Author Topic: Minimi in exp. Mod: Bink = 0?  (Read 7961 times)

5th_account

Re: Minimi in exp. Mod: Bink = 0?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 05:42:44 pm »
1) A long reload does not balance a strong gun, it just limits it's usage.
2) It sounds like you haven't even tried the balance in-game. Because it's not a silly ammount of moveacc, just one unit.

Offline Soggy

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 08:29:09 pm »
Ive tried your 1.5b balance thingy, and i know it won't be as i like,but surely the minime wont end up with 0 bink will it? As mofonofo said minime get used ALOT here in Oz and i agree with the killing the power slightly, but the lack of bink makes it basicly a stat. gun. :-\

The move. acc. although has been moved up is still nothing to complain about, its come par with the ruger, so i dont see the problem.  i can manage to hit with a rugers 4 shots, the minime has 50, i think most people who get out the minime will still be fine, and those regular minime'ists will still kill people in abundance.

I read you said that some degree of realism is put into the gun, I myself have never used one (XD) but im sure the recoil sends some bullets all over the place.

in our case we call it bink, and just some bink will make it seem sane. Just some, not the whole -49 it had, with the move.acc. included maybe -10 is all thats needed? less even! anything but zero. :-\
something to make a minime'ist ease up for a fraction of a second so i dont lose my mind with the numbing sound of them facing off on b2b.  soldat is mindless s*** already... ;)

Offline DarkBlade

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 02:46:24 am »
"No experianced played is effected by selfbink" so y does the bink need to be removed? ppl arent affected by it, to make it noob friendly? with no bink its a stat gun, and we know how unskilled and painful stat guns are... the hesitation to use use bursts is the price u pay for autoing and is now a complete spray gun, a non stop one.
im a ruger user myself and the movement accuracy thing is fine cos as a support weapon, not aussault, u should really be standing still more than someone rushing to the flag, if u use this gun. i agree with soggy that the bink doesnt need to be much, just some "anything but zero"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 02:50:28 am by DarkBlade »

5th_account

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 08:21:40 am »
"No experianced played is effected by selfbink" so y does the bink need to be removed? ppl arent affected by it, to make it noob friendly? with no bink its a stat gun, and we know how unskilled and painful stat guns are... the hesitation to use use bursts is the price u pay for autoing and is now a complete spray gun, a non stop one.
I could twist that and ask why it needs to be there.

First of all, from a realistic point of view, people generally expect a light machine gun as the minimi to act as a support weapon, in that it can generate a greater volume of continous automatic fire than the usual firearms carried by infantry. The greater weight would help absorb the recoil unlike an mp5 that goes wild from fully automatic fire. The weight that would be double that of assault weapons would result in added moveacc instead.

From a gameplay point of view, selfbink works horribly bad. It's first applied on the 4th bullet. Even with crazy amounts of selfbink it would still be able to shoot in a straight line by taking a pause after the 3rd bullet. One can let go and click on the fire button fast enough to not effect the fire rate. unexperianced players though are really effected by the selfbink, making bullets fly in a extremely ugly manner +- 45 degrees. It doesn't even appear random. They'll seriously think the game is crap. When I showed Soldat to a friend in 1.0.5b he took the minimi and praised it as his favourite while making machine gun sounds and thinking he's rambo with those poor bots. If there was selfbink he would have gone "wtf" and chose M79 or uninstalled.

I don't know why you instantly assume making it a non-stop automatic would make it overpowered. It wouldn't really effect the fire rate for anyone with over a month of gaming on their back. The damage is slightly decreased and it's more inaccurate in overall combat. Also the semis will get boosted, so even if the mimini was unchanged it'll be relatively less overpowered.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:23:10 am by 5th_account »

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 09:10:47 pm »
I think minimi is too accurate, the first 4-5 round it goes straight, they should make it less accurate.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 09:13:23 pm »
I think minimi is too accurate, the first 4-5 round it goes straight, thry should make it less accurate.
The first 7 shots from the AUG fire almost straight, and the Minimi's reload is just long enough. Minimi is perfect, and I have never heard anyone say something about it until now.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 11:19:40 pm »
actually on the AUG it seems like the first bullet is random, then the subsequent make a nice line
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2006, 12:48:04 am »
I think minimi is too accurate, the first 4-5 round it goes straight, thry should make it less accurate.
The first 7 shots from the AUG fire almost straight, and the Minimi's reload is just long enough. Minimi is perfect, and I have never heard anyone say something about it until now.

I've complained about the Minimi before. It's bullet cache is capable of taking out 4-5 people at full health per reload even with some room for error. You may say that would be silly since it expect most shots to land, but then the same could be said of the Ruger, Desert Eagles, and other weapons which leave little room for error. I really don't see any weakness in the weapon -- a somewhat lengthy reload time for a weapon that is capable of wiping out most of a team in one strike is hardly a set back.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2006, 10:59:57 am »
u got that right, it got no weakness: huge clip size, accuracy( if fired semi-auto fashion ) firing speed and great damage exept the reload but it doesn't make this weapon any weaker
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:09:00 am by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 07:36:30 am »

I've complained about the Minimi before. It's bullet cache is capable of taking out 4-5 people at full health per reload even with some room for error. You may say that would be silly since it expect most shots to land, but then the same could be said of the Ruger, Desert Eagles, and other weapons which leave little room for error. I really don't see any weakness in the weapon -- a somewhat lengthy reload time for a weapon that is capable of wiping out most of a team in one strike is hardly a set back.

Presuming that you’re firing in a constant line by tapping fast, you have to take into account that you miss more bullets when you’re shooting fast as the 'bullet line' misses and wastes 1-3 (4-5 if you suck) bullets each time you miss, plus more bullets are wasted after the Soldat dies as your unused bullets in the bullet line go in/past his dead body. You can get 4-5 kills if you fire slower, but you have to tap fast if you’re against a good player. The bullets that go in/past the dead soldat are less or none at close range.

You might not get the line affect with normal misses because you should adjust the next bullet to hit him, but that does happen if its at mid/long range and the guy makes a sudden turn.

- a somewhat lengthy reload time for a weapon that is capable of wiping out most of a team in one strike is hardly a set back.

Most of a team in one strike? Do I even need to comment for you to know how stupid that is!? You don't have to be a Minimier to know that's BS. Although its possible to get 3-4 kills in one mag, that doesn't mean that Minimiers commonly go into bases and do that kind of damage as if its nothing.

Well  you did say "capable" and you are talking about the reloading and not its power, but It sill sounds like a Minimier can just press the spray button and kill 4 players without breaking a sweat.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:59:11 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2006, 05:30:19 pm »
SDfilm is right. :( You make using the Minimi sound easy adn it's not. It takes a good skill level to take out an entire team and I've seen some good Minimier's.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2006, 10:04:41 pm »
Presuming that you’re firing in a constant line by tapping fast, you have to take into account that you miss more bullets when you’re shooting fast as the 'bullet line' misses and wastes 1-3 (4-5 if you suck) bullets each time you miss, plus more bullets are wasted after the Soldat dies as your unused bullets in the bullet line go in/past his dead body. You can get 4-5 kills if you fire slower, but you have to tap fast if you’re against a good player. The bullets that go in/past the dead soldat are less or none at close range.

You're saying that amount of bullets isn't import because you can miss shots? This is something which can be applied to ever firearm and is hardly unique to the Minimi. The Minimi's bullet cache isn't much since if you shoot a dead soldier you'll waste bullets? ::)

- a somewhat lengthy reload time for a weapon that is capable of wiping out most of a team in one strike is hardly a set back.

Most of a team in one strike? Do I even need to comment for you to know how stupid that is!? You don't have to be a Minimier to know that's BS. Although its possible to get 3-4 kills in one mag, that doesn't mean that Minimiers commonly go into bases and do that kind of damage as if its nothing.

Well  you did say "capable" and you are talking about the reloading and not its power, but It sill sounds like a Minimier can just press the spray button and kill 4 players without breaking a sweat.

I never said that anyone can just pick up the weapon and do that much damage with simple spraying, but a good player can. My favorite auto is the Minimi, and I find I typically do get 3-4 kills per reload, much more if my team has damaged the enemies. You also know that a good auto player doesn't just spray, and tapping out bullets gives good accuracy. Again, the complaint is about the potential, and it's a very much realized potential during most matchups and usage that I've seen.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 03:36:08 am »
I really dunno why bink is set to 0  ???
but its exp.mod and i hope its not final version ;)

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 12:34:49 pm »
hmm, i like this change, but not for the minimi just yet. id have thought it to be applied to the larger of the machine guns in a more drastic way, perhaps about 10 bink like soggy said, because the smaller machine gun is much more used for assault, and if you really want to support youd use a BFG....but meh veiws are a bit too drastic im beginin to think, as i like a huge seperation of how weapons act and such. id want teh 0 bink on teh minigun, with an uber high movement cost and minisculely more power ful ammo, where as the other should be a heavy assault weapon.

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.