Author Topic: Where are the good servers?  (Read 2115 times)

Offline aapo

• Major(1)
Where are the good servers?
« on: July 27, 2006, 02:21:44 pm »
Is it just me, or does this game seem to be lacking good servers, and by good server I mean those with...

1. NO Friendly Fire. Are we promoting TK'ing? Even if killing team members is accidental it sure as hell doesn't improve athmosphere.
2. NO Survival mode. Is it fun to wait 1 minute to respawn, die in the middle while carrying flag in ctf?
3. A server with more than 0/1 players?
4. Realistic mode. This is a preference, but I like to play without having to shoot full clip of STEYR to kill one enemy.
5. NO weapon mods made by some 13-year-old. It gets old pretty quickly to shoot 100 law grenades with one button press...
6. Actually some sort of administration to kick cheaters.

Anyone have similar ideals?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Where are the good servers?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:24:20 pm »
all of the U13 servers fit your criteria.  All of the Elite CTF servers do too except for the Trenchwar

Offline aapo

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 02:36:19 pm »
all of the U13 servers fit your criteria.  All of the Elite CTF servers do too except for the Trenchwar

- Checked those. None of them were realistic.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:31:18 pm »
It's hard to find realistic servers, without friendly fire on, simply because it is kind of stupid :/
Also the majority of people prefer FF on in realistic servers.
But, you should check out Leo's Real CTF if you live in europe, since it is one of the few servers that matches your criteria :)

Offline aapo

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 04:43:38 pm »
It's hard to find realistic servers, without friendly fire on, simply because it is kind of stupid :/
Also the majority of people prefer FF on in realistic servers.
But, you should check out Leo's Real CTF if you live in europe, since it is one of the few servers that matches your criteria :)

- I loved Leo's Servers. They were the only thing that used to keep me playing, with stats and all that. Then he added Friedly Fire to all his servers, and punishments for teamkilling. Five kills lead to ban. Needless to say it turned out pretty ugly.

Accidental shootings. Some people have faster hands than eyes. Imagine situation where you have just gotten enemy flag, running back to base and barely dodging enemy shots. Your teammate is spraying at the other end, killing you. You lose flag and enemy player takes it back. The fact that Leo's server is open to all public doesn't really help. Now we constantly get occasional griefers who come and shoot their own team on purpose. It's just something to turn away every serious player, whether they came to have fun or play competitive game.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 06:56:36 pm »
ah crap, I thought you said you didn't want realistic, sorry.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 08:25:18 am »
2. NO Survival mode. Is it fun to wait 1 minute to respawn, die in the middle while carrying flag in ctf?
No, but it's fun to play a more tactical game. Once you kill a player, he stays killed. It's fun trying to survive against a whole team all by yourself using tactics. Survival has alot more of those moments.