37 (18.9%)
I'm happy with a stolen registration
47 (24%)
I don't see enough benefits
52 (26.5%)
Just didn't think about it
17 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author Topic: Soldat registration survey  (Read 27985 times)

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
Soldat registration survey
« on: September 05, 2008, 04:53:09 pm »
Registering Soldat is how I generate cash and what keeps things going. This is why I'd like to know some things about it.
Thanks for cooperating!

Offline rayanaga

• Soldier
  • ~Fur flying~
    • Kryonex
Re: Soldat registration survey
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 04:58:53 pm »
I chose Not Enough Benefits because I believe their should be a few more benefits.

But that's just my opinion towards the topic.
[kY] Kryonex - Your local zombie fanatics.
http://www.kryonex.com/

Offline JupiterShadow

• Camper
  • MS Paint + Adobe Lighting effects FTW!
    • 55274-640-8484137-23948
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:10:22 pm »
Yeah, I don't see enough benefits either.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:19:01 pm »
I'd register it for sure, if my parents would allow me to do so... It's not the benefit i receive what'd make me register, just to have new updates and support Soldat is way enough  :D

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 06:50:25 pm »
There should be more benefits for registered users!
I feel there isn't enough. I know it's not registering just for the benefits. But it would be nice.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 06:53:25 pm »
It's not that it costs too much, its that I don't like to spend money. Which is why I didn't register. I play soldat because it is the best free game in existance. (I might buy a shirt sometime but I have no money)
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 06:57:24 pm »
its fine...

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 08:27:34 pm »
I would get a registration, only i'm in a bit of debt, and don't really have the money at the moment, but I plan to register in the future.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline rugburn

• Major(1)
  • forget cookies...toaster ovens ftw =)
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 09:32:06 pm »
i did register...however someone hacked my software AND hardware and corrupted my computer and had to get it reformatted so i would have to pay all over again :(
*shakes a bottle*

*puts bottle in mouth b4 it exploding*

*shoots into the air like a rocket* =D

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 09:45:56 pm »
I've already registered but i can say that 15$ is a little high for many freebie gamers.

Stolen Regs are easy to get, and are just as effective so often times thats where they 'register'.

Benefit-Wise there is a good portion of goodies, but there really isn't much that just provides the awesome factor or what not.

Thats my comment on that.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 02:06:06 am »
Maybe when you are register, and you go online, it will upload your kills/deaths to some database, sort of like ranks, but would be pretty damn easy to implement.

Then you could go online, and it will have a list of all the registrations (By showing the last name they used online), and you could see stats and shizz.

Wouldn't be difficult, but could draw more attention to soldat and registrations (a few of my friends would like soldat more if it had some sort of rank system).

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 02:12:07 am »
Hmmm, most ppl say not enough benefits. I registered my Soldat just before 1.4 came out (the day after I registered 1.4 came out)
I asked some people around and sometimes they say "I don't play Soldat that much as to register it"
Text goes here...

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 07:23:52 am »
I register when I used to play, around 1.1.6, the reason I registered was because I wanted to support the creator of a great game which brought me huge amounts of fun.

As for the features you get I think the star, the colored jets and especially no nag screen are great, don't know about the mini-map, seems usefull but I haven't played much since it was added.

These days most people know how to pirate a game or anything else for that matter, so I'd guess the people who do want the reg features just do what they usually do, download it off a warez site.

Furthermore AFAIK alot of players are quite young, and thus don't have much money to spare in the first place, and even if they do, most likely don't have a creditcard, meaning they'd have to ask someone else, most likely parents, to do the transfer, and alot of parents are sceptic towards using theire credit cards online, and for those who aren't clueless about the web, I'd still be a bit sceptic if my 12 year old kid wanted me to punch in the numbers cause he wants to buy some benefits for a "free game he players". Not because its free, but because there are more then enough scam sites on the web.
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 07:50:45 am »
I registred 'cause when I started to make better mods (at least imo) I realised it's a shame to be not registred. I thing that things that you have after registration are usefull and that there are enought of 'em for now. I most like the ability to change resolution.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 08:46:10 am »
I would honestly but I have no methods.  No parent support, friends, anything.  I will remain unregistered until I either, have a credit card when I'm 18 or find someone reliable who is willing to pay for the key for me and I can pay him back him cash.  Also DarkNoddy's post speaks a lot of truth.

Also, I think the minimap feature being only limited to only registered players is just idiotic.  Although, it's a minimal amount, it gives players who have access to it an advantage during games.  Why can't this be changed in 1.5 like demo recording was in 1.2.1?

Offline SoNNy

• Soldier
  • Whoosaaa
    • Soldat gamepark
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 01:52:56 pm »
In my opinion, there is one BIG reason why people don't want to register.
First time, when I decided to register, there were few people who had registration, so it was something cool to be part of them. Everytime when you've joined server you were only the one who had registration of soldat and a nice star near your nick, colored flames, etc ... People remembered you just because you had registration.
But now, everyone have registration/crack and the point of this, is gone.

Maybe some drastic solution would be fine :)

92% of teens have moved onto hip-hop. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 03:32:34 pm »
ElSpec, just go to your local post-office and see if they have some of these card thingies, just ask about them.

You can get them here in NZ, it is like a disposable debit plus card (A debit card that you can use online), you just buy one and put however much money you want on them, then spend it somewhere.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 11:01:34 pm »
Thank god for the bank transfer option, or I would have never been able to register. :D
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 11:34:14 pm »
I'd be glad to pay 20$ to register and buy like 2 shirts like anytime but like my parents dont let me buy anything from the internet (and like btw I'm not a 25 year old dude that his mom still controls his life lol... I'm still in the 1* (not 9 nor 8))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:54:58 pm by Snake »

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 01:10:27 pm »
I can't pay by SMS coz i have wrong operator('Tak Tak').
I will register when it's possible...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:14:27 pm by Gizd »