Author Topic: Hide 'n Seek Script  (Read 47298 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Re: Hide 'n Seek Script
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 10:46:25 pm »
I talked to this admin, and he said you were luring, which is not allowed. Also, to add to that, you were in his hiding spot and he told you to go away, which you won't. This got him killed and you apparently survived and won the round.

I'd like to bring over one of the rules from EliteCTF saying that you shouldn't bash administrators in public, but this forum is too far gone into the deep end to undo numerous reportings.

EDIT: To check the rules in either TMS Climb or TMS Hide 'n' Seek, type !rules.

Offline sly 3 4 me

• Major(1)
  • Dunno.
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 10:47:31 pm »
I did not ban you for 'that' reason. I banned you because you broke the rule "luring", 3 times. You are not allowed to occupy some one else's spot after they explicitly say "dibs" or a phrase along those lines constituting that the spot is theirs until they either die, or leave. You broke it once while you were trying to hide. When the seeker went to where you were hiding you went inside of my spot just to try to get me killed. You knew that I was there previously and still was there. Showing that you were in fact trying to get me killed and in that process breaking that rule.

You have to abide by the rules of the server. Next time please use !rules to see what the server rules are before you play an unfamiliar game style.  Send me a message and I'll un-ban you.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:57:10 pm by sly 3 4 me »

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2008, 01:11:06 pm »
Actually, the reason you were killed was not because I was "Luring" or whatever else you are talking about, the reason is because the seeker decided not to kill me when he could have killed me quite easily when I was standing still assuming that I would be dead if I tried to run anyways. After about 5 seconds you decided to get out of your hiding spot and run away and the guy chased you rather than easily killing me when I was standing at one spot. I think theres some funny rules when a seeker can decide who to kill when theres 2 players left and the guy he did not kill gets banned.  :D

Also why exactly do you want me to message you to get unbanned? Isn't it quite obvious I would like to get unbanned, or are you trying to give me a runaround here just because you can?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 01:53:56 pm »
Actually, the reason you were killed was not because I was "Luring" or whatever else you are talking about, the reason is because the seeker decided not to kill me when he could have killed me quite easily when I was standing still assuming that I would be dead if I tried to run anyways. After about 5 seconds you decided to get out of your hiding spot and run away and the guy chased you rather than easily killing me when I was standing at one spot. I think theres some funny rules when a seeker can decide who to kill when theres 2 players left and the guy he did not kill gets banned.  :D

Did he not make it clear enough for you yet? You stood in sly's spot. It doesn't matter that you weren't killed. What matters is that you broke the rule of occupying another person's dibbed spot, luring the seeker over there, and forcing the person whose spot you've stolen to evacuate. I highly suggest you don't do that anymore, because it sounds to me like you have your fingers in your ears when sly tries to tell you the actual reason for banning you.

The truth is, even if you had been killed instead of sly, you still would've been subject to banning for luring after being warned. Yeah, just let it soak in.

Offline sly 3 4 me

• Major(1)
  • Dunno.
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 05:32:22 pm »
As Snake said.. You don't seem to comprehend what I'm saying. I don't care about me being killed, it was about you luring the seeker to me. He didn't kill you because he knew that you were already going to die when you tried to "hide" in my spot in an attempt for him to kill me instead. Which is luring as I stated earlier. You already admitted that you lured and you were wrong in doing so. You're original post on here was about you being banned, and you still don't understand that you weren't banned because I was killed instead of you. It was because you lured the seeker to me. Please read more clearly before you post responses on things that are clearly your fault.

Edit: Also, I added the note about unbanning you if I couldn't find your IP in my logs. I unbanned you though, even though you shouldn't be after your lack of understanding on the matter shown by your posts on here..
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:40:11 pm by sly 3 4 me »

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 05:58:21 pm »
You already admitted that you lured and you were wrong in doing so. You're original post on here was about you being banned, and you still don't understand that you weren't banned because I was killed instead of you. It was because you lured the seeker to me. Please read more clearly before you post responses on things that are clearly your fault.

Thats interesting. If I was banned for "Luring", then wouldn't you have banned me when I initially got close to your hiding spot and stayed near there for 5 seconds, rather than after you ran away and then got killed and the round ended (Which was about 30 seconds after the luring happened)?

Anyhow, thanks for unbanning me. I will try not to "lure" in the future if I play again on this server.  ;D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline sly 3 4 me

• Major(1)
  • Dunno.
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 06:36:17 pm »
I was at someone else's house and didn't want their IP to be logged as an in-game admin. So I was using ARSSE to do it remotely. If I would have taken the time to click off of soldat and then do that I'd probably be dead. It wouldn't have been bad if they were logged as an admin, but I just didn't want that. Thanks for understanding though.

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 09:22:06 pm »
I updated the script and fixed a ton of bugs, it's the exact same script I have on !Elite TMS Hide 'n Seek now.

Offline la la

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 11:47:24 pm »
Script Name: Hide n Seek v2.5
Script Description Hide n Seek v2
Original Author: Iq Unlimited
Improved By: la la
Compile Test:  Passed
Core Version: 2.6.3

Improves descriptions:

- Added a Team Changer killer (it is intelligent enough to differ between admin "/setteam , /swapteams , round finish, /startgame and seeker leaver", it gives a warning first then the next time kills the changer)

-Added a Out mapper Killer (if a person go out off map boundaries for respawn in other spot of map, it gives a warning first , the next time kills.)

-And for fun added a suicide MSG ( Since sometimes ppl prefers to kill themself than to die at seeker hands , this will put a fun MSG for them)

Not much but i just wanted those features on the script since i play this mode and i think it is needed, I'm hearing any Suggestion you have for improve it, i tested this myself on my server for 2 days and worked fine but if you find bugs to report plz do so.

Offline la la

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55:02 pm »
Script Name: Hide n Seek v3
Script Description Hide n Seek v2
Original Author: IQ Unlimited
Improved By: la la
Compile Test:  Passed
Core Version: 2.6.3

Improves descriptions:

On request i implemented an Account system for HnS, credits for KeyDon and Spkka, since i based the Account system on their codes.

Now we have an account system that storage suicides and Wins, with an Imposter Autokicker (if someone comes with a name that have an account and doesn't login will be kicked o 30 secs).

Edited.
-changed the !stats command to work with name, not with Ids

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:18:09 pm by la la »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2009, 03:59:24 pm »
its not forcing m79 to red and taking guns out of bravo...
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »
nvm, works

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2009, 09:26:30 pm »
Just a heads-up about la las version: It's not as stable as my version is. Many more bugs that I'm not bothering to fix. I will -someday- make an account system that's stable, but it'll be after i fix the few major bugs remaining in the script.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2009, 12:17:35 pm »
What are the major bugs in the script? Also, is there anyway to fix the server kicking you due to inactivity when your hiding? What will the account system have? Gizd is working on Super Hide and Seek, maybe you 2 can work together or something, or have 2 different scripts? Of course, he will credit you if he uses your script as a foundation.

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2009, 01:35:49 pm »
The most major bug is:

Whenever there are only two bravo players left and one leaves, the leaver gets the "I'm it" flag even though he isn't in the server anymore, which really screws up the script.

The other bugs are just server screwups where the entire script just flips out and quits working for no reason. I dunno if I'll be able to fix these because I have no idea why they happen xD.

To be honest I have no clue how the account system is going to work or what it will have lol. I'll figure that out when I start scripting it, and I don't know Gizd or have any way to contact him so... I guess he can work on his own all he wants.

Offline PKS|Shooter

• Soldier
  • Dont fuck with us!
    • PKS - La Familia
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2009, 07:33:01 pm »
this acc system with HNS sucks! fact!
the first version of hns was the best :x

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2009, 01:46:57 am »
this acc system with HNS sucks! fact!
the first version of hns was the best :x

Couldn't agree more. Lol.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 07:26:05 am »
I decided not to have an accounts system, just a cash system and highscore board. I accounts can be tracked for stats, but wouldn't want an account system like hexer which is needed to play the game.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 07:31:12 am »
and I don't know Gizd or have any way to contact him so... I guess he can work on his own all he wants.

He is on the forum.

Also, is there anyway to fix the server kicking you due to inactivity when your hiding?

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37:54 am »
That's built in to the server. You can't fix it or turn it off.