Author Topic: Bullets colliding with corpses  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
Bullets colliding with corpses
« on: July 23, 2006, 05:39:56 pm »
This is really starting to annoy me. Whenever a bullet goes through a dead person's corpse/flesh, it acts as if it hits a player, and a squishing noise. My problem with this is I am often sitting down/proning, and some of the bullets from my weapons collide with newly created dismemberment and don't actually hit a real player. I propose making the bullets go right through them with no loss in speed or damage. And I also do not want grenades to explode on them. Does anyone else have this annoyance?

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: Bullets colliding with corpses
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 05:46:26 pm »

:---===VERSION HISTORY:

Current version:

1.3.1 (09.12.2005)[/b]
- Modified grenades don't explode on corpses (prevents lag bugs)
[/size]
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 06:45:15 pm »
Meh. I swear my grenades exploded on a corpse. But I don't really care about the grenade part, I hate the bullets colliding and losing speed. Especially with the Berret.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 06:56:18 pm »
i wish mm didnt change the grenade part. when i was a noob, i would m79 someone then throw a grenade at him, if he already died it would just hit him and explode, but if the death didnt register it would hit him :D now when i see others do the same the nade just go through the body and sometimes gets another... bullets are fine.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 07:08:23 pm »
im trying to understand this idea about bullets...

you are camping and you decide to spray, but your bullets hit a dead person nice squishy sound and ragdoll, nothing else happens...

what needs to be changed?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 09:16:39 pm »
I often like to shoot a few extra rounds into someones flying corpse as a kind of 'overkill' gesture :D

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 09:26:28 pm »
I often like to shoot a few extra rounds into someones flying corpse as a kind of 'overkill' gesture :D
spaz poons the dead corpse

the idea is to get rid of one of the great parts of the game?????? NEVER!
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 09:37:36 pm »
If you don't like your bullets being stopped by corpses, stand up and stop complaining. It happens to me on occasion, but it's just part of the game, and doesn't really bother me.

Besides, I rather enjoy adding a few more bullet holes to my victim's corpses :D. It just wouldn't be as much fun if you couldn't shoot them. 8)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 10:21:56 pm »
it's only realistic that bullets get slowed down when touching bodies...  i like it the way it is - aamof, i liked it when nades and m79 also exploded on corpses...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 01:31:31 pm »
Im not saying you couldn't shoot them. Im just saying the bullets won't be stopped/slowed down by them. Of course the gore would still do its thing when the bullets collide.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 02:09:57 pm »
Its war, stuff do get in your line of fire... live with it.... :P

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 02:14:27 pm »
Hiding in piles of bodies is so much fun though.   ;)

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 02:18:53 pm »
Hiding in piles of bodies is so much fun though. ;)

If only they where allowed to stay around for loonger..... corpses can be like teddies!! ;D

Offline Schweppes

• Major(1)
  • [pzy]Schweppes
    • Schweppes and Justin
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 01:04:22 am »
I wouldn't want this changed. Dead corpses work as excellent human sheilds. I suggest leaving it the way it is.

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 01:34:11 am »
It's weird that the grenade hit was removed because the corpses were positioned client side, but bullet hits were not... I am not sure what to think of this. Still, my theory is that, because an invisible grenade is more deadly than a bullet that hasn't been slowed down by a body, the grenade hit was removed and the bullet hit was looked over. Sure, it looks cool to tear apart a body with a Spas or any other gun, but then again, corpses could be in different positions on different clients, so then the bullet hit effect may not be noticed to one guy. Either way, I love tearing up bodies, and this kind of kills of that part of the game. I don't really care for the idea, sorry...

"The old ones are the best"