Author Topic: "Connection Problem"  (Read 1094 times)

Offline a girl!

• Major(1)
  • `aL/-Jen(n)
"Connection Problem"
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:35:16 pm »
I've been having a lot of connection issues lately. It doesn't go all the way to connection timeout, just random, short connection problems that I never used to have before. What's causing these connection issues and how do I fix it??

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: "Connection Problem"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 05:47:45 pm »
With windows vista, the connection progress bar will stop during requesting servers, is that what you mean?  happens to me with my vista, you just have to press cancel and reqest servers again and again until it works ;(  if someone has a solution plz post it :)

Player since late 2007

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:32:58 pm »
There are a bunch of things that can cause this, such as Viruses, Spyware and related annoyances. Can you please describe your situation in more detail? Are you on Vista, XP or something older? What kind of internet are you on?
There are other worlds than these

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 02:23:05 am »
Is this happening across all the servers you play on? Or just particular ones?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline a girl!

• Major(1)
  • `aL/-Jen(n)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 05:50:18 pm »
My bad. I use Windows Vista, and the problems occur while I'm playing in a server... you know how you'll be playing and sometimes the game "stops" and "Connection problem" comes up where the chat is. Well I'll get a bunch of incidents like that while I'm playing, usually just a few seconds long. I notice it most often when I'm in the !Elite CTF Zombie server, but it's happened a few times in other servers.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 06:01:04 pm »
Its usually cause ofthe regular internet issues..  are you using wireless net?  sometimes in wireless you will lose connection if signal is low.  Its probably more your intenret than the game.

Player since late 2007

Offline JupiterShadow

• Camper
  • MS Paint + Adobe Lighting effects FTW!
    • 55274-640-8484137-23948
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 02:34:08 am »
Isn't this in the wrong section?

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 06:34:44 am »
Isn't this in the wrong section?
Yeah...