Author Topic: law tips  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Opa!

• Major(1)
law tips
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:33:06 pm »
i think i'm ok with barret
but now i need 2 learn the best second weapon, in my opiniom, as a tm/s player

i'm fully thanks about the barret tips, i'm ok with it now
but now i need law, to i be a full tm player D:

ty

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: law tips
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:07:29 pm »
If you are using the LAW, and you know you are going to, stick to the ground. Don't jet around everywhere. Basically, learn the arc and the startup time, it is a lot like the barret in many ways. It just arcs a little more.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline BlisterEye

• Major(1)
  • Better than you.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:09:48 pm »
Knife > *.
Kalashnikov + Knife.

Offline Opa!

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 07:40:49 pm »
@ blister:
why dont you go play with some bots and stop flooding here noob?
i asked for tips, not for floods like you

i'll report you, cya

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:07:00 am »
The LAW is a fairly easy weapon. Use it a few times and you'll get the hang of it. It's a damn fun weapon to use in TWs.

OBEY!!!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 06:03:35 am »
I'll assume you know how to shoot the LAW by crouching/proning ON THE GROUND and hold down to shoot.

I'm not a LAW-user, but some tips:

1. Learn its missile curve
2. Try not to always fly in the air or fly too high. You may need to get down on the ground to shoot it.
3. Know that sometimes, the startup time before the LAW fires may be bugged.
4. You CAN shoot while crouched and moving at the same time, but it's gonna change the startup time and makes aiming harder. Strongly NOT recommended.

Once you've mastered the above, you can learn the following advanced techniques (which is gonna be VERY tough):

1. Ricochet the LAW missiles (this is VERY useful, and it works if you aim the missile correctly, your missile will bounce off the floor and go in another direction)

2. Artillery shots, like a M79. Basically, you aim up and shoot, and with good timing, you can get the missile to land on the enemy at a long distance away, or even hit the enemy when he jumps into the way of the missile a few seconds later.

^ These two techniques make you very unpredictable, because the LAW is usually fired straight into opponents, but mastering this technique allows you to indirectly hit an enemy.

Offline Ralphy

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 08:34:21 pm »
Constantly use it as a secondary and learn the curve

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 08:36:11 pm »
alot of people actually kinda liked the movie and said it somewhat helped them, hopefully the same may apply to you and others.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=25044.0
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline BlisterEye

• Major(1)
  • Better than you.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:04:54 pm »
Dear Opa,
I believe you got your answer from LtKillroy; please stop whining. And the knife, when wielded by the appropriate hands (aka mine), will urinate and defecate all over your LAW any day.
Go on, report me. I couldn't give a rat's ass.
Kalashnikov + Knife.

Offline Lumen-Shroom

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 09:21:22 pm »
While I don't share the hatred of BlisterEye, your response was ridiculous for him having simply stated his opinion.

And if it counts, I agree. Knife > law.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 12:07:17 am »
Well Opa! has decided he wants to get good with the law.
It has it's pro's and cons, but as he is a barrett user, he might like fighting from a distance. The knife has a short range, and the law is much better for long range.

Anyway, tips:

Learn to track the person, i.e. move your cursor as he moves, while the law is using the start-up time.
Learn the curve, it is relatively easy to master.
Don't try to shoot when you are on a bouncy/bugged poly, it will keep resetting your startup time and feck you over.
I wouldn't recommend that you try to learn how to ricochet, it is extremely difficult, except for some maps in certain locations, so maybe asking/figuring out where thos spots are will be your best option
Before you try to learn to ricochet though, learn to mortar (firing up) it is very useful, especially in TW, I don't know what tm/s is, but I assume it is similar to TW.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs