Author Topic: Experimental M79 in 1.5 beta  (Read 11988 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Experimental M79 in 1.5 beta
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 11:06:39 am »
If rushing is a main problem to the beta crew why has bullet push been reduced? M79 rushing is the focus of this thread due to how easy it is for new players and how much it gains from speed.
because you gave all the weapons pissloads of movementacc and made their damage suck.

I didn't have anything to do with the weapon changes and as far as I know no change thus far is final for 1.5. If you're talking about 1.4.2 I have no problem mowing down people in a second.
you=plural=the beta testers
they got progressively weaker since 1.2.1
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 11:10:13 am »
1.2.1 wasn't that fun in my opinion, and with the public beta it seems you have as much say as I do with the weapon balance.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 11:16:17 am »
You do have the "say", but it's who implements it that counts.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 01:16:35 pm »
If rushing is a main problem to the beta crew why has bullet push been reduced? M79 rushing is the focus of this thread due to how easy it is for new players and how much it gains from speed.
because you gave all the weapons pissloads of movementacc and made their damage suck.

I didn't have anything to do with the weapon changes and as far as I know no change thus far is final for 1.5. If you're talking about 1.4.2 I have no problem mowing down people in a second.
you=plural=the beta testers
they got progressively weaker since 1.2.1

That is kinda of a lie. The weapons did get weaker from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1, then the most influential balancers, BugsRevenge and Demonic, was replaced by yours truly. From that version on, the weapons have become progressively stronger.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 02:35:17 pm »
I still don't see why instead of this you give it a startup time would be an option. Startup=/=rushing.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:29 pm »
because we would hate to see the same 1 hitter twice.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:16:44 pm by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2008, 08:10:29 am »
I still don't see why instead of this you give it a startup time would be an option. Startup=/=rushing.
because instead of:
*bang*
WTF JUST HAPPENED?
it would be:
oh shi im gonna die
*BANG*
donkey nuts
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mx7

• Soldier
  • by instincts...
    • google.com
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 08:22:22 am »
80% of the players (especially on realistic mode)  are playing with other weapon than m79 . That  weapon is too easy to use and it kills a bunch of players in 20 10 seconds (or less) ... -As a realistic player, i think that m79 is a very easy weapon to use (that makes it so fucking boring or annoying) and too comfortable to play with . I mean ... the other players use autos , ruger , other cool things , fight with tactics and syncronization , some like me try with knife , others law each other.... then .. boom . 1 m79 comes in scene , shots a bullet , kills us all , and ruins all the fun.  [retard]
>:Đ

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2008, 06:55:51 am »
because instead of:
*bang*
WTF JUST HAPPENED?
it would be:
oh shi im gonna die
*BANG*
donkey nuts

*erherm*

because we would hate to see the same 1 hitter twice.

Not just the Barrett ; the LAW included.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 01:13:20 pm »
so painful! it really is messed up, as you can fly faster than your own bullet. but please 8th account can you give me the physic "rules" for soldat? I'd be happy to have it and do calculations.

anyhow, I just made a demo to show that you can fly faster than your bullet.

the 2nd demo is better....
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:15:10 pm by -Major- »

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 04:52:42 pm »
Didnt MM say he wanted to keep m79 boosting back a while?

Also the m79 is a popular weapon because it causes EXPLOSIONS.
And believe me, everyone loves EXPLOSIONS. And the m79 provides the people that.

So whether you nerf it or not, its the same. People will keep using because its just satisfying.

Offline MuffinDude

• Major(1)
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 10:45:30 pm »
I never really going against the m79 no matter what it was like.  Barret user and if I miss, I usually die due to the huge blast radius.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 10:53:31 am »
I never really going against the m79 no matter what it was like.  Barret user and if I miss, I usually die due to the huge blast radius.
"huge blast radius"? m79's splash isn't really deadly... its dealing damage, but it won't kill you unless you're on low hps.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2008, 01:01:36 pm »
Removing the player speed from m79 will only make it easier since the shot would always go the same. Yes that's how it used to be and yes it was easier back then.
o/

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2008, 01:13:30 pm »
Actually it'd make it harder since the the relative range that the shell travels from the player will by dynamic. Assume for a second that a player could move at the speed of light. In 1.4.2 his shell would travel at [speed of light] + 107, and hitting his target would be no different than if the player moved at a speed of 20 speed units in any direction or stood still. With this tweak one would have to aim differently depending on the speed.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2008, 05:14:42 pm »
Is this in the 1.5c patch, and if not, will the new executable work in 1.5c?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2008, 02:34:15 am »
In your first post you claim that the m79 has the biggest gain from the players speed and yet the bullet always lands the same distance from you no matter where and how fast you move? Umm...no. With the speed of the bullet you offcourse change the distance it goes. (You already have to aim differently defending on the speed)

At first I thought you want to remove the players speed from the equasion all together, which is how it used to be and it was really easy. Which by your rather silly response I gather that's not the case. (You already have to aim differently defending on the speed). Standing still or going really fast and shooting does affect the distance, arc and speed. Faster you go, less arc, more speed and distance.
But yes I just reread it and I think you're trying to substract the player speed from the bullet speed? You go back and it goes further? Errr...makes no sense to me.

I'm truly puzzled.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:42:10 am by Outcast »
o/

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2008, 04:10:48 am »
Play 1.1.5 or extract the Project.exe and you'll see what I mean.