7 (12.3%)
It's likely not to work.
4 (7%)
There's little hope for it.
6 (10.5%)
What?
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Happy Ending: Soldat Movie  (Read 21168 times)

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
Happy Ending: Soldat Movie
« on: June 22, 2008, 12:09:10 pm »
Happy Ending: A Soldat Movie.

This movie, yet to be [started on], is a general revenge plot which is turned around immensely (here's hoping) due to the involvement of an unlikely hero, the companions, notorious enemies and some all-too-well informed company about the whole situation. As to how it began, that will be revealed duringthe progress of the story.

It is my intend to make full use of what soldat has provided along with the cooperation of a willing cast as well as the aid of some who can help me edit the script in regards to information fed and the plot as well. However there are many obstacles that I have yet to get over. To begin, I cannot recall everything capable as I have not found the freedom to explore the game's attributes fully.

So with testing from volunteers (which I hope will enroll in the cast), some field testing has to be done. Not only will this allow me to see what ideas of mine are possible to convey, it may also grant me the honor of presenting someone with the leading roles.

Scene Rough Drafts/Layouts.
Act 1

(* = susceptible to change/removal)

Cast:

Leaders
    [medikit] Sophitia (The Mother) Claudius
    [medikit] Thessaly Olivia Loudinne
    [medikit] Father Joseph Fryer
    [berzerk] John (Admiral) Clide
    [Predator] Vaugner (Bud) Haust
    [vest] Mal Ah (Queen-B) Kaseem
    [vest] Shud Rah (King-B) Mummad
    [vest] Farleen (W-Queen) Rutherferd
    [vest] Mustahd (W-King) Mickael
    [flamekit] Marcus "Squall" Ackens[/list]

Main
      Corbin Citel
      Grey (Grave) Citel
      Felina Dulcia Belle
      Monroe (Gale) Montgomery

Rogues
      [berzerk] Name: Gun. Socom.
      [Predator] Camille (Chameleon) Lucross
      [Predator] Monroe (Gale) Montgomery
      [flamekit] Name: Shade. Spy.
      [clusters] Major (First)
      [vest] Name: Decoy. Misc.
      [berzerk] Arty (Snake) Mungbean
      [vest] Name: Slugger. None.[/list]

Others
        Assassin 1
        Radio 1
        Variant 1
        Major Extras
        Civilian Extras
        Soldier Extras

Veterans
        Admiral
        Billy
        Blain
        Boogie Man
        Commando
        D Dave
        Danko
        Dutch
        John
        Kruger
        Pancho
        Roach
        Sgt. Mac
        Sniper
        Stevie
        Terminator

Crew

*Server Administrator:
      Requested for admin commands for in game special effects.
      *Required to have a decent server

Off Screen Extra(s):
      Requested for weapon props for some scenes.
      Required to be swift in regards to mobility.

Protagonist(s) Roll:
      Requested for the star rolls. (Yet to be named)
      Required to be well rounded decently in soldat gameplay.

*Map Creator(s)/Editor(s):
      Requested for the creation of realistic maps/edits
      Required to be skillful.
      This may be needed if I do not get the hang of it
      Or if I can't find any realistic maps suitable.

*Music Composer(s)/Referral(s):
      Requested for scene music (of different genres?)
      Required to supply more than one genre (or referral).
      Works in conjunction with the choreographer(s) when needed.
      Or, simply put, sound director.
      If I am one then I'll require a second, or third.
      I know not if this is too demanding or not.

*Co-Director/Co-Producer:
      Requested to be the first or second (or third?) of opinions
      Required to be flexible in agreement (as I'll try to be)
      This is for the purpose of coming to a decision through wise council.
      I think.

*Choreographer(s):
      Requested for fight scenes and other important moments.
      Required ability to coordinate with others.
      I may fill this role if not be one of them.

(In terms of the cast and crew, credit will go to who it is due.)

In Detail: Clans/Groups
        Name: Heaven's Cross.
        Symbol:
      [medikit]
      Brief Description: Caretakers of the wounded

Name: Shadow Ops.
      Symbol: [Predator]
      Brief Description: Secret Organization

Name: The Chess
      Symbol: [vest]
      Brief Description: Policemen

Name: King
      Symbol: [nades]
      Brief Description: Warranted Vigilantes

Name: Major Clan
      Symbol: [clusters]
      Brief Description: Lab Accident

Name: Ill Luminous Graze
      Symbol: [flamekit]
      Brief Description: Investigation Team

Name: The Great Gunmen
      Symbol: [berzerk]
      Brief Description: Skilled Firearm Fanatics.[/list]

Questions:
      • Answered How does one cause slow motion moments?
      • Answered How long does a discarded weapon last on the field before it disappears?
      • Answered Is there a site that allows better quality (not requiring membership for viewers) for a movie than youtube?
      • Answered What other action taunts are there aside from victory, smoke, piss, remove cap and that other one activated by alt+2?
      • Where can I get the stats for all of the weapons?
      • For the purpose of appearance, is it possible to get a full listing of the player's colors?
      • More questions to come

Last words (for the moment, I guess.): It's likely that, if anything, this will be a time consuming project but I will try to do this in bits and pieces, meaning that this movie (or series of episodes, I haven't decided yet) will be made in segments instead of the whole movie. My purpose for that is to ensure some level of better quality for viewing, if it does help. I am not fond of the quality that I've viewed on youtube. But is it possible to get better? In regards to my second topic in this section, I made this one for the purpose of an organized appearance since the previous one is gone to hell (excuse my language). But if either or is to be removed, please let it be the first one. I may be the only one writing the script. But I may need an editor since I'm not the best at the technicalities of my own English language. :-[ And I am uncertain if I should try and form a clan of some sort, the SMC (Stunt Man Clan), for the fun of soldat and such projects, to discuss this among instead of broadcasting to the public. I am only uncertain because, of all my years playing, I have only operated in groups within team play, never a clan per say.

Well I know that it needs work but opinions are welcomed. This is something that I have had in mind and this post is the fullest extent to which I have laid it out, for the first time anyways.
      « Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:31:08 pm by decoy. »
      [FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
      [[ 300.91m | sniping distance
      [[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
      [[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Snake007111

Re: Happy Ending: Soldat Movie
      « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »
      If you still need volunteers, I'll help ;)

Anyway, It's a great idea and I hope you'll persist on making it :).

EDIT: Discarded weapons stay there for +/- 20 secs.
      « Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:38:26 pm by Snake007111 »

Offline jerich

• Camper
      « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:01:16 pm »
      As you might be dedicated to do this, many players who end up volunteering back out. Hence, the 0 for 10+ chances of movies that are choreographed made.

If anything, please take your time to try and do the soldat trailer competition. There are not that many competitors as far as I know, but more entries will optimize the chances of the best possible trailer.
      Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
      • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
      « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 07:07:18 pm »
      If you need people to be able to have weapons whenever they want, you could try using a server with Fistbox. It gives players, among other things, the ability to spawn items (guns and pickups), switch to any weapon, god mode, and the ever popular remote explosives. That might remove some hassle from your process.

I like this idea. We seem to be in the same time zone, so I'll be able to help you. I'm pretty good at Soldat and I'd love to do anything you want me to.
      <3*xwd
      love conquers all

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
      « Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:48:58 am »
      Sounds like a HUGE project. Wish you luck on it decoy..

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
      « Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:04:37 am »
      i am ready to help you. Just pm me. I like the idea behind this project. Good luck !
      I have 3 and half years soldat experience + i can help you in editting the video(though i have made soldat videos and they sucked, now i have improved)
      I can make maps but i am not a pro.
      Music is not my side. You can take me in as a choreographer or edittor.
      You can also take me in as a model(the one who will perform)
      The special server you are in need of, i think i have a good server with a nice script.
      « Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:12:38 am by nuclearrambo »

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
      • "YOU are a CAR."
      « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:54 am »
      I can help you with a server (12 slot, eC - I got two but one isn't really being used so... If you need one, you can use it at any time) and I'm decent at scripting and mapping.
      « Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:24:38 am by Boblekonvolutt »

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
      • All in the mind.
        • Paradigis
      « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 01:52:53 pm »
      I am glad to see that my request for aid has not gone unnoticed. And earlier this morning I was going through some map checks to see which ones will be useful for the realistic scenes. Unfortunately mid-way I did get a little nauseous (some motion sickness drawn from Gex 3 on Playstation 1 when I was younger maybe). But after waking to feel better, I can say that time was not wasted. I actually came up with an idea for a boxing scene as well as a second zombie scene. The first zombie scene is meant to be visually entrapping, giving the kinds of activity that will be occurring there as nothing but the second main character with a few appearances will be present. And that first zombie scene was pre-planned with a certain type of stage required.

The boxing scene requires someone to be good at boxing as well as a certain stage which I can explain in limited detail. Basically there's one boxing ring, with an elevated stage and ropes like a ring, from which everyone spawns from, just that one point in the center of the ring. There will also be a surrounding area with tables, lights from the ceiling and a bar on one side of the ring to make it look like a second class joint where boxing's often entertainment. Yet only the second main character and several people will be in that ring. The ref who abandons the ring after calling the signal to box, the first challenger, who respawns several times for a recovery of the round, to display the concept of the boxing ring. The meaning behind that scene will act as a moment for a flash back scene in which the second character will be present.

The second zombie scene is actually something quite simple which is also suppose to be visually good. Maybe not as alive as the first zombie scene but still kind of cool. And that second scene requires a bit more dialogue to it as the first one is just for show.

The story will partially deal with weapons development, meaning that not all of the weapons will be visible to begin with. Also given that the main character is not one bread for combat, it's likely that the main character will have to get their hands on a weapon first and its likely a socom. Also ammunition is another key factor in some of the scenes. I won't be too exact with how the choreography should be since detailed direction isn't best for everyone. And as detailed as I try to be, I'm likely to forget due to issues with short term memory too.

Anyway, I'm back to reviewing maps for realism. I'll later post a list among the maps already equipped when the game is first installed and see about the other TW and other maps people made that look realistic (of course credit is due to those who made the additional maps). It's likely that some of the less realistic maps will be made for the virtual reality scenes, like the maps with the apparent floating portions of rock suspended in mid air with either no reasoning to it or thin ropes.

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
      « Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 11:47:10 pm »
      i would like to recommend you something;
      i dont know if you have mentioned or have this in mind,
      how about a war scene on the TW ?
      It can have a name: "soldier's nightmare"
      It would depict the life of a soldier who fights till end. It will be recorded in advanced mode.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
      • All in the mind.
        • Paradigis
      « Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 02:06:59 am »
      That's not a bad idea. I can possibly use it for my second zombie scene. It needs to have a dead air about it though for what I have in mind.

Date Posted: June 24, 2008, 01:14:43 am
      Opening

Code: [Select]
      Game Mode: Death Match.
      Survival Mode: On

[[Screen fades from black to the scene described.]]

Birds chirp the end of daylight away (SFX required) as a short haired gentlemen of a slightly dark complexion, dressed in a warm green jacket and blue jeans, stands at the trunk of a tall autumn leafed tree while admiring the sun set as if tomorrow would change everything. However he does not remain idle only for the view. Anticipation of a very special occasion holds him steadily against the bark. However that very anticipation throws him back into habits he's been encouraged to abandon, for his health and more of all expected company [ alt+1 = smoke ]. Almost breathless by the view, and the newly lit cigarette, he begins to let a moments of contemplation leak from thought.

"One year...three months...and fourteen days. Heh. Not only did I survive working for those bratwursts afterwards and succeed those zealots, I'm to be the luckiest man as of tomorrow." His gaze lowers at the smoking filtered package of tobacco settled before him.

[[Screen to black: Main character's credits fill the scene. Now back to the scene...]]

"Yeah...tomorrow." After those words summoned his resolve to fulfil the last request made of him, he tosses his cigarette aside, with speculation about what he did. A sigh ends the easy moment of contemplation as he begins to walk forward expecting someone. Liesurely distancing himself from the tree, something startles the song birds, once above him, causing them to disperse with the beating of feathered wings fast against the air.

[[Screen to black: The sound of a sniper rifle's shot echoes. Now back to the scene...]]

Already beyond the sight of the tree, before a stone shadowed by the sun, [ prone position ] lies the same man in the tall grass, bloodied and barely able to move. "I..." He struggles to find the breath to speak, pushing himself to keep conscious a little longer for some kind of escape from this twisted turn of events. "I...*huff* can't die like this. I've..." he says as he begins shuffling forward [ in prone position still ]. "Got to live *huff* for her..." He gains five seconds more worth ground before a female figure, in army fatigues with a Barrett strapped to her back and red hair hidden beneath her cap, approached him. Before the other, neither moved. Neither spoke a word for a moment that passed.

As a plea for his life were the intent of what could be his last words, he spoke. "Gale..." but was immediately silenced as she removed her cap [ alt + 3 = cap/hat on/off ], took hold of her riffle and crouched with the hollow tip of the barrel barely touching his head. "WE LOVED YOU!" Her abrupt words stole the moment and enforced silence. Attempting to regain some ground on a day already lost, he spoke. "I...". Yet to no avail, he was interrupted once again as he could not ignore that she reloaded her weapon. "I loved you..." She said.

A still air froze time, of a different type of anticipation. "I loved you t..." Interrupting again, she continued. "How could you betray us Grave. HOW COULD YOU!" Now, more so delirious than what the nervousness of his anticipation left him, he believed that the right words could earn him redemption this very moment. He believed that he was taking advantage of this silence and her uneasiness, causing hesitation in lone index finger, to stall by choosing his words carefully. Unfortunately his judgement was off point. "For us...G" he said.

[[Screen to black: The sound of the last shot fired, with the force of the bullet slicing through his head and ricocheting from the dirt, are as clear as day. The words "Happy Ending" appear in the middle of the screen in white text on cue of the shot fired. Given a second to allow what just happened register, the screen and the words fade for the sound of hard foot prints to sound just as resolute. Now back to the scene...]]

The fresh, bloodied, corpse is abandoned in scene as a visual source, another young lady with [ dreads ]long brown hair and a teal outfit, of a slightly lighter complexion, appears to recognize the corpse's face without hesitation. "Grey?" She said, not knowing what to make of her fiance's corpse. She kneels [ crouch ] by his side immediately after, and the last words, being hers, marked the end of the scene."...No."

[[Screen to black: End of opening scene.]]
      « Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:55:36 am by decoy. »

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
      « Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 01:40:40 am »
      when are we going to record this all?

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
      • All in the mind.
        • Paradigis
      « Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 10:09:18 am »
      That's a good question. I would like to get the rough draft of the whole script down first, so that complete versions won't have to be waited for and so any changes that can be made will be made mid way. I'd like for this to be enjoyable from the view of those who are involved as well as interesting from a spectator's perspective.

However, I think that an outline of the story will better suffice for now rather than a rough draft, seeing as I don't have the time I would like to have for constructing one fully. So if anything, I'd like to see how this opening scene turns out if anything. This means I would not mind bothering with the intro now. All that's needed aside from the actors of this scene will be the scene itself. In the meantime I'll try to get my hands on a map maker of some sorts because I'd like to know how to become a little more involved than pitching a curve ball of an idea. But if someone could try construct a concept of what I am regarding for the intro then I would greatly appreciate seeing what the outcome is.

Also, aside from this map, I have a specific idea for another major map as well that I would like to begin work on, which is the first zombie scene. It's suppose to be visually active from how I plan to make use of it but details might kind of spoil it. I'll just say that it'll look like hell with the sight of it raining blood (literally) and fire from below. XD

Date Posted: June 26, 2008, 11:06:34 am
      Also to mention, while at work, I came up with an idea for a camp fire scene, just to show off the use of animated fire as well. Of course I'm going to try and use an image to cover the fireplace while allow the ground to burn whoever is laying there, thus the person will be covered behind the fire scene. This will be an informative scene in the plot too.

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
      « Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 07:42:20 am »
      ok ok we need our staff online at the time. Just post the time of recording. i will try to get on at that time/
      and the camp fire scene will need a lot of work. If you can wait for 1.5.0 then we will be able to use animated scenery.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
      • All in the mind.
        • Paradigis
      « Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 08:44:13 am »
      Understood. However I was hoping to make use of what is available for the animated scene, just because what I have in mind isn't actually too bad. Kind of like being resourceful before this and that feature was available type of presentation. Now I'd just like to get to a map maker.

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
      « Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 11:38:54 pm »
      i am not a good map maker. Maps that i make are sucky but i will still try to make them. Just give me drawings of the maps you have in mind. Ill try my best to achive the quality needed.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
      • All in the mind.
        • Paradigis
      « Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 08:48:19 am »
      I just need to find a map making program, learn the basics and I'll handle some of that heavy load of maps.

Offline scout

• Camper
      • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
      « Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 09:17:06 am »
      well, i can help out with the sounds and music.

I know where to get game/movie soundtracks. you name it, ill get it.

as for sfx, i can try ripping a few sounds from the games i play, so it should'nt be much of a problem.. My sfx sounds collection ranges from weapon sounds to ambiences.

but anyway, id be glad to help in this movie extravaganza :D

EDIT: What exactly kind of movie soundtrack are you looking for?
      « Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:23:18 am by scout »

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
      « Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 09:30:40 am »
      lol
      he hasnt replied to the post for long time;

Offline scout

• Camper
      • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
      « Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 11:04:15 am »
      lol FYI, his last post was only made bout an hour before mine. read the date and time XD

Offline Akira

• Major(1)
      « Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 07:51:31 am »
      If you have any spots left, count me in :D

PM me about any questions.

I wasn't sure if I could understand your first post completely, but we can talk about that later, if you want to :P

I can do pretty much anything but scripting, hosting good servers and mapping. If you got a spot, PM me, please. :D
      Mp5 |Akira!.aP