Poll

Were you active back in the 'old' forums?

Yes.
31 (55.4%)
No.
25 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: The forum as it evolves..  (Read 7077 times)

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
Re: The forum as it evolves..
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 12:06:29 am »
they were definitely more interesting.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 12:48:17 am »
Twist knowing where you go besides these forums... your opinion is going to be crap.

Sorry man, but I think your basing your opinions on Twistkill's reply is going to be crap too. I mean, seriously, where did the his-opinion-is-crap-because-the-forum-he-goes-to-is-crap come from? That's not cool, and you're not cool in that way.
Because he posts like he is still there? Also they are the reason he types out long boring posts to begin with. They all go crazy when he looks up a $2 word on dictionary.com and uses it in a debate.

And when the heck did I ask you to be my friend? I don't care if you think what I say is cool or not. Doesn't stop me from being right though.

Ah, so I'm supposed to be typing a reply to that, but not include any "$2 word on dictionary.com" and not make it long and boring to read. So what do you say to that?

I didn't ask you to be my friend, because quite frankly, you're a douche. And ah, so now I have to make my reply longer than that? Wouldn't that be so boring to read? Like the dumb religion threads that people and you make almost every month?

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND.

These forums got interesting with the Fisting Zone...
No they didn't, because morons like you totally missed the point. It was suppose to be a place where people could rip into people and create delicious drama for others to feed off of, but no you morons had to screw that up as well.

Ironically, it was the Lounge that did most of the gleefully tearing into people and creating delicious side-drama whilst everyone else talks about linux setups and this thread. Where the Fisting board failed in your objective, it made up for hilariously lacking in creativity postings.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 01:30:32 am »
Ah, so I'm supposed to be typing a reply to that, but not include any "$2 word on dictionary.com" and not make it long and boring to read. So what do you say to that?
No because you didn't even have a reply to make. just butthurt points +20

I didn't ask you to be my friend, because quite frankly, you're a douche. And ah, so now I have to make my reply longer than that? Wouldn't that be so boring to read? Like the dumb religion threads that people and you make almost every month?
Again there is no reply just butthurt  + 40

drama <3
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:39:45 am by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 04:56:04 am »
the forums is improved (in terms of greatness,people visiting here, better looking & working,..)
BUT i mis the old forums and the people that were on that (karmazon, DNA, moo,serial killer stil active, nightcabbage,milkman dan,...you know)

also, the bashpit was the best forum ever.

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 05:10:29 am »
For me, the former forum and the internet in general was much more interesting when I was younger. 

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 06:41:55 am »
So you're saying the forums didn't change, but you did? Interresting theory.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 06:51:37 am »
i've never known anyone with such a remarkable ability to make me want to bash my own skull in

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 06:52:31 am »
t, I don't get what you're saying because if you specifically refer to me, you missed the fact that I was here for only a week when the Fisting zone got created, then I left for approximatley left for 6 months... -.-

EDIT: So yes I missed the point because of the short time being while I was here...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:02:20 am by Shadow G-Unit »

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 06:54:13 am »
i've never known anyone with such a remarkable ability to make me want to bash my own skull in

What's holding you back, cocksucker?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 06:57:27 am »
now that is just uncalled for.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 07:49:09 am »

whoa you're such a badboy! YOU'RE SO BAD! like powerglove bad

I LOVE ECHOTRAIL HE'S SO BAAAAAAAD

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 08:54:11 am »
I'm somewhat of an old-time player, but never got into forums until probably 2.5 years after playing soldat with Fractured and now here.

I'm usually here just to look at soldat movies and maps, but as far as I can see, it seems that to any forum, actually any community in general...

As time progresses, the service and structure seems to better in terms of convenience.

Yet, most "old-timers" have that nostalgic feeling of what was, such as what they were accustomed to and who used to be in it, rather than what it is now.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline S4R

• Major
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 09:06:39 am »
which old forums are we talking about?

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 09:34:25 am »
when will you finally get it?
old forums were entertaining because we all actually played soldat. now we just come here to screw around.
Former SuperKill

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 09:56:07 am »
when will you finally get it?
old forums were entertaining because we all actually played soldat. now we just come here to screw around.

If "we" meant just yourself, then I guess that would be true. There are new players everyday and the old regulars who still play. And I think most people come here to actually to contribute besides the spammers. Just look at all the mods, maps, movies, scripting, etc.. The forums will be entertaining as long as soldat is alive and as long as there are contributors who help improve soldat.

As for coming here to just "screw around," enjoy yourself doing that.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 02:54:06 pm »
Basically, to me, SF is pretty much the same as every other game forum in existance. Same stock characters, same discussions, etc. Any changes from the norm were short lived or small enough to pretty much be unnoticed. That is from a perspective of someone who joined the forums 1.3.1 era. Every game forum I've been to is filled with a) Retards who complain about something that has been complained about for years b) Staff c) People who actually visit the site regularly and are somewhat knowledgeable and c) the trolls. Soldat is no different. The occasional thing happens on this site that is different, but most of it is gone a few months afterword. (Bash pit is a good example)
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2008, 03:43:46 pm »
just about every person that was on the old forums tries to hammer the point in that they've been here for years

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2008, 07:09:30 pm »
true, i was speaking somehow for myself.
but believe you me when i say 'played' i mean played competitevely. no league of today can match what SctfL 1-3 were.. there's just not enough ammount of hype into it like there used to be.
Former SuperKill

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 01:19:08 pm »

Hahahahaha! Oh, I heart you.

But seriously, Froggy, when the hell did you become an "interesting" bashpit nightstalker?

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 04:08:39 pm »
Depends on when the "New" forums started I have been here (on more than one profile) since I were 11 now im 15. That's 4 years. Old enough?
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.