Author Topic: tw_tali-ihantala  (Read 5492 times)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: tw_tali-ihantala
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 05:32:31 am »
@bob: TTW scene is 90% european, so yea at 4:15am u wont find many players :) european server is full a lot during the daytime, 6on6 ttw madness ftw. also i dont know why you keep talking about SC.. even though i was a member of it, i never attended the 'elites of tw' discussions where you would discuss ties etc for an hour without any result.

and peu: quick respawntime? i dont really know what you mean, its quite common to have a spawntime of 6-11 seconds. recklesness is good, a lot better than having a camp/snipe war. the same could indeed be done by a small tw map, but there arent too many of those, and having some changing battleground is good too (conquering a bunker moves the gameplay to another part of the map for some variation)

i guess the TW community not being on IRC is the biggest problem. gathers improve gameplay and 'teamspirit' too, as teams are randomised and generally more pro than publics. heres a link to the best topic on this entire forum:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=9030.0

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 06:40:01 am »
I haven't visited soldatforums for a long time, so it's nice to see that there still are some mPMkers around. A bit sketchy and not very original, but not bad.

Offline PhantomHunta

• Major(1)
  • If you fear Death you fear yourself.
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 10:14:57 am »
this map is just.. wow much kudos for making this man i love it! even if it isnt symetrical it gives a realistic feel.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 05:40:49 am »
Well non-symetrical maps are usually more realistic anyways ^o^

Player since late 2007

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 07:38:07 pm »
To me, TTW is all about spawnkilling. Also, while indeed it's a great idea with these various jobs for players to do, too often teams get a crappy noob as General [and he won't give up the position] and ends up being a game of throw-yourself-into-the-bullets that happens between the losing team's initial spawn and the nearest bunker. While TTW really does speed up the pace, so to speak, by promoting, as Peu said, more recklessness [since you don't have the death penalty of running back], in the process it also loses the spirit of TW [the death penalty run was what makes TW really different -- it forces you to try to survive as long as you can without the round-based-structure in R/S]. TW, for those lamers, is not about skill, really. TW is about knowledge of firing lines and overall tactics of how to use the weapons -- it's a place where more strategically-minded players [like myself] can get some time to try out various strategies that fast-paces matches that revolve around pure skill and reaction time [like normal or even R/S CtF] can't offer. Understandably a lot of people hate just that because it's easier not to think, and besides, most people play Soldat to unwind and just not think.

Campwars are exciting I think. A lot of history's most epic matches were campwars. Think about Zaitsev. People don't like to use their heads anymore :(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:44:13 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 06:08:04 am »
first of all theres /votetask ID which lets a team demote a person
then theres of course the TTW gather, where you (barely) have any newbs

TTW indeed includes some spawnkilling, because most maps dont have big bunkers. fortunately people are now making TTW maps which have quite some bigger bunkers (and more of them). this basicly means it will be easier to conquer.

anyway to each his own.. but for me TTW is like TW was supposed to be. its closer to reality, because you really have to fight for a small piece of the map, instead of a 3on3 TW match where you can find an enemy anywhere in the map because there isnt (often) a clear frontline

also i dont agree that TW requires more thinking than TTW.. you have to watch out which of the enemies is the general, watch out for the paratrooper that can spawn above your bunker, think about what to do when there is a breach, etc.

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 07:30:16 am »
Dont destroy my topic ;DD Anyways now I want to make more maps should I make climb, R/S, inf or normal ctf map? :O Its long time since i have made inf maps and I'm thinking now to remake one great inf map I made over 4 years ago. It was one of my first maps and it had good gameplay.

edit; or what about normandish ttw map?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:33:09 am by Maek| »
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 07:38:08 am »
Dont destroy my topic ;DD Anyways now I want to make more maps should I make climb, R/S, inf or normal ctf map? :O Its long time since i have made inf maps and I'm thinking now to remake one great inf map I made over 4 years ago. It was one of my first maps and it had good gameplay.

edit; or what about normandish ttw map?
CLIMB.
We really lack new awesome maps last days.

Geekier than you!

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 07:43:49 am »
Okay, my next map will be climb ; ) My climb maps I made few months ago weren't that good at all, but lets see what I can do.. To make somehing awesome I have to invent some new jumps ; D
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 08:17:06 am »
CLimb is fail, there's like 50 million of them, you're better off making a good ctf map or a CS map or something that lacks a lot of maps...
Lol, internets.

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 08:48:33 am »
I can always make many maps and making a climb map doesnt take much time.
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 10:13:58 am »
CLimb is fail, there's like 50 million of them, you're better off making a good ctf map or a CS map or something that lacks a lot of maps...
Climbing doesn't fail, you fail at climbing, lowskill.
Most of the climbmaps is some crap made by poles to raise their stats rank.

Geekier than you!

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 07:35:59 am »
I'm having 2 cs style R/S maps in my mind, and I'm working on the ctf_cs_downtown right now. After finishing that I make that another R/S map. So, the climb map will not be soon made unless I change my mind. I'm not having too much free time right now, because im often not in home and I dont have laptop.. And spending time with my girlfriend takes some time too :D
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 09:33:41 am »
At fecking last tw map about finland!
And it looks really nice too ;D

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 08:09:51 am »
Hah i keep changing my mind... :D but anyways I make the other R/S map before the downtown.
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline CanadianCheese

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 08:47:24 am »
I haven't visited soldatforums for a long time, so it's nice to see that there still are some mPMkers around. A bit sketchy and not very original, but not bad.

Make a map!

eC needs to update it's map list, but for some reason he won't, It has some really crappy maps on it like windmill witch sucks shinyfoo and just gets voted usually.

But me and bob are adding any new TW maps that seem to be decent to the map list. We don't have every map in rotation, but there's a lot on there.

**Edits**

Okay I added your map to the DO Trenchwar sever rotation. Some comments about it from me and the people who played with me.
1) Needs some pollys to be fixed some bouncy ones.
2) Needs a little bit of jets, not much, some of the stuff can be a pain to get over.
3) IT BIG!, Big maps are alright, if you have a lot of people. But not so good if theres only a couple people playing. So if you make another map make it smaller.
4) that bunker you got a screen shot of, it's hard to get up there, the top Polly bounces you down.

But other then that, I like all the hiding spots/grass, makes it more tactical, witch is nice for a change.
Not a bad map.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:25:32 am by CanadianCheese »

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 12:08:20 pm »
Thanks CanadianCheese. : )
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline Se!kA

• Soldier
  • Leet'n'Sweet
    • Se!kA.rox.pl
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 06:04:33 pm »
Very similar to langrange which is my favourite one.

Tree's n stuff are good, but i don't think that it's going to be playable because of a lot of camping places.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 06:38:54 pm »
Okay, apologies, I did not notice this earlier, but I just have to reply.
TTW has improved, I'll admit, but it is simply not accurately balanced yet. The quick respawn and ability distribution are simply not yet refined to balance out the exploitation of clever people. More so, the balance is like a tub of water: tip it to one side and the rest follows and collapses. it's nice to not have to run all the way from base all the time, but this seems to promote even more recklessness. Much of the same effect could be achieved through a good, small map.

Not accurately balanced? Howso, exactly? You are being very vague here. Using clever tactics to be able to outdo your enemy is exactly the point of ttw, rather than having the whole game just revolve around good shooting accuracy. In the gather and on most publics we see several reconquers within a match, even when the last bunker had been taking, which strongly suggests otherwise. As for the newbies taking important tasks, we solved that problem by giving people simple infantry tasks on joining.

No combination is guaranteed a sure win and the enemy adapts once they realize what you are doing. It's not so much like a tub of water as you might think. Judging from your remark, my guess is that you were in a poor team with little communication and didn't give it a very good chance in the first place. We see this a lot. Luckily we also have quite an influx of people who are willing to take the time to learn to play the game and actually have a lot of fun doing it.

--
As for the map, it looks very interesting. Nice use of sceneries. Lots of places to hide.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 06:41:07 pm by sai`ke »
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2008, 06:20:47 pm »
looks really nice. it isnt really 'tactically' symmetrical though.
also the fields look a bit weird, too 2D (unlike the rest of the map) the left field is somewhat better because of the rock.
then theres that mudpool/swamp.. why doesnt it hurt? ^^
also there were some polybugs in the map, but thats quite normal if u have those tanks and quite steep trenches
the trenches were also pretty small compared to other maps.. and compared to real-life trenches too (ure supposed to stand in it without being seen)

this map wont go on the ttw servers, because it doesnt really have any big bunkers/buildings :( a shame.
Why not BombSki`? i think its pretty, a coldmorning style, but with more bunkers, which is imo good. I think we should add it or atleast test it and see how it goes.