Poll

Were you active back in the 'old' forums?

Yes.
31 (55.4%)
No.
25 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: The forum as it evolves..  (Read 7041 times)

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
Re: The forum as it evolves..
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 08:56:42 pm »
This place is far less interesting than it could be with the cool people we have here.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 10:35:54 pm »
Depends on when the "New" forums started I have been here (on more than one profile) since I were 11 now im 15. That's 4 years. Old enough?
I joined when I was like 13-14, I am a week away from being 21.

So answer your question... no. Get some hair on your balls before you start talking about the good'ol days.
@ii

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 01:18:05 am »
I remember getting just over 1000 posts when the announcement came about the new forum. I do miss the old days as it did seem more active and people were much funnier to talk too but that's maybe because I was 14 and it was the first forum I stayed on. Most people played the game too.

It's been over 6 years since I registered and I still like it here ;)

OBEY!!!

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 10:26:37 pm »
Well, I've never been to the old forums, but I have to say this forum (the Lounge anyway; it's the only place I post anymore) has stayed pretty much the same.  Sure, people come and go; Vjichti was replaced by *Mangled (sorry for the comparison, V; I'm just making a point) and there have been other replacements of that nature, with old debaters being replaced by new ones.  I know there was sort of a recession in serious discussion between then and now (yes, serious discussion is really the only measure of this forum that I use), but we're back with fresh faces trying their best to live up to the elders of days past.  Discussion isn't quite at the level it used to be (less truly intelligent people and more opinionated people that use proper grammar), but at least we're making steps forward, right?

EDIT: What a weird format.  Sentence start, parentheses, sentence conclusion.  Crazy.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 12:01:30 am »
Let's not romanticize. The old forum was a mess. DNA.Styx was eager to ban on a whim. Moderation was abused. The bash pit was a nightmare. Remember keyword ads? Archiving? I could go on. Seriously, stop stretching the truth.

Duke, Hitman, JayBee... I miss them. But just like every other years-old forum out there, we've found some damn fine replacements.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:04:29 am by ElephantHunter »
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 07:12:02 am »
Do you care to tell us about the old forums ElephantHunter because your post has aroused my curiousity.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2008, 07:37:54 am »
Weren't that much different besides the fact we had a handful more of older folks running around.
@ii

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2008, 10:32:50 am »
It seemed like we were all closer, really. Of course, that also meant a lot of drama and you could always find some sort of e-fistfight in the Bash Pit.

Personally, I think I had a stronger connection to some forumgoers in the previous forums than in these. In retrospect, I think a lot more people were excited about Soldat back then than they are now.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2008, 10:38:53 am »
I've changed so much since the new forums that I hardly remember what it was like. I mean, I have some idea, but I think it might be twisted from how much people are talking about it, to how it actually was. all in all, I'm pretty satisfied with what we have now, at least I think it has some potential still. Could be worse.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 02:02:40 am »
Do you care to tell us about the old forums ElephantHunter because your post has aroused my curiousity.

Ask and receive
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.