Author Topic: Chainsaw lunge  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Proxy

• Major(1)
  • ChonoNub :C
Chainsaw lunge
« on: June 09, 2006, 08:58:04 pm »
Just to make the Saw a more competitive weapon, why not add a special lunge attack to it? If someone is in your field of vision, within a certain distance, and under your crosshair, you click, and the soldat runs/jets forward to the crosshair while holding down the trigger. All the restrictions are to keep people from abusing the lunge to just skip across the map and cap repeatedly. Hopefully, this will inspire more people to choose the Saw as their secondary, and give it a real reputation.

I'm sure this has been suggested in the old Soldat Forums, but I can't seem to find a topic. What do you guys think?
I change my ingame name constantly. Look out for my colour scheme, it's the only way you'll recognize me.

Or I could just keep a list...

Current ingame name: Proxy/Running Man

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
Re: Chainsaw lunge
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 09:00:32 pm »
i understand. I think that it is not the best idea ever because ppl will deff abuse some way. I guess if it had the right limits it would be good.
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:54:02 pm »
why the h**l don't you just comment to my other topic...  flab/stalky, y did you let this go through?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Beasticly

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 01:31:58 am »
The chainsaw is fine as it is. I don't think it's not really wise to use it as a secondary weapon when you're playing competively, but for a bit of fun it's great.

Offline Aoba

• Major(1)
  • Rei Ban Bombay
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 02:16:52 am »
Uhh, this one would give a little zombie-type feeling, hehe. However, I do not like this idea that much. It's fun to play around with chainsaw as it is now.
Oh la la.

Offline n0b-

• Soldier
  • Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls
    • Russian Soldat Community Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:23:11 am »
Yeah, saw is pretty fun now, and all it needs is a slight improvement of range.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 02:54:06 am »
I think saw is pretty fine as it is, if it should be made better just give it more ammo
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 03:43:39 am »
why the h**l don't you just comment to my other topic...  flab/stalky, y did you let this go through?

Because Chakra` and FliesLikeABrick decided we don't need moderator approvals of topics in the new forums.

Please continue this in zyxstand's topic (http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=254.0). Locked.