Author Topic: Lobby back up  (Read 12874 times)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Lobby back up
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:05:31 pm »
After the U13/Puttynuts maintenance, there was a portability issue with the lobby server.  It has now been moved to a virtual machine that matches the software it ran on before. 

The lobby is back online, however it is at a new IP.  All server owners should restart their servers and flush their DNS caches. 

On Windows: ipconfig /flushdns

On Debian and its derivatives (including Ubuntu): sudo /etc/init.d/dns-clean

Offline falcon.

• Major(1)
  • quak!!!
Re: Lobby back up
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 04:35:36 pm »
:O good.

a question......When do they raise the new ip to begin to play online?
Why the servers are out of service :(

Offline Bl@cKLorD

• Major(1)
  • Knife Master
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:10:07 pm »
No... they aren't because i enter without problem in my favorite servers in 1.4.2 but when i ask for servers it send me an error... so we need the new ip to ask for servers...

By Bl@cKLorD
sig too big

Offline falcon.

• Major(1)
  • quak!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 06:32:55 pm »
:O

Offline dark1

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 06:35:51 pm »
could this be the reason that im only getting 104 ctf servers?

Offline Bl@cKLorD

• Major(1)
  • Knife Master
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 06:40:28 pm »
I dont get anyone when i ask for servers so i dont know how you can get a server xD!

By Bl@cKLorD
sig too big

Offline dark1

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 06:42:05 pm »
lol
i dunno
 i request the servers.. i get all the other servers that i nether think to look at.. all i get is 104 ctf servers lol

Offline Bl@cKLorD

• Major(1)
  • Knife Master
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 06:53:29 pm »
For me appears an error and says: Error While Connecting to defaultlobby.soldat.pl... something like that and i dont get servers... so only i can play in my favorite servers...

By Bl@cKLorD
sig too big

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 08:52:47 pm »
For me appears an error and says: Error While Connecting to defaultlobby.soldat.pl... something like that and i dont get servers... so only i can play in my favorite servers...

By Bl@cKLorD
Yeah I'm gwetting that too, anyone care to exlpain? Maybe I'm just retarded.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03:20 pm »
Everyone just needs to wait for ISP DNS caches to expire, the old lobby is not running so do not try and connect to it.  If you can connect to a lobby now, you're connecting to the right one and just need to wait for server owners to restart their servers.

If you cannot connect to a lobby right now, you need to wait for your ISPs DNS cache to expire.  This may take up to 12 hours from my original post.

Offline Bl@cKLorD

• Major(1)
  • Knife Master
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 12:25:59 am »
Thanks for the info.

By Bl@cKLorD
sig too big

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 08:08:32 am »
Cool, works now.

On CentOs (and probably on RHEL and Fedora), you can flush the DNS cache by doing this:
service nscd restart as root or sudo /etc/init.d/nscd restart as a normal user.
There are other worlds than these

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 11:25:40 am »
You do a great job FLAB, without you and your service the lobby server would be unreliable and spoil the fun of the game. Thanks for improving the quality of soldat.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 01:39:32 pm »
Hrm, the lobby works on my old computer, but not my new one. They are hooked up to the exact same router on the exact same modem, but only one of them works. Could this be because my new computer is portforwarded and has a static IP, or am I just an idiot.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 02:20:36 pm »
Hrm, the lobby works on my old computer, but not my new one. They are hooked up to the exact same router on the exact same modem, but only one of them works. Could this be because my new computer is portforwarded and has a static IP, or am I just an idiot.

On your computer which isn't working with the lobby, first restart (if you haven't already) and then try this:
Start > Run > Type cmd and hit enter. Type ipconfig /flushdns > hit enter > restart again.

edit: Just because your computer has a static IP and is port forwarded probably won't make a difference.

Offline a fool

• Major
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 03:21:29 pm »
ok, I am confused... In order for me to get the lobby to show up, I need to do the ipconfig/flushdns then restart my computer. but I can only request the lobby successfully once, after, I have to do the same process again. I hate restarting my computer just for that. can anyone help me?
Verily!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 03:26:29 pm »
ok, I am confused... In order for me to get the lobby to show up, I need to do the ipconfig/flushdns then restart my computer. but I can only request the lobby successfully once, after, I have to do the same process again. I hate restarting my computer just for that. can anyone help me?

Well, since Flies just moved the lobby to a new server with a different IP address, I'd assume it would take a few days for it to completely propagate to all the DNS servers in the world, namely the one on your connection. So maybe waiting a few days will fix the problem.

Offline Ralphy

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 05:03:44 pm »
Still doesn't work for me. and it's not my connection. When i go to request servers it says error in connecting

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 05:09:55 pm »
Can't you just tell us the new IP of the lobby, and then we can put it in the file 'lobby_servers.txt' which is in the soldat directory?
Or make a simple patch which does that?
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 05:17:47 pm »
Yeah, what's the new IP ?