Author Topic: Idea for modding options (Reply much?)  (Read 933 times)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Idea for modding options (Reply much?)
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:23:56 pm »
Well.  Im trying to make a gostek mod that includes a jet pack on the guy's back.  However I found this impossible.  Currently this is what I have:

I modded the lecistopa.bmp so that the jet flames appear above the shoe, and at the top of the legs, behind the player so that it looks like he has a jet pack.  Basically, I attached the flame to his torso via the foot picture.  It does not work.  It will work at some angles, but at other angles the flames come out of the air next to him, or the image would get moved downwards, so his shoes will be down below him in the air, and the flames would be where his feet are supposed to be.  I tried to move it back up, but that interfered with the other images, so I am now sure its not possible to do this kind of mod.

What I propose we do about it.  My idea is that there is a text file that you can modify. 

The following represents that when you use jets, stopa.bmp changes to the image that is lecistopa, the shoe with jet boots activated
Image=stopa.bmp Action=jet.poa Change_image=lecistopa.bmp

Now lets change it a little (klata.bmp is currently a picture of the torso, with the jetpack drawn onto it in paint)

Image=klata.bmp Action=jet.poa Create_image=leciklata.bmp >> Change_image=leciklata.bmp

The image leciklata.bmp, is a picture of klata, with a jet pack on, and flames comming out of the jet pack (the file was placed manually into the gostek folder, and now appears in soldat via this code).  So now, when the action jet.poa is performed (when the player uses jets) the soldat guy on screen will have a jet pack, which will have flames comming out of it, so it appears the soldat is using a jet pack instead of rocket boots. 

This is really rough, and I dont know anything about source code, but if it was encrypted into the soldat code it would make more gostek possibilites.  Perhaps it could be a program, Soldat advanced gostek editor or something.  Anyway if it was possible to do this I will have everything I need to do my gostek mod :D

It could make a world of difference to modders.  I can think of many different options you could do, by putting new images, animations, sounds etc into soldat instead of just modifying the curent ones ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:50:08 am by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007