Author Topic: My Formulas For Success  (Read 2706 times)

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
My Formulas For Success
« on: June 23, 2008, 07:10:49 pm »
Ruger/Deagles/Spas > Autos

Autos > 1 Shots

1 Shots > Ruger/Deagles
Investing all your practice and time into one weapon can mean you'll never be more than an exceptional player. You will win the big matches and games with your brain. Always. The veterans have learned how timing and positioning is more crucial to a team's success than just being able to kill. But they're veterans, and you're still Joe. Let's start simple:

Playing Level: Intermediate to Pro
Mode: Normal

Memorize the above formulas. They work. I'm very confident in them, and I've seen the tide of a match turn because of these three formulas.

NOTE: You won't win every single time. But these formulas can help you match a higher level player. It is also a 'gateway' to learning a more tactical view of the game.

Elaboration
R/D vs. HK - The HK may have a short reload - but it's short range will screw it over 80% of the time. The 20% is if the R/D decides to rush.
R/D vs. AK - Long range is good. Long reload and fire interval = screwed. Some will argue that the fire interval is shorter than that of the ruger - but that makes no difference because the fire interval simply means you won't be laying off enough bullets to finish off the ruger.
R/D vs. Steyr - Weak bullets and a mediocre range will be the end.
R/D vs. Mini - Similar story as AK. It's not a matter of how many bullets you have, it's how much lead you can stuff into your opponent before he slices you.
M79 vs R/D - Rush them and give it to them point blank. It will work 80% of the time. The 20% is if the ruger has enough space to back up. I can think of one example - the Alpha base in Laos before the middle tunnel.
Barret vs. R/D - Pick'em off long range or give it to'em close range. Stand your ground when firing to avoid moveacc.
Long Auto vs. M79 - Spray - push them back. Just don't let them sneak up on you, and DON'T RUSH.
Short Auto vs. M79 - Use height. Use height. Use height. Do not fly straight up. Fly backwards/up at a 45 or 70 degree angle.
Long Auto vs. Barret - Some say spray for bink is ineffective. False. Barrets hit an auto because they can sneak a shot in before taking fire, use scope, or they compensate moveacc. I've seen instances where an autoer is hovering in a front of a ret unloading their gun. You can't be in one place. When a barreter comes face to face with an auto, they tend to stand their ground to get as little moveacc as possible. Make him move his mouse.
Short Auto vs. Barret - Much more effective binker, imo. Same idea as long autos. Just be wary of that scope.

Application
Different weapons for different maps. Let's say you've decided to trust me and you're in a gather at Nuubia. You see your opponents with autos. Ok. Bond says use R/D. Nuubia is a small map with lotsa rushing and lotsa nade spam. Pick the Spas over the ruger. The ruger has some spots of advantage, but you should experiment with the spas first.

Don't start rugering in nade spam maps and spas in long maps. Use the formula, but use the different weapon choices. R/D/S does not mean only ruger or only deagles or only spas. Autos does not mean only HK or only AK. Pick the type of gun based on your opponent. Pick the specific weapon based on the map.

And finally, a map might be considered rush maps or big maps - but there are certainly spots here and there that benefit different guns. One map is not completely beneficial to one gun. Using the Spas in Nuubia will cover maybe 60-70 percent. Remember the bases are pretty open and good hunting grounds for rugers.

Team Co-Op
Sometimes these formulas seem ineffective - but you need to check up on your teammate's weapons. If your opponent has a 1 shot, and two autos and your team has 2 R/Ds. You get that auto.

Going Further
You see you've learned so much about positioning and location. Pretty soon you will be figuring out how to maneuver effectively so you're hitting all the areas that give you the upperhand. That means you'll also be learning how to open paths and clear areas for allies to make a cap. It's this little step of learning the formulas and weapons that will open you to a new realm of Soldat playing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:01:15 pm by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: Improve your Playing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:38:10 pm »

Autos > 1 Shots

1 Shots > Ruger/Deagles
From the first two lines, we can logically say this:
p > s
s > q
=> p > q
AKA
=> R/D/S > 1 Shots

However, you seem to think otherwise...
I prefer to group my weapons in terms of range.
ex. MP5/Spas/m79 in one group

The best way to get better is to do organized games, be it gathers, clan wars, or just 1v1's with a friend.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:37:58 pm »
:( I don't understand what you're saying iDante.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:17:01 am »
Bond, Some of that stuff is pretty good, but ure not always Food when u auto against a ruger.  You just have to learn to time you're prone's and then just wipe them out, while their reloading.

Also I'd much rather use an M79 > Spas > Hk in Nuubia, because it's a small map, and these are pretty much small range weapons. 

Good Guide though :)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:39:06 am »
Being able to move good pretty much screws all your advice

A barret + good movement (being VERY good movement) = pwnage.  Even when rushing

Player since late 2007

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:48:01 am »
Your movement is position-specific. Some part of the map will leave you trapped and restricted while others give you better options. The tips aren't guaranteed to work 100% of the time. But they're important beginner steps to playing soldat more tactically.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 04:34:05 am »
I like this. What the Ruger and Deagles have is that inexperienced players find them hard to use, as the arc of fire is actually quite hard to master. The AK is probably the best weapon for me, as I am used to the the movement arc. I like the damage and it's quite fast bullettime is handy. It's got a slow reload, but that's the price I have to pay. The MP5 is pathetic for players who don't know how to use the arcs, that's why Barrets are used so much, and your statement also can be retracted if the server is realistic or not.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
Re: Strategy in Soldat
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:41:20 am »
Normal mode right? These wouldn't work on a realistic server.

OBEY!!!

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 04:47:05 am »
Your movement is position-specific. Some part of the map will leave you trapped and restricted while others give you better options. The tips aren't guaranteed to work 100% of the time. But they're important beginner steps to playing soldat more tactically.

Its hardly ever to do with the area of the map.  If theres an angled poly pointing to the sky, it's got quantas written all over it.  And theres bits like this all over the place on most maps.

Player since late 2007

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 04:53:23 am »
Yes, but where you move to - whether the space is to your advantage or disadvantage. Whether you have room to make a second move. Whether you have cover from fire while you reload or dodge bink. Whether your movement will buy you enough time to do whatever you need to do.

Unless you're referring to 'jukes' and fake outs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:56:29 am by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 05:30:10 am »
Skill > Noobnessness.
M79 > Skill
3 second reload time > M79.

There we are.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 06:41:34 am »
the only weapon good weapon combo is mp5 and trashtalk

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
From the first two lines, we can logically say this:
p > s
s > q
=> p > q
AKA
=> R/D/S > 1 Shots
No its rock paper scissors here.

Its all situational. With enough distance between the two, a barrett will beat just about everything, including ruger, unless he can manuver closer without taking a fifty cal to the face. And ruger is butt fucked close range.

You didn't cover the m79, which is like the easiest one of all. All you need to remember is to NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER attack an m79er horizontally. he will probably try to meet you head on, if hes a nub he will waste his shot, then you can have your way with him like a drugged bitch. otherwise if you stay far enough away at any angle you can take him out easy, but higher is better, just make sure you are not at an angle where he has a straight shot at you (above/below/sides)
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 09:43:38 am »

Autos > 1 Shots

1 Shots > Ruger/Deagles

It's not that simple, range is a big factor in this equation too so I would say spas>autos isn't always true, for example. Hell it isn't even usually true.

I see at the bottom you did give examples using Long Range and Short Range guns but still. The balance is also determined by the map and play style, not simply what guns are used.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Marcios

• Major(1)
  • :D
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 02:20:16 pm »
Auto's dont ''own'' 1 Shots and Ruger/Deagles/Spas doesn't ''own'' Auto's. It all depends on the Strategy and the Playing style of the fellow player.
Old-skool barreters will pwn a average Gather players using a auto.
while a good Auto'er vs a Good Sniper will be a Tiebraking game.

It depends on you're skill and experience with the weapon.

Sorry for my english though, you may find some mistakes in it ;) but you'll get the point.

Marc
'' If you live for nothing, im prepared to die for somthing ''
- Rambo

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 03:23:15 pm »
It's not that simple, range is a big factor in this equation too so I would say spas>autos isn't always true, for example. Hell it isn't even usually true.
Right. So use the shorter-range spas or deagles in small maps and longer range ruger in big maps. You aren't going to beat an ak with a spas in Maya2 - you will have a better chance with the ruger.

These aren't real numbers, I'm just showing what I mean.
Map Maya 2
Opponent AK - You Ruger = 75% success
Opponent AK - You Spas = 45% success

I clarified some things in the above post. Edited the first post, please check up on some changes.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker