Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 269549 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:14:54 am »
Oi.
Sometimes you have a question for the forumpeople, but you don't feel like it's really worth making an entire new thread for. Well, some of you post it anyway. So I figured we'd make a topic here in which to post those questions, and try to keep it simple.

I'll go first with an example, and at the same time get out a couple of questions that this thread was intendet for in the first place.

1. Any of you know of a good, free videoediting program? Like, for putting together some, say, gaming clips?

2. What's a good place to download english subtitles and how do you make it work? *solved*

Now you just answer the questions or ask some of your own.
Enjoy,
echo

PS: please only answer/ask questions if you have something serious or constructive to say. Otherwise this'll get messy real quick.

PPS: Keep questions in this thread answerable. If you have a question with a debatable answer, make a new thread for it. Offenders will be muted. - Espadon
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:01:43 am by Espadon »
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:33:21 am »
Just because you ruin every other loungethread the second it's posted, don't mean you have to with this as well. In fact, don't.

Offline Amblin

• Major(1)
  • Uwe Boll, a master and friend
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:37:48 am »
2. What's a good place to download english subtitles and how do you make it work?
I just google "subtitles", load the first few results in tabs and enter the search term in each one of them until I find something. Always worked so far and after a while you know which sites to avoid.

Put the files in the same directory as the video files, make sure they have the same names (with exception of the file extension). Play the file in VLC.

Since you're probably looking for subs for ripped movies, make sure the run time, amount of CDs etc. match or you'll get out of sync subs.

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:56:41 am »
Are Creative headphones good for music and gaming? Are there any other brands you would suggest?

Offline Mothafix

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:14:40 pm »
Why won't the legendary Jazz Jackrabbit 2 work on my computer? I tried 2 torrents but when I launch the game I get a black screen for a while and after the black screen is gone, nothing happens :(

It works fine on my friends computer tho'. :|

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 12:19:28 pm »
Why won't the legendary Jazz Jackrabbit 2 work on my computer? I tried 2 torrents but when I launch the game I get a black screen for a while and after the black screen is gone, nothing happens :(

Updated drivers and all the standard shizz?
@ii

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:18:11 pm by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »
2. What's a good place to download english subtitles and how do you make it work?
I just google "subtitles", load the first few results in tabs and enter the search term in each one of them until I find something. Always worked so far and after a while you know which sites to avoid.

Put the files in the same directory as the video files, make sure they have the same names (with exception of the file extension). Play the file in VLC.

Since you're probably looking for subs for ripped movies, make sure the run time, amount of CDs etc. match or you'll get out of sync subs.

It's not really working for me, unless I'm doing something horribly wrong. ...and I probably am. So,

Offline Mothafix

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 12:47:07 pm »

Hmm.. I got RADEON X600 PRO and when I search for updates at their site it leads me to some Catalyst. Do I have to download it?

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 12:50:13 pm »

It's not really working for me, unless I'm doing something horribly wrong. ...and I probably am. So,
Yes if you're not using VLC.

use VLC

Date Posted: September 09, 2008, 07:49:29 pm

Hmm.. I got RADEON X600 PRO and when I search for updates at their site it leads me to some Catalyst. Do I have to download it?
As long as you don't have an AGP version then yes.
Banned

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 12:50:38 pm »
I am using VLC. I just drag the entire folder onto the VLC screenwindow, and as I understand it, it's supposed to work, subtitles and all. Only it doesn't.

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 12:51:49 pm »
Then just go to File > Open (or ctrl+F) and choose the movie and the subtitles there.
Banned

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 12:55:59 pm »
Still doesn't work, I'm afraid. Bad subtitle maybe?

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 12:56:55 pm »
could be, try downloading different.
if the subtitles are not synced just download others
Banned

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 01:00:57 pm »
Just tried a bunch of different ones. Still doesn't work.. Did my beautifully crafted picture up there check out?

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 01:21:28 pm »
Check Video > Subtitles.

Date Posted: September 09, 2008, 08:19:38 pm
I'ma upload my JJ2 folder...
http://dodownload.filefront.com/11743136//81eb65375c649a10aeb7ee2a09e635491680d0be1e3c2e4e439336bed8c6266790814edabdc7be98
Bad File?   Is this file illegal? Obscene? Report a bad file.
Banned

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 01:23:03 pm »
actually it works if I start the movie and then drag the subtitlefile on to the screen. Wierd.. But thanks anyway fellas, one problem solved.

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 01:23:57 pm »
enjoy your weaboo movie
Banned

Offline Mothafix

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 01:31:01 pm »
I'ma upload my JJ2 folder...
http://dodownload.filefront.com/11743136//81eb65375c649a10aeb7ee2a09e635491680d0be1e3c2e4e439336bed8c6266790814edabdc7be98

Downloading now..
I also downloaded the Catalyst thing and some DirectX updates (I think) :P

Date Posted: September 09, 2008, 02:25:08 pm
Feck, when I run it, it gives a black screen and I gotta end the program.. What can be done now?