Author Topic: shift = Run faster (BF2,crysis,farcry,TC elite....)  (Read 6975 times)

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
shift = Run faster (BF2,crysis,farcry,TC elite....)
« on: August 24, 2008, 03:04:41 am »
simple:

shift = run faster ( more speed, more bink and MovementAcc)

it's good to improve gameplay.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:08:35 am by wolfbr »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Re: shift = Run faster (BF2,crysis,farcry,TC elite....)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:06:48 am »
No it isn't.
If this were implemented I would use it all the time, bink doesn't matter very much if you can get right up to your enemy with a spas-12.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 03:11:01 am »
Was suggested before...
F11.

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 03:18:29 am »
in positive bink,  the player is reached, the sight worsens.

when the player is running, it takes a while for braking.
run brings advantages and disadvantages.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 03:31:18 am »
................ duh..............
but I say this suggestion is going to kill the current style of gameplay - simplicity
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:35:46 am by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 03:33:46 am »
But as chutem said positive or negative bink doesn't matter when your spas is less than an inch from the person you want to shoot...so F11, it will just make more m79 suicides and spas rushing..

Also in BF2 and all those other games you listed the main issue is that the the maps you play on are bigger than maps in soldat are... You don't need to be able to run faster to get to the flag and back because it still is a short amount of time.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:36:37 am by amb2010 »
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline Norbo

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:06:38 am »
Useless.
F11

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 08:07:33 am »
Leave these big multiplayer gameplay ideas out of Soldat. Soldat has it's own style, so if you don't like it, go play something else.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 08:43:10 am »
I don't get why we would need to run faster when eveyrone bunny hops.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 09:53:16 am »
Go prone and jet while in air...
Text goes here...

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 10:34:29 am »
Go prone and jet while in air...
Or do bunny hop...

Offline MY_FIREMAN_IS_HUGE

• Soldier
  • Fags.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 11:38:03 am »
no F11
In Russia, Car drive you.  [AUG] + [DE]

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 12:30:31 pm »
This is why the community is dying.
The world weeps.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 02:25:22 pm »
Leave these big multiplayer gameplay ideas out of Soldat. Soldat has it's own style, so if you don't like it, go play something else.

Why is it every time anyone suggests something, there's always at least one person convinced it'll ruin the very idea of Soldat and it's simplicity? Soldat has had big changes before. People have bltched over every single one of them, but I doubt those people would want to go back to the original.

MINOR CHANGES LIKE THIS WILL NOT RUIN GAMEPLAY.

"SIMPLICITY" IS NOT A FRAGILE IDEA ON THE BRINK OF DESTRUCTION.

IF YOU OPPOSE AN IDEA GIVE A LEGITIMATE REASON, NOT THIS BULLSH!T COP OUT.

Thanks, and fuck you and everyone who has ever said this without a supporting reason.

Personally, I think this would work out with the COD4 system of not being able to shoot while sprinting. Possibly borrowing the stamina recharge time as well.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 02:29:53 pm »

Why is it every time anyone suggests something, there's always at least one person convinced it'll ruin the very idea of Soldat and it's simplicity? Soldat has had big changes before. People have bltched over every single one of them, but I doubt those people would want to go back to the original.

Thanks, and feck you and everyone who has ever said this without a supporting reason.

Personally, I think this would work out with the COD4 system of not being able to shoot while sprinting. Possibly borrowing the stamina recharge time as well.
FFS, listen to this guy.
I agree with everything in this post.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 02:32:45 pm »
Personally, I think you run plenty fast with the jump run, this isn't really necessary. Though not a very big thing, in my opinion Soldat is more about sustained fights, not running, chasing, etc. It works for those games with bigger maps that take longer to traverse, but that is not the case in soldat.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 02:57:52 pm »
you can fly....
and

you can jump+press direction your going to and move verry fast if you get it right...

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 03:13:11 pm »

Thanks, and feck you and everyone who has ever said this without a supporting reason.

Well this isn't "a minor change" It is a big one, why? Because it will make it so 1) You can cap faster 2) Get to the person you want to kill faster 3) Just generally go faster 4) In the next versions momentum is added to bullet range(I think atleast)

This would change the gameplay way more than a "minor change" It would probably render the current smaller maps useless because of how fast you would be able to move through them. M79 boost or minigun surf if you want to go faster than you can by bunny hopping. About adding stamina: It would break all the current interfaces because they do not have a bar for it meaning everyone would have to change them(well not break them but you get what i mean =/). Making it so you can't shoot while running is a good idea..but still all the person would have to do is stop holding shift(while the momentum keeps them going) and shoot you then continue running.

Soldat is already a fast paced game...why make it faster so you can cap or kill 1 second faster?
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 04:08:58 pm »
Well this isn't "a minor change" It is a big one, why? Because it will make it so 1) You can cap faster 2) Get to the person you want to kill faster 3) Just generally go faster 4) In the next versions momentum is added to bullet range(I think atleast)

1: So? This isn't a reason, this is padding your list so it'll seem like you actually have a point.
2: Not really, they can run just as fast as you. Unless they ran out of sprint, which would be their own fault.
3: See #1. Stating the same thing 3 times in a slightly different wording isn't convincing me of anything.
4: Not enough of a difference to matter. Plus, in the few cases where it might make a difference, if that a bad thing? I mean, yeah, if this is added, IT WON'T BE EXACTLY THE SAME. WE'VE ESTABLISHED THAT. What I want to know is why you would consider that a NEGATIVE change.

This would change the gameplay way more than a "minor change" It would probably render the current smaller maps useless because of how fast you would be able to move through them.

Exaggeration of the week. Render them useless? Give me a fecking break. I'm not suggesting anything faster than supermanning,  and you'd be the first to complain about that ruining all the maps.

About adding stamina: It would break all the current interfaces because they do not have a bar for it meaning everyone would have to change them(well not break them but you get what i mean =/).

Not really. COD4 (the game I'm suggesting we copy the sprint system of) doesn't have a visible meter. You just stop running when you run out, and it fills up when you let go of the button. Play around with it for a few minutes and you can begin to estimate when it'll run out.

Making it so you can't shoot while running is a good idea..but still all the person would have to do is stop holding shift(while the momentum keeps them going) and shoot you then continue running.

Not if it was balanced to where there'd be a slight delay between stopping (and pulling your weapon back out) and starting to run again. Again, played COD4? Something like that.

Soldat is already a fast paced game...why make it faster so you can cap or kill 1 second faster?

I regard people using the "fast pace" cop out slightly above people whining about ruining the style, and slightly below pond scum. Really, almost anything you've said can be applied to bunny hopping or supermanning. Except no one will because of how ridiculous the idea is.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 04:34:37 pm »

This is a big change to a small picture.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker