Author Topic: Extraction Point Map-Final  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Extraction Point Map
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 03:57:40 am »
I am not going to give up.

I am starting to run out of ideas for what to do with each room in the office building, and how I can integrate multiplayer into each room...

Suffice it to say, I'll finish off the office building with a couple bigger rooms, and a few more offices. Would allow for a bit more variety than a bunch of offices and hallways can provide. And no, I don't have any better of a texture to replace the current texture, so the current texture stays..

Edit:

The office building alone would offer an interesting DM map...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:08:02 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 04:11:41 am »
Woah! Amazing, this looks rly cool. And if you don't know what other rooms you could do, you could make some kind of cafe for office staff xD you know what i mean, something more interesting than only plain office rooms. Could you also make a full picture of the full overview of the map?

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 04:21:18 am »
Sure, I'll edit this post with a new screenshot probably tomorrow... I will finish a bit more of the building first before the screenshot. I have a tad more to do to the lobby area, and the area outside the lobby.

I might make a cafe, but I don't have that type of scenery and couldn't think of any conservative way to manipulate current scenery to do thus... the thought has crossed my mind. Unless someone can make 2 food stands and some cafe-like tables (which would be useful to more than just me), I won't make any attempts with it..

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 05:12:43 am »
Sure, I'll edit this post with a new screenshot probably tomorrow... I will finish a bit more of the building first before the screenshot. I have a tad more to do to the lobby area, and the area outside the lobby.

I might make a cafe, but I don't have that type of scenery and couldn't think of any conservative way to manipulate current scenery to do thus... the thought has crossed my mind. Unless someone can make 2 food stands and some cafe-like tables (which would be useful to more than just me), I won't make any attempts with it..

Photoshop here i come ;]
Ill see what i can do and post it here.

EDIT: I failed :( No cafe then
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:31:26 am by Norbo »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 06:17:23 am »
Was hard to find a good food stand(I don't think the one i found is exactly what you wanted tho). But i tried along with a few other things.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:18:56 am by blackdevil0742 »

OBEY!!!

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 12:09:50 pm »
Was hard to find a good food stand(I don't think the one i found is exactly what you wanted tho). But i tried along with a few other things.
nice :)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Extraction Point Final
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 12:29:12 am »
Thank yer. This stuff works awesomely dandy :-*

Date Posted: August 18, 2008, 12:10:09 pm

Finally, after many grueling hours, I have come to the end. This is the final look at this map. I'll release it soon in the CTF/INF section after I have worked out the polybugs. I'll also have the map specifications up here soon too.

I can say one thing right now; it has the maximum scenery load: 500. If it lags like a sex machine, I can turn most of the rooms in the office building into one scenery, which would decrease the amount greatly.

Phew... this took a lot of dedication. I almost feel silly for putting so much work into one Soldat map ::)

Downloads have not been updated...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:32:08 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
Re: Extraction Point Map-Final
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 12:37:59 am »
Nice job on that big office building, I would really like to see this on popular servers ;)

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 03:43:02 am »
wow, just wow!
You're an angel Blacksheepboy.
Thanks to this map Norbo can continue scripting on the gamemode  :-* :-* :-*

OBEY!!!

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 03:56:12 am »
Wooho!
It rocks :)
Realese the map so i can continue on the script

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 08:09:06 am »
Looks really nice the right side is awesome

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 03:27:27 pm »
wow, just wow!
You're an angel Blacksheepboy.

Far from it. Thanks for the positive feedback.

I'll whip up a releasable version today. There aren't any waypoints as I have just finished the layout and scenery. I have a feeling that I'll be the one waypointing this... but if anyone else could do it, I would be the one calling 'em an angel ;)

By the way, blackdevil, shall you be placing the Bravo spawns? I have all the grenade kits and Alpha taken care of already.

Edit:

Well, just took care of the spawns... You can review them if you'd like when I release it ;)

Edit2:

K, just finished packing the map. I did a bit of compacting with the scenery. Turned the library, cafe, and one hallway into one scenery. Lessed the lag a decent amount.

Downloads have been updated in the first post. Won't release it at the CTF/INF section but it isn't really done until the whole mod is finished. Enjoy. Hope my spawns work out fine.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 04:58:38 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 03:42:38 pm »
I guess I can make the waypoints and spawns. I'll need some info from Norbo how the zombie spawns will work first though so I can adapt them after his scripting. If he can dissable spawns after the survivors pass them then It'll be good or an other way he thinks will be good.

BTW I don't plan to give any grenades for this map. But I guess my modes map is going to be a little different from the one you'll release for others.

EDIT:  :-*
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:47:20 pm by blackdevil0742 »

OBEY!!!

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 03:49:26 pm »
I guess I can make the waypoints and spawns. I'll need some info from Norbo how the zombie spawns will work first though so I can adapt them after his scripting. If he can dissable spawns after the survivors pass them then It'll be good or an other way he thinks will be good.

BTW I don't plan to give any grenades for this map. But I guess my modes map is going to be a little different from the one you'll release for others.

EDIT:  :-*
Can we talk on irc? it will be more comfortable...

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 03:56:32 pm »
When are you going to release it Blacksheepboy? Or are you just teasing us right now ;)

Sent you a pm,Norbo.

OBEY!!!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 05:01:02 pm »
Why no grenades :(. It's your mod, I'm just curious. Btw, check my last post on this page. I updated it.

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 05:23:58 pm »
so i checked the map in polyworks
it rocks :) and the spawn points are placed perfectly and are really balanced!
finally i can continue :)

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 05:31:43 pm »
I hate nade spamming and it would ruin the fun I believe when everyone would just throw nades all over the place. But one of the classes might have them(?).

Gonna check this map now ;)

EDIT: The map is awesome.
Now I just need manage to get on irc with Norbo do talk about the rest of the stuff.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:45:32 pm by blackdevil0742 »

OBEY!!!

Offline AussieJay

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 01:47:39 am »
After looking over your sig blacksheep, this map stood out. Since inf_Foundation was great, this map should be good. So far, from the overview, it looks so.

I'll download it straight away!
Proudly Australian :)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 01:50:07 pm »
Well, it's more of an aesthetic 'workout' than meant for good gameplay.  Vig was right with the texture.  It looks nice from the overview, but ingame towards the cabin, it doesn't suit well.  Btw, it is not waypointed.

I could take it and make it an interesting 'office building' INF map by removing the the right section to it, but that will happen at another time.  Or, it could even be refitted for an office building DM map.

Thanks for your optimism though :)

Edit:

Er, yes. That was rather a sort of 'necro' post, but thanks all the same.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:02:59 pm by Blacksheepboy »