Author Topic: Two ideas considering the weapons...  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
Two ideas considering the weapons...
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:06:22 am »
Have no idea if these ideas been suggested before,
i tried to search but found nothing, so correct me if im wrong.. :P

Idea 1:

How about that weapons that are dropped from a high altitude (as in, dropped in mid air while getting killed etc..) would be able to hurt you if they manage to fall for loong enough and hit you?

(The damage would then be modified after the size of the weapon and the speed its falling at....)

Idea 2:

I think the blasts from explosions should be able to move guns that lies on the ground... so they can fly away from (or to..) your reach, or acording to idea 1, hit you in the head... ;D

The force of the blast and the weight of the gun would determine how far the gun would fly away...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:12:33 am by Zegovia »

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
Re: Two ideas considering the weapons...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 11:09:16 am »
That sounds cool, but it could get annoying when someone uses an m79 blast to launch xm214s from across the map.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:10:44 am »
Yeah but how would the game physics engine know how big the weapons are , I mean , I can put a USSOCOM instead of the minigu and then what?(I know I'm just dumb but , I'm just to dumb to care)

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 11:20:44 am »
That sounds cool, but it could get annoying when someone uses an m79 blast to launch xm214s from across the map.

Its abit to heavy to be able to fly that far.... :P

Yeah but how would the game physics engine know how big the weapons are , I mean , I can put a USSOCOM instead of the minigu and then what?(I know I'm just dumb but , I'm just to dumb to care)

I dunno, maybe they could ad something like "weight" in the weapons.ini?:-\

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 11:31:57 am »
The first one has been suggested, and although I think it would just confuse gameplay I admit that it would be fun to drop a minigun on some camper.    :)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 12:21:57 pm »
first one's been kinda suggested (with saw...though i don see why this doens't include all the guns) - i'm not for it.
second one is already in the game.  it just doesn't happen in online mode cuz of lag issues.  If you play a game that's set over LAN as opposed to internet you'll notice how grenade and health boxes as well as dropped guns will go flying around when you fire at them or an explosion occurs...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Zero

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 06:06:40 am »
It looks like you are trying to add physics to Soldat.  And isn't in suggestion 2 don't weopon's allready fly when explosions are near?
True warriors know the destructiveness of power-and how and when to use it.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 08:02:41 am »
I think the first one is really dumb, I don't want to get knocked out because some jackass with a minigun got owned by me.

number 2 no it is not in the game, I don't want it to be. without number one it has little to no use and with number 1 it would be so annoying to get impaled by a knife.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 08:15:26 am »
I'd like to see guns occasionally go off when they hit the ground from a far fall. It would be pretty cool/funny.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 12:06:44 pm »
Idea 2 is already possible if you use LAN instead of Internet in the options.

I like Captain Ben's idea above ;D

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 12:16:50 pm »
Hmm... I also think Ben's idea would be interesting.

No to the other two though. These ideas may seem interesting at first glance, but they'll probably just end up being abused, especially falling weapons doing damage... that's just silly. You catch them... remember?

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 02:02:20 pm »
Missfire eh.... sounds kinda fun.. :D

Hmm... I also think Ben's idea would be interesting.

No to the other two though. These ideas may seem interesting at first glance, but they'll probably just end up being abused, especially falling weapons doing damage... that's just silly. You catch them... remember?

They will only do damage if they are allowed to fall for just the time to catch up speed..... :P