Good idea?

F12 (Yes)
9 (56.3%)
F11 (No)
6 (37.5%)
Neither
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Reverse Advanced Mode  (Read 1790 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Reverse Advanced Mode
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:52:47 am »
I'd rather see a REVERSE advanced mode. Instead of earning a random weapon by killing, you lose a weapon if you get more and more kills with a certain weapon. This would go on until you are left with nothing but your secondary.

I think that'd be a better idea. It is a nice, hard challenge for the good players who are pwning in the server, forcing them to not just stick to the weapon they are best with and have to use every single weapon. They are also challenged to learn how to compromise ; they'd be forced to grab guns from the ground. They are also forced to survive if they want to use the same weapon throughout the entire game without having to pick it up or dying a whole load of times.

^ That's my suggestion. What do you guys think?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Reverse Advanced Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:25:14 am »
Personally, I'd never play it. If people want to use their favorite weapon, why punish them for being good with it? How can restricting people make it more fun? If people actually want to try new weapons, they can do it their own time, without a script forcing certain weapons on them.

f11.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 08:05:36 pm »
How can restricting people make it more fun?

It is empirically proven to be possible

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 12:20:02 pm »
How about you start out with all the weapons and lose them as they die? That's the best way I can... try to fix it....
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 12:52:23 pm »
This would be... interesting. A challenge for sure, so people who own with every weapon would make it to the top rather than DM and CTF allowing specialization.
Unfortunately, normal Advance is rarely played, and I fear this wouldn't be, either.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 02:15:18 pm »
I'd rather see a REVERSE advanced mode. Instead of earning a random weapon by killing, you lose a weapon if you get more and more kills with a certain weapon. This would go on until you are left with nothing but your secondary.

I think that'd be a better idea. It is a nice, hard challenge for the good players who are pwning in the server, forcing them to not just stick to the weapon they are best with and have to use every single weapon. They are also challenged to learn how to compromise ; they'd be forced to grab guns from the ground. They are also forced to survive if they want to use the same weapon throughout the entire game without having to pick it up or dying a whole load of times.

^ That's my suggestion. What do you guys think?
This is not really reversed Advanced. Reversed is that you start with all weapons and you loose one if you don't make the amount of kills the server has been configured for. That would be interesting :)

Offline Whitehouse

• Major(1)
  • Flag Protector
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 04:32:07 pm »
@LEO&STM: I don't see why you cant just dumb this way down......you set the score limit to 6 rounds, and after each round you lose the gun you started the round with, being that there is 11 primaries, this would allow for all players to have a primary throughout the whole game(you could also implement a recovery system much like in the cs scripts where you earn guns back for finishing a round with them). This could also had a huge tactics element into the mode because then you could discuss what round to stack up on and choose the guns your team is more effective with and what round to have the whole team pick the minigun, if you know what i mean.

@mxyz: yes this is true but i think ppl don't play advanced as much because say ur favorite gun is the deagles for example, well you can go a whole game and not unlock the deagles becuz its random but with this a. u can use them at least once a map and b. you get to decide when to use them and imo that wouldn't so many ppl away as fast as advanced mode

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 05:07:51 pm »
This can be done by scripting.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community