Author Topic: god threads  (Read 6231 times)

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
Re: god threads
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 04:44:08 pm »
Im curious, what is your opinion on the matter Ben?
If anyone can convert the masses, it's you.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 10:40:24 pm »
i'm a satanist that likes reading the bible with buddhist tendencies with a sprinkle of hinduism

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 11:12:14 pm »
Lies and bs.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 12:02:26 am »
no shit sherlock

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 12:06:49 am »
Obviously.  But would it hurt you to reply seriously for once?
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 12:58:27 am »
yes

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 03:43:31 am »
(before lock)
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 06:02:54 am »
god fuck off with your in before lock bullshit

you're half the reason threads get locked

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 06:36:48 am »
Then force BondJamesBond to post in a god thread so it will get locked.

problem solved
Banned

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 11:09:48 am »
Then force BondJamesBond to post in a god thread so it will get locked.

problem solved

Watch out for this one, he's clever.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 03:16:25 pm »
Bond just needs to leave debating to the folks that know when to not be a dumbass or to the people who know how to use chopsticks.
@ii

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 11:42:57 pm »
Awesome!... now let's do this in order.

can they be banned they're as boring as bat shinyfoo

I suppose you'd like all of the threads in the lounge to be desktop and music threads so that you can tell everybody they have no taste. You're insecure about your opinions and so you put on the troll costume and post unfunny bollocks.

Personally, I don't agree with the idea of these kinds of threads. I really wish people didn't create them because whether they wanted to or not, it will piss off certain kinds of people and cause controversy.

I actually agree with you, Ben.

Us debating elite can't help it if you get frustrated trying to keep up with the heated and intelligent religious debates. Why can't people talk about what they like? You don't even have to be involved with it but you're acting like people are forcing you to read the topics.

You agree with Ben, but lets face it, you'd agree with a goat if it was eating your clothes so long as it seemed like a cool goat.

It's a good debate, but they usually end up being spammed in the end.

It really depends who gets involved. It can be genuinely interesting when it's civilized but there are mentally immature people among us who can't cope with looking at anything from another perspective and they just fly off the handle. We all know who they are too.

...between 4-5 people max.

Can we end the "what are you listening to right now" threads? they just generate spam and nobody cares which metalica song jgrp is listening to.

I think it can be extended to any number of people, but generally it's only about 4 or 5 mature people who can actually handle the debate well without trying to turn it into flame wars.

Also, yes.

....mangled baiting all of you into writing paragraphs upon paragraphs of stuff that half of you in there ignore

Speaking from bitter experience Ben?:

i stay out of them because even when i put my serious boots on everyone ignores me like they ignore everyone else
no one elsem bothers reading what everyone else says

I thought so.

Mangled isn't some debating genius. Just a guy that doesn't shut up. No offense.

I live in a fantastic world. I need to vent my genius insights otherwise I will literally explode.

Mangled's effectiveness can be compared to a broken record player. The only reason he seems to be so swell at debating is because you're all idiots. It's like those key chains that read "How do you keep a blonde entertained? Flip this over to find out ->" on both sides. You forumgoers just can't seem to get enough of being called an idiot in any way, shape or form.

It's like candy to you. Candy. And Mangled is the internet-bully version of Willy Wonka.

I'm laughing. Thank you!  [pigtail] I need to drill some holes in my skull to give my ego some more breathing space.

i stay out of them because even when i put my serious boots on everyone ignores me like they ignore everyone else
no one elsem bothers reading what everyone else says

You think people pay attention when you act like a troll?  [retard]

Bond just needs to leave debating to the folks that know when to not be a dumbass or to the people who know how to use chopsticks.

I agree with this entirely. I have nice chopsticks and Sushi is my second favourite food.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 12:09:53 am »
i was using mangled as an example... it could be anyone

i like how you left this little quote out so you could pretend that i'm attacking you
if you're good at debating i'm good at rocket science

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 04:58:41 am »
Oh really? Well first of all I only act like a dumbass when I have to 'debate' with someone who is extremely close-minded and ignorant. Sometimes trying to prove a point with SENTENCES makes it too hard for them because my argument is completely solid. So I just step it down a notch. Baby steps. I know I have done well when a mod locks the topic before my opponent has a chance to respond. Obviously to prevent them from sustaining further shame. My tactic is efficient for MULTIPLE reasons. It is straight to the point and simple to understand. It is fun to read. It is fun to write. It is impossible to respond to civilly without looking like a dumbfeck troll (because who in their right mind would waste time responding to ths??1?). And if it turns out that I AM wrong, then I can merely spam the topic to lockage (trolling the topic, succeeding every other post, to ensure I have the last word) while looking like I am indeed trying to make an acceptable point.

But this leads me to the question of how YOU could just generalize all chopstick users as applicable debaters. In fact, I do use chopsticks. In fact, I am blood related to Asians. And In fact, I have relatives living in China. AND in fact, I have visited them on several occasions. They do not have forks there. So I am an exceptional chopstick user. According to your logic that would make me 'able' to debate. Perhaps this because you are frustrated that you yourself can not use chopsticks. Is this why you chose to sneak a cheap shot in there? Methinks   here is a bit envious of our users who can use certain sticks that chop. You know if you want me to take your argument seriously, you could at least keep it civil. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my post - but it's simply what I see. And I'm just bringing it out to the open.

god feck off with your in before lock bullshinyfoo

you're half the reason threads get locked
Captain Ben is this perhaps because you are perhaps speaking from experience of me locking your threads that you infested with your unfunny troll posts? Ok maybe those posts are bit on the 'offtopic' and 'spam' side but nowhere nearly as terrible as yours Ben. Perhaps you should compare our recent posts and see who can actually form a proper English sentence. That's right. I can. In fact I don't think I've ever seen more than six, yes six, complete sentences in one post of yours. Not to mention they are usually unfunny. The least you could do with your unfunny troll posts is make the grammatically accurate - so that way people might consider lending a pity laugh.

Also if I am half the reason why topics get locked what would be the other half? Ben? Maybe you? Considering you have posted in nearly every topic that has been posted in the Lounge - whereas I have at least a few topics that are free from my posts. You simply cannot thrive without trolling with unfunny posts - can you Captain Ben? Yes, indeed you are the other half of the reason why topics are locked. If I am half the reason topics are locked, then you are slag. See I can do it to. You see how unfunny your troll post was? Perhaps now you will see. Let's see if you now know.

Us debating elite can't help it if you get frustrated trying to keep up with the heated and intelligent religious debates. Why can't people talk about what they like? You don't even have to be involved with it but you're acting like people are forcing you to read the topics.

You agree with Ben, but lets face it, you'd agree with a goat if it was eating your clothes so long as it seemed like a cool goat.
This is indeed the most hypocritical post of this topic. Do you perhaps speak from previous bitter experiences of agreeing with cool cloth consuming goats? Were you perhaps a similar version of jrgp once? Your post of hypocrisy is astonishing. So I will have to do this bit by bit. First you say "us debating elite". Yet in a previous post you mentioned elitists with a negative connotation. Shall I assume you are indeed no different from those elitists? Perhaps you are frustrated that some people are 'elite' in areas where you are not. This is extremely hypocritical of you and the hypocrisy is astonishing. Secondly you assume all debates are heated. This is incredibly hypocritical due to the fact that heated normally implies flaming. And intelligence does not fall under flaming. Perhaps you speak from bitter experience when indeed you tried to flame intelligently. But due to Keimian's Third Law of Social Psychology (wiki it) it is technically impossible to insult someone while retaining class, morale, or respect.

You ask why can't people talk about what they like, but that is an extremely uncalled for assumption. anyone could be debating for reasons of (1) clarification (2) flaming (3) simply being amongst intelligent people to make it seem like they indeed belong with them (4) and of course because they are simply fecking around. Once again your gross oversimplification demonstrates your hypocrisy.  Hence your post is very hypocritical for the aforementioned reasons. But perhaps you simply post this because you are frustrated that Captain Ben indeed has someone whom agrees with his post. Is this perhaps because you frustrated that no one has agreed with you? You see you are very disagreeable because your posts are hypocritical - thus making you a hypocrite. Couple hypocrisy with ignorance (as you are) and it makes it extremely hard to agree with you because you standpoint is constantly changing simply so you can pretend you are intelligent. This is extremely hypocritical because you are indeed the hypocrite. Therefore perhaps hence you are indeed the hypocrite. So please do not spread indeed perhaps your hypocrisy thank you!

You disagree with Ben, but lets face it, you disagree with everyone because you are fecking slaggot piece of dogshinyfoo cock sucker baby fecker man titty licking sex machine hypocritical puppy raping boy molesting dahmer idolizing dumbfeck suck shinyfoo dipshinyfoo feckhead feck feck fecking stupid retard attractive person.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:06:07 am by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 05:38:22 am »
don't get butthurt and write a wall of text or anything

Date Posted: 28 July 2008, 16:33:18
oh plus here's a prefectly formed post by me with not [gasp] 6, but a MILLION sentences

This letter has three main sections. In the first, I argue that the big parlor game among Miss King Gay Kitty, Esq.'s allies is guessing which of them was the first to suborn the most laughable hermits you'll ever see to require schoolchildren to be taught that Kitty is omnipotent. In the second, I make it clear that Kitty prefers defamation to dialogue. And in the third and final section, I conclude that there is an inherent contradiction between Kitty's spleeny form of unilateralism and basic human rights. Without going into all the gory details, let's just say that somebody has to make an impartial and well-informed evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of Kitty's flimflams. That somebody can be you. In any case, Kitty proclaims at every opportunity that she'd never pose a threat to the survival of democracy. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. She has vowed that when you least expect it, she'll violate values so important to our sense of community. This is hardly news; Kitty has been vowing that for months with the regularity of a metronome. What is news is that some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that she is secretly scheming to prey on people's fear of political and economic instability. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence. I have now said everything there is to say. So, to summarize it all, as far as being larcenous is concerned, none of Miss King Gay Kitty, Esq.'s bedfellows holds a candle to her.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 05:48:32 am »
And let's not forget this, Ben. I know you probably wrote this:

I think you are forgetting the fact that this video game “gta: san andreas” is actually a game for children. They sometimes forget that you should be eating instead of playing the video game and that keeps them from becoming fat-asses while they sleep. In the end all that matters is that your blog post is about “the evilness” of the vidya that is becoming very clear in the mainstream of the medias. Vidyas are not a thing to be taken lightly and you seem to understand that but there is some very severe misunderstandings in this “blogu” post. There is some ways you could make it better by having a professional write 55% of it. It would help if that professional was me, master of vidya. I know everything there is to know about the vidya, of the future of vidya and all things you might be interested in. I know the hard drive of the xbox is huge lol and it’s a 6000gb SCSI drive if you are interested in these facts and bits of truth that are pouring into your blog comments section. Sometimes it is better to not think too much and just go on and on and on and on and on while considering the facts that some people might genuinely enjoy the game that is san andreas from the future. you must be very careful when you say things about the vidya because you might hurt someone’s feelings because vidyas are very serious business when you think about it. in the year 2009 more than 90% of people have tried atleast some kind of vidya, are you one of them? it is very important that you remember this when you play a new vidya and you are greatly enjoying it and preventing yourself from becoming a fat couch potato. i will help you on your journey to discover the best san andreas has to offer on the this mental trip of self discoveries. i will not be putting the controller down any time soon because it is important that you understand that halo 1 and 2 are the best gaymos in the world and you will never find another game that is as good as those two games. halo 3 comes close but xbox 360 breaks easily and that is not fun. i would not recommend that you use winblow$. there is many amazing free operation systemas in the world like ubuntu, linux for human beings. ubuntu is one of the greatest opertion systemers because when you use it you can feel the power in your finger tips. your computer will use less electricity and you will feel like a god. you are helping to save the world operation system by operation system. san andreas has nothing to do with this however and you are free to notice that when you think about important facts of life. sometimes it’s better not to but that is beside the point. i can’t wait for your “forum software of my dreams” but it is going to be amazing i think. i cannot wait to use my commercial database system, “oracle” in my forum. it is a great day for manking when my dreams come true and I can make my own forum of the future of vidya. there will be many new game s in the future like soldat 2 and ICH BIN IN DIE FUTURE
From this: http://jrgp.us/blog/2008/07/17/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/
There are other worlds than these

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 06:23:17 am »
pretty much

i'm a scholar in my spare time

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 11:10:24 am »
Wall of text attacks. You take 12. Your party has fallen. That is all I get from these god threads.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 01:58:07 pm »
ok

you're not supposed to my previous post seriously....

-.-
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker