Author Topic: WTF Soldat Mod  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
WTF Soldat Mod
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:19:42 pm »
WTF stands for Weapon Testing Facillity :)

You've probably seen a lot of these on various servers. Crazy, weird weapons. However, unlike in most of these, the weapons are kind of balanced. There's no one dominant weapon, and you can actually play for some time without being ripped apart by hundreds of law/m79 bullets. All weapons have their weak and strong sides.

Changelog:
Interface and In-game Guns
Explosion GFX (You might not like it, feel free to delete it :P)
I just realised something. For some unknown reason, you might get kind of like smoke sceneries spawning randomly on dead soldiers. I don't know what causes this, but if it happens, copy whatever your sparks-gfx (Besides 'explosion' sub-folder) folder contains into the mods/wtf/sparks-gfx folder.
Weapons.ini (Most important part of this mod)

A quick peek at the weapons, from spy's eye  ;)

Mine Gun
I've seen a lot of these around. They seem to be widely used, even by newb soldiers. It seems that the grenades this weapon shoots don't explode upon contact the person who holds this weapon. I've seen one guy stand around for too long next to one... Ewww, what a bloody mess

Block Gun
Most security guards carry these. They seem to have quite high fire rate, and are able to keep the enemy away dude to high fire power. They are quite unusable for longer distance though.

X924 LASER
Apparently, this weapon is still in testing phase. The laser is quite powerful, but it needs to change batteries frequently. Also, this weapon is very hard to hold still while standing. It seems best to lay down or crouch while using it.

Trishot
This gun shoots three toxic arrows at once. The toxin affects the target immidately, the toxin is very strong.

Toxin Launcher
This gun is upgraded version of trishot. It works like old fashioned shotguns, releasing cloud of shells. Although on point blank range it's lethal, on any longer distances it seems to not be able to kill the target in one hit. Very strong recoil, only advised to be used by strongest soldiers.

Nerdgun
A bored scientist made this gun, starting out with a simple pen sling, slowly turned it into this monster. Slow firing rate, yet bullets are strong and fast.

Annihiliator
Little is know about this gun, besides that it's very powerful. Before each shot, you need to turn the safety locks off, which takes some time.

Spy Cam
Latches onto the target, allowing us to see whatever he/she is doing, as long as we stay zoomed in. It sometimes instead of just shutting down, it overheats, hurting the target. Don't hope to remain stealthy if this happens, though.

Fireball Gun
Powerful, yet very inaccurate gun. Shoots explosive arrows. Decent firing rate.

Flak Sling
Launches a big granade, which explodes upon contact with the ground, sending loads of sharpnels flying. Hard to use, but very dangerous in right hands.

Ranged Taser
Used by riot police, it disarms the enemy. Quite hard to aim with.

Pure Adrenaline
A special injection, which allows the user to heal his wounds. It's capable of resupplying itself, so you will never run out.

XLAW93
Nothing is known about this weapon, at the moment. I've only seen a soldier, sticking it to a wall of the bunker. Could possibly be just mining tool in disguise.

F&CK LMG
A quite strong machine gun. The user needs to crouch to fire this weapon.

Download
http://mastadi.pozmu.net/WTF.rar
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:11:12 pm by Mastadi »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: WTF Soldat Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 04:29:25 pm »
Looks interesting actually. Kind of cel-shaded.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Mx7

• Soldier
  • by instincts...
    • google.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:31:32 pm »
nice
>:Đ

Offline .:Anubis:.

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 03:34:36 pm »
Good work

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:02:19 pm »
lol wtf
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Exodus

• Camper
  • :<
    • All join the soldat steam group :D (if you have steam)
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:22:24 am »
must

here

!
Thanks for standing still, wanker!

Offline Nixer

• Major(1)
  • Walk!
    • Eat-this community site
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 05:45:58 am »