Author Topic: "Server" Voted To Kick Me?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Uncle_FuXX0r

• Major(1)
"Server" Voted To Kick Me?
« on: July 27, 2008, 01:22:56 pm »
I was playing Soldat a few min. ago ... in a CTF server. Suddenly, I saw in the bottom-left corner the little box to vote. It was a vote kick, and it was against me ...

"Voter: Server"
"Reason: Server: possibly cheating"

I do NOT cheat whatsoever. The only problem I ever have is that I'm on DSL, so my ping isn't as good as most people I see, with 30-60ms ping. But it's usually around 100-160. I ask people if I'm lagging bad, they tell me no. Occasionally, however, my ping shoots up to around 250-300ms. In that case, I'll leave the server because I know people don't want a lagger. LoL.

What did that message mean? As soon as I saw it, I pressed "T" to "say" that I'm not cheating at all. It was weird. Right before I pressed ENTER to send the message my computer completely froze up. WTF?

Offline HOFFMANN

• Major(1)
Re: "Server" Voted To Kick Me?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:34:27 pm »
i'm still banned from bombskis multimode server for same reason....been banned about 2 weeks now :D

Offline Uncle_FuXX0r

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:41:04 pm »
LoL, it was weird. But whatever, it's no big deal. I've never seen that before though. But it never said banned ...  ???

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 03:50:10 pm »
It's Soldat anticheat protection, kinda useless since BE was added.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 04:08:57 pm »
Hmm, weird. I was on later in #Fracs CTF. I didn't get kicked, but my ping was wonky and then Soldat froze along with the rest of my computer. -_- Right before that, there was at least one person kicked by the server for possible cheating.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 04:31:57 pm »
Soldat's own cheat protection sucks balls. It happens a lot if you use knife.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:39:14 pm »
That's dumb. What a strange anit-cheat bug. I use a knife all the time. Do I have to be careful of using it now? :P

Hmm.. now come to think of it, Soldat did freeze on me - probably caused by that bug, just as I was about to get a godlike, spectacular and lottery odds like 5 in 1 kill with a knife... killing the enemy team right as I was about to perfectly steal their flag. Lol.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 04:49:19 pm »
You don't really need to be careful as most servers have Soldat's own cheat protection turned off as it's completely useless since BE. I'm note exactly sure what causes it to kick you but it has something to do with switching to knife and throwing it too fast or something like that.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 06:22:50 pm »
I think a knife bug where you crouched in a collider and threw knives which somehow duplicated themselves would get you voted. Also, on climb maps where the 2 flags are right next to each other and you'll cap immediately if you touch it, that can get you voted because you're capping incredibly fast.

Offline Uncle_FuXX0r

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 10:45:21 pm »
But the thing is, I didn't use the knife. I was using the Barrett as I usually do. I don't use the knife much, 'cause I'm trying to get better with the Barrett. My secondary is practically always the default (pistol).