Author Topic: Frenchie's MAD! Again!  (Read 7831 times)

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
Re: Frenchie's MAD! Again!
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 11:01:55 pm »
Yeah I PMed chrisgbk.

It would be good to have MAD capable of downloading from either 1.4.* or 1.5 servers at the same time.  ;D
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 11:55:59 am »
That would be an awesome idea! F12 :P

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 12:05:51 am »
Update:
Added- Scenery Fetcher.

Some servers do not have all the sceneries required for some maps. This would cause missing scenery errors for anyone trying to fetch these maps. Before MAD would download maps and download every file needed for it but if the servers didnt have it.. obviously wouldnt be able to get it.

But now whenever the Scenery Fetcher runs, it compiles a list of all the missing scenery and every single map in the DB that needs it, it will then download that specific scenery from any server online with one of the maps

Date Posted: August 06, 2008, 08:00:00 pm
MAD UPDATE
MAD is now integrated into SoldatHQ.
Alot of things have been added, updated and fixed.

Added
Searching of Maps or Sceneries - Using Normal or RegExp searching, (Waypoints na/on/off)
Map Details Page
Scenery Preview - on map pages
Servers Currently Playing Map - like a map? then you can test it on these servers.

Small update for SLAP
Added stat images to SoldatHQ

TODO
Add Texture Searches

Check it: http://soldathq.com/maps.php

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:23 am »
I see the "offline servers" and "offline players" lists aren't done yet. I suggest you don't finish them as you're database will be filled with people who play Soldat once with a random nick and servers with wacko names hosted on people's home dynamic IP address which changes everyday. I doubt you want all that fluff, right?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 03:34:16 pm »
I see the "offline servers" and "offline players" lists aren't done yet. I suggest you don't finish them as you're database will be filled with people who play Soldat once with a random nick and servers with wacko names hosted on people's home dynamic IP address which changes everyday. I doubt you want all that fluff, right?
Luckily that's not how my database works. :D

If server hasn't been contacted for 15 mins it's offline (along with all it's players) and then there deleted after 50 consecutive time-outs

Anybody got thoughts on MAD (maps section)?  :)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 07:54:54 am »
the missing scenery fetcher is a really nice idea! keep it up

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 08:59:44 pm »
the missing scenery fetcher is a really nice idea! keep it up

It is; only problem is some people have a habit of replacing missing sceneries with default ones that have been renamed. So it's possible for this to download the wrong scenery because someone did that; not a big deal though.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:13 pm »
It is; only problem is some people have a habit of replacing missing sceneries with default ones that have been renamed.
People seriously do that?

Well, the filesize (or possibly something else) could be compared with all the default scenery ones, and if its identical to any of them, then it won't add it to the scenery list, and won't DL that specific scenery from that server again (or at least for a given amount of time)