23 (21.5%)
F12
26 (24.3%)
F12, but saw only
55 (51.4%)
F12, but guns only
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Saw while backflipping  (Read 8708 times)

Offline Peu

• Soldier
Re: Saw while backflipping
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2008, 05:49:42 pm »
What you think is little, I think is lots. Our views differ on stylistic preference, there is little chance an argument about that would go anywhere useful.

Balance depends on the intended purpose. The intended purpose of the chainsaw is to be in a situation where you can saw the enemy before they can kill you. Like any other gun. Taking into account the saw's qualities, it is fit for certain situations, not all. Like any other gun.  Within the scope of the saw's use, considering it's qualities:I think that the saw is balanced. Pretty much... like every other gun.

I can think of many situations where dodging bullets, the thing that would eventually put a stopper on most sawer's massacre's, would be pretty damn useful if the sawer got to eliminate the sources of those same bullets at the same time. I can already smell the sweet, panic inducing randomness.

If the problem really is getting in range, pick up that sniper.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 02:29:52 am »
The fact that one can backflip and saw at the same time does not make it more powerful

I dare you to go flip into the air with the chainsaw and make the saw blade come into contact with something (say, a bot with no weapon) while you are backflipping.   

Not so easy is it?

now try doing it to a bot with a weapon.

Therefore.  This will NOT alter the chainsaw's general balance among other weapons.   

This is why, if you have no saw war experience, you really dont have a reason to F11 until you consider the idea from a sawer's perspective..
Because the point of the idea is to introduce more combat options in a professionalised saw war, Not increase the saw's power. 

Player since late 2007

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 08:41:05 pm »
The fact that one can backflip and saw at the same time does not make it more powerful

I dare you to go flip into the air with the chainsaw and make the saw blade come into contact with something (say, a bot with no weapon) while you are backflipping.   

Not so easy is it?

Therefore.  This will NOT alter the chainsaw's general balance among other weapons.   

This is why, if you have no saw war experience, you really dont have a reason to F11 until you consider the idea from a sawer's perspective..
Because the point of the idea is to introduce more combat options in a professionalised saw war, Not increase the saw's power. 

"Because it's hard" is not a reason as to why it's not more powerful. Also, bots play different than players. Also, making a weapon's advanced moves more effective is still improving the weapon. From the perspective of someone who uses the backflip and roll excessively, I very, VERY often roll past and through my opponents, if I had a saw at those times....
The most effective way to generate upwards momentum is with a backflip off a slope, if you have that speed along with the killing ability... well, if that's mostly useless to you, then so be it.

Offline CrazyArcher

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 05:57:37 am »
I have another saw idea: when a player with a saw is killed while having the saw working, the saw continues to work for a small amount of time (0.75-1 sec), potentionally able to hit someone. It should probably have lower damage this way, but still be kinda dangerous. I think it would add more blood to the game, making it more fun.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2008, 06:09:20 am »
^I like it

I doubt Enesce will add it however. 

Player since late 2007

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 08:11:40 am »
CrazyArcher - no, it would kill the fun when playing saw only.

Offline Lumen-Shroom

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 08:21:23 pm »

Not so easy is it?

"Because it's hard" is not a reason as to why it's not more powerful. Also, bots play different than players. Also, making a weapon's advanced moves more effective is still improving the weapon. From the perspective of someone who uses the backflip and roll excessively, I very, VERY often roll past and through my opponents, if I had a saw at those times....
The most effective way to generate upwards momentum is with a backflip off a slope, if you have that speed along with the killing ability... well, if that's mostly useless to you, then so be it.
There's no "most effective way" to gain momentum. They vary.

That said, the saw is an underused weapon and in most cases underpowered.

F12.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2008, 04:55:00 am »
Yeah, saw is a little underpowered, but usable.  Should get a slight buff in 1.5.0 when all bullet push is reduced.  I personally thing cannonball is one of the best momentum thingies, but I never use it due to the fact that you're bouncing backwards
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 09:00:54 am »
I'd use it more if you could kill people in the middle of it.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 10:11:40 am »
f12. I can just picture me how awesome the kill will be ;d

OBEY!!!

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2008, 04:53:57 am »
I'd use it more if you could kill people in the middle of it.

That's my point in the previous post.  Since you're turned backwards, you can't even see anyone coming at you.  Due to your high velocity, it'd be extremely difficult to react long enough.  Even when you've reacted, you still need to morph your cannonball into a proning position (I believe it gets you out of any flip or roll) to register your shot.  Now, the second bit would be different if you could register your saw while flipping. 
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Lumen-Shroom

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2008, 03:53:41 pm »
Reaction time isn't an issue. The best sawwers can pluck an enemy flying past pronejetting and use ~5 ammo.

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2008, 11:09:29 pm »
I like the idea, it should be implemented. For guns this should mean a spiral spray, right? Not the contra jump attack that most people think.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2008, 03:37:17 am »
Reaction time isn't an issue. The best sawwers can pluck an enemy flying past pronejetting and use ~5 ammo.

Yes, while moving forward.
While moving backward, you have minimal time to react (because of your sight - the most you can see is half a screen) then you still need to move your cursor to aim back forward before proning

Offline Lumen-Shroom

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2008, 06:13:07 pm »
You can saw people while backflipping, but the middle of the saw won't do it, as normal. Only the tip.

Proof at the end of this demo. When I backflip into PreParing in the flagspawn.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:21:27 pm by Lumen-Shroom »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2008, 06:26:36 pm »
Hmm... I really don't think its possible (I think its due to lag, like how some people say the person died and still capped). I tried doing something like that against bots. Didn't work. And my "Ammo" was not reduced. Only the sound was played.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2008, 11:31:17 pm »
Yeah that's what happens to me.
Looks like the YESs outnumber the NOs quite a lot
I do hope they will implement this

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2008, 01:13:09 am »
It needs 90% support from the community before it's officially a public request, then they will consider adding it. 

Player since late 2007

Offline Extacide

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »
I think someone doing a back flip with a saw has a better chance of shredding his own limbs off than anything else.

F11
~Heroes may come and go, but legends will never die~

Offline Lumen-Shroom

• Soldier
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 06:18:33 pm »
I think someone doing a back flip with a saw has a better chance of shredding his own limbs off than anything else.

F11

And in real life they shoot LAWs at people