Author Topic: BattleEye Violation  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Wichy

• Major(1)
BattleEye Violation
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:14:59 pm »
Well, sometimes i see people in pub servers, and myself get kicked for battleeye violation? why is that? i have been told its because of hacks? well i don't hack and i'm sure none of those other guys do, so i was just wondering about that. Also, when people get banned for possible cheat by the server? how is the server able to detect possible cheat? ...cuz i have been kicked for possible cheat every once in a great while..and i don't know why. Have any suggestions?

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Re: BattleEye Violation
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:36:22 pm »
Battle eye is quite feckty and sometimes it kicks when it falsely assumes you are cheating.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:39:14 am »
The most common BattlEye kick is the client not responding one. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're cheating, though, as it can occur through packet loss. That's probably the violation from BattlEye you get. If not, go search in the Help forum for your violation for help. Usually, BattlEye bans only last 5 minutes, so if you get kicked for a BE violation, just join another server for a couple of rounds.

The possible cheat kicks are from the Anti-Cheat built into the server. It sometimes falsely detects a cheat and kicks you for, say, pulling out a knife or shooting from a stationary gun.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline nub

• Major
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:36:17 am »
BattleEye also doesn't like Linux/Wine users =[
Можно зарезать, украсть и всё-таки быть счастливым...

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 11:36:16 am »
The most common BattlEye kick is the client not responding one. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're cheating, though, as it can occur through packet loss.

Normal packet loss will never cause this, only a complete network timeout for quite a while.

Anyway, the "Client not responding" kicks are due to a bug in the Soldat netcode which should be fixed in 1.5.0.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 03:09:15 am »
The most common BattlEye kick is the client not responding one. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're cheating, though, as it can occur through packet loss.

Normal packet loss will never cause this, only a complete network timeout for quite a while.

Anyway, the "Client not responding" kicks are due to a bug in the Soldat netcode which should be fixed in 1.5.0.
Gah... I was trying to remember the exact cause of the problem, because I knew you would be reading it and would comment if I got it wrong... >.<
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline someoneigna

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 12:35:04 pm »
I'm always being banned for battle eye violation even using the new beta . The speed of the connection is a factor of a  battle eye violation? I'm kicked in the same moment I join to the server.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 12:36:59 pm by someoneigna »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 03:04:43 am »
I'm always being banned for battle eye violation even using the new beta . The speed of the connection is a factor of a  battle eye violation? I'm kicked in the same moment I join to the server.

Usually, no. Check to see what violation it is, and we may be able to give some advice on how to fix the problem.

Make sure to quote the number if your violation has one.

Offline someoneigna

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 04:08:53 pm »
Is for Corrupted memory #2 but only happens in very far servers ( i'm in argentina )