Author Topic: ctf_Corphorial  (Read 885 times)

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
ctf_Corphorial
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:28:03 am »
ctf_Corphorial

By ElSpec774

Small CTF map with a similar gameplay and visual style to ctf_Smuggle. Sort-of high polygon count (470 or so), but it shouldn't lag to a noticeable level. ctf_Lanuyba contains 20 less. Best for 4 players in total, although 1vs.1 and 3vs.3 can work, but 2vs.2 works best.

(^Click To Enlarge^)

Download / Rate on TMS

This Map Is Hosted By jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Re: ctf_Corphorial
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 01:07:17 am »
The visuals are o.k., but im not much of a fan of desrt-style maps. The shading also looks quite basic and maybe a tad too bright.

I'm not gonna comment on the gameplay, because I havent tested it (soldat is on another computer).

I'd give you a 2 star rating for visuals, and will test gameplay soon.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 02:47:37 am »
The way I'd play it: the bottom route looks relatively smooth, and when it reaches the middle, would favor the middle-upper passage because I'd take a take flip-jump upwards. That depends on how much jet there is, and how big the map is (although I can judge a tad on size from the size of the colliders in the overview).

My observations from simply viewing this map. Looks relatively simple. Since the upper route looks more tedious than the lower one, it would probably be less used. Not so bad spray-wise. Ought to add a tad bit of scenery, although I wouldn't favor a lot. Maybe some chunklets of rickety fence, or maybe a few desert-like shrubs just as a touch-up.

Edit:

Ok, commenting on this map failed without actually playing it. Bottom route isn't as smooth as I first viewed, but it doesn't bother me. The boulder closest to the middle pillar up top bothers me. Maybe I'll post a pic of what I mean... Unless you are careful, attempting to jump from the uppermost floating boulder to the top route section in the middle pillar is a pain.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:02:26 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 03:05:05 am »
I figured that would've been a problem, but it isn't THAT hard to jet there.  Like you said, need to be extra careful. 

I'm also going to state that I feel this map is extremely small.  1vs.1 actually works best.  Not really a desert theme, more like a "nothing".

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 03:09:17 am »
I figured that would've been a problem, but it isn't THAT hard to jet there.  Like you said, need to be extra careful. 

Since you seem to know what I am talking about, I won't bother to up a pic.

Not really a desert theme, more like a "nothing".

Nicely put, lol..