Author Topic: need feedback for 3rd party connection application  (Read 1354 times)

Offline vEsP@

• Major(1)
need feedback for 3rd party connection application
« on: August 22, 2008, 03:52:19 pm »
When ASE drops off, we players from Brazil (actually, our clan :|DP|:) felt that the interface for servers and favorites in the game doesn´t provide us what we need (all seeing eye does, but now is drown)

So speeking shortly...

I´m a developer, and i´ve dev a single connector off game using the binary argument (-join) of sodat binary file
But i´m not satisfacted, and then i´m trying to develop a interface that calls the added servers with map,players and etc...

to this feedback i´ve found some explanation about de lobby protocol of rr.soldat.pl

i´m thinking of building a socket for conect to lobby server to retrieve this information to the application program and then use it to connect in soldat...

plz fliesLikeABrick or EneScE sent me some feedback about this protocol.
I´ve tried to test the definitions found un soldat.devs/wiki but they didn´t worked

I´ve tried to connect throught telnet, ssh and netcat
None of them provided me with results....
I need a better explanation

PS:Sorry ´bout my english, i´m trying to improve it

Peace

Date Posted: August 22, 2008, 04:48:19 pm
I´ve forgot...

tested with both TCP and UDP protocols...and no response from lobby server...
(TESTED WITH AN INFINITI OF STRINGS listed on soldat.devs/wiki , even sending only a single byte representing de nature of the operation (101,102 etc...)
plz help me, so i can´t finish this soon and post the software por public license