Server Talk > Server Discussion

How to calculate server bandwidth usage

<< < (2/6) > >>

DeMo:
Very good. I'm thinking about setting up a dedicated server and I was gonna ask for this kind of information.

A question for Flies: did you base it on real numbers collected from U13 servers statistics or you just chose a random number (like that 125 that multiplies N + N^2)?

Oh.. and that bandwith usage is assuming that your server will have 10 players, 24 hours a day, during 31 days! :P

FliesLikeABrick:
... how does it assume you have 10 players?  the N is for the number of players.

Yes it assumes 24 hours/day and 31 days, because you obviously want to calculate the maximum bandwidth usage.

the equation is based on the nature of how multiplayer games work.  the 125N is every player sending 125B/s to the server.  The N^2 is everyone else's information being sent to everyone else

DeMo:
I understood the N Flies.. I wanna know how or why you chose (or assumed) every player sends 125B/s to the server. :)

EnEsCe:
The average bytes per second is 125, if you press F3 while playing you will see up in the right corner it says that ;)

Spasm:
My head hurts from just reading that... Very interesting script.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version