Author Topic: You may know me  (Read 6318 times)

Offline MY_FIREMAN_IS_HUGE

• Soldier
  • Fags.
Re: You may know me
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 02:19:11 pm »
People are dumbasses in most of the !Elite servers. Just Ignore them. (or /mute)
In Russia, Car drive you.  [AUG] + [DE]

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 02:30:20 pm »
Hm, people know you? Really? Real Soldat is on IRC, not publics because the respected players are on Quakenet.
If you read his statement, he says REAL Soldat is on IRC(gathers). Real soldat is soldat itself, whether you play competively or on your leisure time. He totally disregards a BIG portion of the whole community.  Him saying real soldat is on IRC definitely implies that the publics is worth very little to nothing. If what he meant is what you said, then that was a douchebag way to say it. Plus, there are respected players who DON'T use IRC.

umm, I think by "REAL" he meant Soldat with Realistic mode enabled. Those are what most, if not all, Leo's servers are.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 02:45:01 pm »
No he didn't. Shadow G-unit plays normal. He's just a prick, and that's how he talks.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 04:01:29 pm »
I'm kind of a big deal around in this streetcorner. People know me.

Anyway today while playing with my boyfriends, I was voted out because people thought I was turkey slapping. I'm not sure if this is was my fault or not but I remember being piledrived in the ass and then blowing jizz like I would had I been assrammed by a giant latex fist. Then right after that, anytime I used my vibrator, I finished extremely fast. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

Also I hate people that will actually forgo their dildo just so they can fecking fist me. Man up and fill me full of lubed up plastic or  leave. Don't resort to that kind of slaggotry.

hahaha
this is win!
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 08:51:13 pm »
the guy who started this thread is all disappointed because he thought everyone would be here to worship him, but no one gives a crap... but watch out guys! HE'S A BIG DEAL AROUND THIS GAME. PEOPLE KNOW HIM.

Offline Rasputins Revenge

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 09:04:46 pm »
the guy who started this thread is all disappointed because he thought everyone would be here to worship him, but no one gives a crap... but watch out guys! HE'S A BIG DEAL AROUND THIS GAME. PEOPLE KNOW HIM.

No I didn't. You missed the obvious sarcasm.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 10:10:33 pm »
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 10:35:48 pm »
No he didn't. Shadow G-unit plays normal. He's just a prick, and that's how he talks.
You retards don't know what I am talking about, so I'll explain it in English for you. What I was saying that the people you would like to get respect from is the good (competitive) players on IRC, not some random in publics. And no I am not disregarding publics Jerich, I'm not stupid like Chariot here who tries to be like a Captain Ben Jr. Considering he posted here where members are from around the world, I take it as a pretty cocky move because he sounds like we should know him and bow down, hence with the "You may know me" title for the thread.

@jerich: No I don't disregard publics and I think you can answer why yourself. I didn't make sound like a douchebaggy, but I guess some people take it differently. Meh, most respected players are on IRC though.

Date Posted: August 06, 2008, 10:32:17 pm
I'm kind of a big deal around in this game. People know me.
Hm, people know you? Really? Real Soldat is on IRC, not publics because the respected players are on Quakenet.
Really ? So according to your statement we should all shut down our public servers and play gathers only ? What an excellent idea, maybe we should do it and see how long this game will live without public servers.  ::)
I think he meant the more valued and dedicated community thrives on IRC rather than publics. He didn't necessarily mean that publics were worthless.
Well that was a more modest way to say it. Thanks :)

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 10:45:44 pm »
It was a joke, jesus. I didn't mean for people to take it literally. I only play on one public server with pretty much the same people so I really didn't expect anybody here to know me.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 10:47:00 pm »
What is so fun playing a game where everyone uses ret? Feels like you are playing a turn based game...

Player one: My move, I'll fire my ret and kill this guy... Cooldown...
Player two: Noooo.... I'll respawn
Player three: I'll fire my ret and kill that guy...cooldown...
player one: Noooo.... I'll be at spawn if someone needs me...
repeat...
Always remember the succubus...

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:20 pm »
What is so fun playing a game where everyone uses ret? Feels like you are playing a turn based game...

repeat...
I dunno, I just like it.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 01:00:59 am »

repeat...

Dodging ret's is actually fun, you can can into small little sniper skirmishes where it's a clusterfeck of backflips and prone jetting to have your next shot on the guy. Pretty intense stuff once in a while.

What I was saying that the people you would like to get respect from is the good (competitive) players on IRC, not some random in publics.

What suddenly pub regulars are both not good, and their respect isn't worth a damn? The only point ot IRC I can see if playing with much higher skill levelled people.

Under no circumstances should you advertise IRC to new players. I went in, and I am a decent player. No one wanted to be on my team, no one wanted to play with me, people bitched at me the ENTIRE time. I wasn't at their skill level so I got excluded consistently. People on IRC are pretty elitist if they consistently treat people like this.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 01:04:34 am by The Philanthropist »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 01:12:06 am »
Under no circumstances should you advertise IRC to new players. I went in, and I am a decent player. No one wanted to be on my team, no one wanted to play with me, people twated at me the ENTIRE time. I wasn't at their skill level so I got excluded consistently. People on IRC are pretty elitist if they consistently treat people like this.
Did one of their names happen to be... Kridical? or possibly Mosque?
(NA I assume?)
If so, /mute.

Seriously as long as you aren't a douche back (and its obvious it isn't your first game ever) you'll be treated fine

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 01:14:21 am »
Yeah it was NA. I can't remember their names, I only played IRC for about 10 games.

After that If I added myself to a game, everyone else would delete from it, /mute wouldn't have helped :\ I barely said anything during the games.

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 01:20:05 am »
People are dumbasses in most of the !Elite servers. Just Ignore them. (or /mute)
YEP

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2008, 07:29:45 am »
OOOOh.... You were the one that couldn't do shit in that server. I remember you well. And I highly doubt people know you, I've never seen you playing in Gather.....
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2008, 12:06:03 pm »
What I was saying that the people you would like to get respect from is the good (competitive) players on IRC, not some random in publics.

What suddenly pub regulars are both not good, and their respect isn't worth a damn? The only point ot IRC I can see if playing with much higher skill levelled people.

That's exactly what I thought the first time I read what he wrote.

Under no circumstances should you advertise IRC to new players. I went in, and I am a decent player. No one wanted to be on my team, no one wanted to play with me, people twated at me the ENTIRE time. I wasn't at their skill level so I got excluded consistently. People on IRC are pretty elitist if they consistently treat people like this.

That's what you have to deal with on IRC gathers. Why should you respect or want respect
from someone who thinks they are of more importance just because they sit in this channel longer than you? They feel like they have the right to push the newer players around. It didn't exactly happen to me but I saw it constantly happening when I used to gather. Who wants to sit there and get bashed at just because they aren't as skilled? To me respect has nothing to do with one's skill, but I respect people who are friendly and actually contributes to the community positively. Obviously, this doesn't go out to the gather community as a whole, but the few morons within that make it such a terrible experience for the upcoming players.

Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2008, 01:23:28 pm »
There are jackasses everywhere.  Obviously there will be some on IRC too.  Don't be so quick to assume that the same will hold true for everyone else you meet in gathers.  People tend to take gathers more seriously then they do public servers, which is why a select few will be so quick to anger if they find themselves with a less then superb team.  As long as you try and have a good attitude towards everyone, you'll find yourself welcome in gathers.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2008, 02:09:35 pm »
I'm kind of a big deal around in this game. People know me.

and you're modest with it

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2008, 02:22:54 pm »
Try to get in with a pretty experienced player, or at least respected. That is how I started gathering and people seemed to leave me alone cause I knew a few people. I started gathering in 1.3.1, but I was playing INF since 1.1.5 and I knew a few people. Philie (my new nickname for you) if you ever want to try gathering again I'll try to keep the dogs off of you.