Author Topic: ctf_Zenieth [Re-release]  (Read 809 times)

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
ctf_Zenieth [Re-release]
« on: August 30, 2008, 02:31:16 pm »
ctf_Zenieth

By ElSpec774

(^Click To Enlarge^)

Download / Rate on TMS

This Map Is Hosted By jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: ctf_Zenieth [Re-release]
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:45:14 pm »
Seems you still got that ugly bottom way. First u need to get dropped at bottom. Next u need to climb up again and not feeling any smooth.

The map is too huge vertically, it makes gaming stypid, all the players are distinguished each other, when someone goes bottom and one in top, they'll never seeing each other, no team play just many 1on1s.

Seems like you have tried to set spawns to make more interesting attacking at bottom, ok. You have set two spawns (the spawn next to flag and the lowest spawn) at both bases that way: when player spawns he cant run forward immediately (cos there is polywall), he needs to jump and get platform which he can run forward. Not fun. I like when spawns are set that player can easily take first steps at direction where he is going to.

The middle route seems to be fastest route once player have maked into route from spawns. Like bottom route, also top route seems to be a bit out of game.

Wtf is that collider wall in the center. Get rid of it, the same thing rapes ctf_Vicissitude also. If u can't replace the spray problem other ways, make only bullet collide polys not that stypid collider hell

The map is all around cols, u can use cols several but u can't cover whole map into them.

Also I see that you use a lot those small 3d effects on polygons (small polys, huge changes in shade). They look nice but also they are like eyecatchers which may not be so good for gameplay.

I still like parts of this map, but u r not interested in those.

To speak about ur mapping in general. Ur maps are good and layouts look different from others. But then I see there's nothing new which could make ur map BOM. I see you are fun of boxo, nothing wrong in that. It's just that nowadays u need to take more riskies in mapping.

Yes, I was harsh.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:57:26 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:27:29 pm »
*applauds*

One of the best forms of advice any map of mine has gotten.  I thank you, truly.  There's nothing I can really do to fix this map, gameplay or layout-wise.  The whole thing is just flawed.  Failure map if you ask me, but it still remains one of my favorites.

I need to come up with my own mapping styles.  Ripping off someone's work like Boxo style is just cheap as ****.  I guess default will work fine, yep, I'm following the default trend that Wraithlike and Eagles_Arrows did.  And I hope more mappers will join us.

And it's good to be harsh.  I feel that one of the few ways you can actually get someone to listen and take your advice.  yeah, call me an artist.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:57:12 pm »
try and rip off my style

also, hi5 @ suow lol