Poll

Yes?

Yeah, sounds good.
5 (33.3%)
No, not needed.
10 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Shotgun's spray lethal  (Read 1509 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Shotgun's spray lethal
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:01 am »
Sup guys,

I was playing Soldat today and was using the spaz for a change, shot a wall next to me and watched as the bullets bounced back and did absolutely nothing to me. That is extremely unrealistic. If you go snag a shotgun from some random pawnshop and decide to shoot something only a few feet from you, the pellets will bounce back and hurt you. A lot.

Add this realism to Soldat?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Bjarne Betjent

• Camper
Re: Shotgun's spray lethal
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 12:12:51 pm »
If this should be added, bullets should bounce back from walls and such...
Could be added in realistic, but nothing for normal gameplay.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 12:46:44 pm »
But what if you shot a hill next to you? How many do you think would bounce back?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline chronosparadox

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:58:19 pm »
Not a bad idea, because a lot of the shotgunners I see blast away without feeling any consequences, besides the crappy reload time. If they had to worry about the pellets coming back at them, now it would make my day a lot more easy.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 03:08:07 am »
Lord Frunkamunch is right, there is no way to specify what the polys are like, and there is just as much polys intended to be dirt and grass as there s intended to be stone and metal, so adding this feature won't help the games realism.

I F11.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:10:26 am »
Lord Frunkamunch is right, there is no way to specify what the polys are like, and there is just as much polys intended to be dirt and grass as there s intended to be stone and metal, so adding this feature won't help the games realism.

I F11.

Geekier than you!

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:32:02 pm »
Really depends on material in real life, and sense you can't specifify material in soldat poly's... not going to happen; although if map format is to change, F12
F12 for it only happening on realistic, or maybe as an option for people who want to play a more classic styled realistic