MANY things, and some people who simply do not understand them always love to discredit their validity. You still want to disagree with me after 4 "Underdogs" have already defeated the favorites this season?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 12:59:49 am »
AE/ vs #tba.

Sorry for late update, been playing MGS4 whole night. :O

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 05:23:17 am »
This season is full of surprises.

If this keeps up, even Inv will have to pull their pants up and start going into rage mode early if they want to keep the winner's belt.

Too bad for AE/ and EF had it coming! That's what you get for recruiting everyone! Har-de-har-har.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 04:22:35 pm »

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 04:29:31 pm »
Hm, I'm betting on Inv vs. Seals| and Invictus wins.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 09:27:42 pm »
Going by the freak underdog trend, this is what I foresee (and my bias towards NA clans)

For the left side.

R7 vs In ~ = R7 (Stranger things have happened, In could make mistakes, get over confident, Blade is insanely lucky, along with most of R7)
(SN) vs "fish" = (SN) ( Played both of these clans recently, SN is FAR better imo.
DC vs Daltons = Daltons ( I has inside in4mation)

R7 vs (SN) = R7 (NA FTW!)
UN vs Daltons = UN

R7 vs UN = R7

And for the right.

Ox* vs PaK = Ox*

Seals vs tba = Seals
Ox* vs war = war

Seals vs war = I have no clue, but Im rooting for war

FINALS! NA POWER!

R7 vs war| = Either one will do! Rooting for R7 though.

Oh well, heres hoping NA will clutch the title from the evil Euros!
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 10:11:05 pm »
Seals| vs \\F.O.S.T//

A lot of the upcoming matches should be interesting, but I am really looking forward to seeing if R7 can pull of a victory against In ~.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 07:09:47 am »
Predictions:

In ~ no doubt will reach Final 4.
{EF} defeats =UN= and #Dalton. - Final 4.
Seals defeats FOST and #tba. - Final 4.
war| defeats PaK~ - Final 4

Then it's the ultimate showdown between Seals| and  {EF}....

{EF} wins the SCTFL12 !!!

*anxiously waits for awesome demos* <3

BUZZ! and you lost all your wager..

Yeah it was pretty unexpected.. ef lost.
Always remember the succubus...