Author Topic: ctf_tovetere  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
ctf_tovetere
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:39:10 am »
Tovetere

By Blue-ninja

mar77a's map concept idea (ctf_roundabout2)) and a layout with more curves than the pacific ocean roads and Pamela Anderson.

(^Click To Enlarge^)

Download / Rate on TMS

This Map Is Hosted By The Mapping Showcase

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: ctf_tovetere
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 03:43:45 am »
See, no, you completely missed the point. Mar77a's had no height advantages whatsoever, it was a brilliant design. This... is not.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 04:01:32 am »
The texture looks a bit too reptive, I've seen your make better maps than that. Still good map though. ;)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 04:28:11 am »
See, no, you completely missed the point. Mar77a's had no height advantages whatsoever, it was a brilliant design. This... is not.

Should it not have a height disadvantage? I suck at waypointing, so I can't really test this map true enough, except for polybugs. The grenade spawns in the farthest place possible from Alpha team, and the health pack isn't near the flag. And both team spawns are on either side of the flag.

You may be right for sure, I don't know. The height advantage may exist, and it may exist on a small scale...

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 05:41:54 am »
In mar77a's map the height advantage was lessened by several factors. I like this, but the height advantage is... a little too much (judging from the overview, not d'ling). There are two tiny holes that bravo MUST fly through to get to alpha half. Think about the spraying/m79ing/nading in those...

Thats all I'll say about gameplay. Visuals are OK, not your best. For christ's sake stretch your textures. Especially ones like this one. You went a little low on the scenery, which is OK, and your shading is pretty dull.

Overall I don't like it all that much, but I like the number of maps coming out lately with interesting layouts.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 02:48:19 pm »
The top-right and top-left areas seem to serve no purpose except to be there, and to hide in, which is equally useless. If you took those detours, you'd end up in the same place you entered (at least for the left lil' curve)...

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:10:52 pm »
do I smell vertical? nice default atm
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade