Author Topic: Get rid of the m79  (Read 20203 times)

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
Re: Get rid of the m79
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2008, 01:16:06 am »
Sry, i ussualy read only first and last page (i'm too lazy for rest)  ;)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2008, 03:38:22 pm »
It's fun to see people talking about "noobs who should/shouldn't use M79." Not that I'm any better but phhft... Think about it.

Some pages ago (no idea) Skosi gave us the test version of the modded M79. Please no, no! It was just--horrible.

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2008, 06:02:01 am »
hmm the m79 should just stayy its a way for beginers to get on...when i started i used it.Most people use it because they just get owned if they use anything else,so it takes a while to adapt to the game.

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2008, 10:08:52 am »
F11- if you get one bullet on and m79er- they can't aim cause it has a huge bink.  then you've got 3 seconds to beat their ass.

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2008, 01:26:23 pm »
They should take it out in server that dont want m79s that it :]
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline Lumen-Shroom

• Soldier
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2009, 05:06:09 pm »
I, for one, agree with $sniper to an extent. When you know that an enemy is using M79, you have to completely change your play style in order to effectively counter it. This is a much more drastic change than when you prepare to face, for example, a steyr or ruger. In order to effectively counter the M79 you need to stop rushing, which is the point of the game, and what makes it so fun.

And the M79 is not short ranged, as STM suggests. The muzzle velocity can exceed 150 speed units when the player is moving at high speeds, which is noticably faster and will go further than spas' pellets at stand-still.

+1000. Have a gold star.

Offline Flakes

• Major(1)
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2009, 06:58:04 pm »
I use the M79 nade launcher, got any problems? Anyway, If you can't dodge the m79 and whine about getting shot... you just bloody suck..

M-79's can be dodged so damn easily..   :|
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:05:05 pm by Flakes »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2009, 04:52:18 am »
M-79's can be dodged so damn easily..   :|
Depends on the distance between the two players AND the speed of both players.

The faster the M79er moves FORWARD, the more bullet speed his M79 projectiles gain, which means the M79 shot will have a longer range, slightly less curve and flies towards your target much faster. This is what we call "muzzle velocity". In 1.5, the M79 may lose its muzzle velocity.

Some people don't really shoot the M79 over long or mid-range with nicely aimed and curved shots. They would use a really annoying tactic, which is what we call "kamikaze" - they run RIGHT IN FRONT of the enemy, then shoot. The enemy definitely cannot dodge that and would die, and it might even be possible that the M79er receives no damage due to lag or if the distance is long enough to prevent self-damage and short enough to make the projectile practically undodgeable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:53:51 am by STM1993 »

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2009, 08:25:13 pm »
The faster the M79er moves FORWARD, the more bullet speed his M79 projectiles gain, which means the M79 shot will have a longer range, slightly less curve and flies towards your target much faster. This is what we call "muzzle velocity". In 1.5, the M79 may lose its muzzle velocity.

Some people don't really shoot the M79 over long or mid-range with nicely aimed and curved shots. They would use a really annoying tactic, which is what we call "kamikaze" - they run RIGHT IN FRONT of the enemy, then shoot. The enemy definitely cannot dodge that and would die, and it might even be possible that the M79er receives no damage due to lag or if the distance is long enough to prevent self-damage and short enough to make the projectile practically undodgeable.

But unless they're spawnkilling, and if you do what you're supposed to to beat M79ers, they shouldn't get that close.

"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/