Author Topic: burning players/bodies  (Read 2115 times)

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
burning players/bodies
« on: June 20, 2008, 02:09:13 pm »
what about when you put someone on fire / kill with the flamer the burning bodies / players can do damage or set other people also on fire (when touched to long) to other players who touch it??

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: burning players/bodies
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:16:20 pm »
... that was one of the 'features' in 1.something.something. It's very annoying. AFAIK it was toned down...
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 05:46:47 pm »
That already happens... I have played off line with 32 bots on some map where almost all bots went in this small cramped tunnel, and if you went down there with a flamer, and got 1 or 2 bots, the other bots running through caught on and soon it was impossible to stop, thus the frame rate went crap as hell and wasn't fun.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:07:51 pm »
That's already in Soldat's Flamer. But that + the fact that the number of flames that can be stuck onto a body is infinite makes the game very laggy...

I'd rather the Flamer be like this:
1. Flame touches player
2. Player takes damage of 1 flame
3. A second flame touches player
4. Player is seen with only 1 flame, but the damage is increased and the duration of the flame is increased.

Yes, it's like the current Flamer, but instead of having multiple flames stick onto someone which is the ctual source of the lag, there will only be one flame sticking but the damage and duration of that single flame is increased if more flames touch that enemy.

I think that may solve the problem of lagginess with Flamers, especially with lots of players.

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 10:11:41 am »
I agree with STM1993. The flame polygons also ccause serious lagging in some maps. Simply too much unneeded flames piled up onto one gostek.