Author Topic: BattlEye suggestion  (Read 1207 times)

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
BattlEye suggestion
« on: June 20, 2008, 11:33:20 am »
Could there be an option to disable battleye kicking but still showing in the console when it detects someone hacking?

We disabled battleye in our server, because it caused some problems and we don't really need it (usually we know the players who play in there). But still, it would be nice to know when battleye detects some hack even if it does nothing about it. When someone new suddenly starts playing in the server and he is really good you start to suspect, you know, and I don't want to annoy old players with battleye just because I'm paranoid.
urraka

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Re: BattlEye suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:26:47 pm »
This is actually a good idea.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:33:09 pm »
Yeah. Good suggestion but at a closer look: If there is no admin watching the server and BE detects a real hacker... I hope you get what I mean.

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 06:37:26 pm »
You could make some script that writes a log with the battleye reports, and check later the players who had been detected as hackers. Anyway, I don't really care about random hackers that join one time and then dissapear. I'm more concerned about people who always play in the server that might be using some "help" and you can't notice it without battleye.
urraka