Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 270486 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2008, 10:57:56 am »
As far as I know, Blizzard just uses "units" This spell has a range of 1000. But this spell only has a range of 800. Etc. So yeah it'd pretty much be impossible, but you could always guesstimate. Let's just say WoW is freakin' gigantic.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2008, 12:07:52 pm »
Anyone here ever take a Thermodynamics course?

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2008, 07:41:23 pm »
Actually certain add'ons will let you pinpoint any location, and then tell you many yards you'll have to travel to get there. I suppose from that it would be possible to calculate the true scale.
I guess if you make up a scale you can, but then you're just making up numbers.
No I had an addon that would tell me how many meters an object was away from you. If you really wanted to figure it out you could just use that info to find the distance between two coordinates, then do the math.
they determined however long a meter is in the game. its just a made up distance.
Or it could be relative to the plaeyrs height, buildings, trees etc
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2008, 08:28:37 pm »
Actually certain add'ons will let you pinpoint any location, and then tell you many yards you'll have to travel to get there. I suppose from that it would be possible to calculate the true scale.
I guess if you make up a scale you can, but then you're just making up numbers.
No I had an addon that would tell me how many meters an object was away from you. If you really wanted to figure it out you could just use that info to find the distance between two coordinates, then do the math.
they determined however long a meter is in the game. its just a made up distance.
Or it could be relative to the plaeyrs height, buildings, trees etc
Mythical creatures of unknown height are a great scale.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2008, 08:30:21 pm »
Better than not knowing, and it is the only way to compare sizes.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2008, 09:26:13 pm »
This sounds amazing.

^Question: Does anyone know some more songs that are similar to that or slightly gothic grandeur music?

Has anyone found a good picture tutorial on drawing fire in flamethrower mode using coloring pencils?

My two questions are on the waiting list. :|

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2008, 11:29:25 pm »
http://www.cgtutorials.com/t5100/Autodesk_Maya/Creating_A_Flame_Thrower

meh, 5 seconds google, I didn't even read it ahah

Player since late 2007

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2008, 12:57:19 am »

Yes.  What's up?
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2008, 10:12:15 am »

Yes.  What's up?

I'm having trouble with a mixed/superheated fluid problem. I'll try and type it up later tonight, busy today.

The two problems I each have the same problem with. In one we are given T1 and T2 for a piston with Refrigerant R134a. Then we are given the weight of the piston and the Patm.

Well good, so I find the total pressure and then I'm lost because it wants the change in volume and the change in enthalpy. T1 can be found on each graph (mixed, superheated) and T2 values has to be interpolated (I think). But I dont know how to distinguish if its super heated or mixed.

Now, I'm more inclined to go to the superheated, merely because I have nothing to calculate the property of the mixture. I think I'm missing something vital here, or I'm just lazy. Unfortunately, if I do try my method I have nothing to compare my answers too. Its homework, I like to actually learn and feel competent after it. Not unsure.

Knowing this would help me out a lot.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:48:33 am by Smegma »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2008, 10:56:08 am »
Hmm..sounds like I'll have to get my book/notes for that one.

Are there any properties of the Refrigerant that I need to know about, or any other special caveats?  I'll take a look over what I have and see if I've got anything useful.  I get the feeling that the volume and enthalpy change can be found with the info you have, but I'm not sure of the equations at the moment.  I'll update this. 

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2008, 08:08:29 pm »
Wait, I have some questions.
1. If LHC can make so much collision, that it causes a friction, then wouldn't it make a fire and blow up the whole crap?

2. I heard Oxyclean really is bad, is this true?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2008, 08:48:10 pm »

Are there any properties of the Refrigerant that I need to know about, or any other special caveats?  I'll take a look over what I have and see if I've got anything useful.  I get the feeling that the volume and enthalpy change can be found with the info you have, but I'm not sure of the equations at the moment.  I'll update this. 

Not really, just look up its properties. I think if I use the superheated chart I just interpolate a few times to get the specific volume from the given T. I just want to know if I should say its superheated. Its the only way I can think of solving it, that doesn't mean its right.

EDIT: Problem solved, It seems I was being an idiot.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:48:23 pm by Smegma »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2008, 11:39:19 pm »
Will stepping on someone's neck kill them?
There are other worlds than these

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2008, 11:44:22 pm »
Depends on how much force you transfer into their neck.
Give it a good stomp and yes, you will kill them.
Give is a slow but steady press (until you are basically standing on them), and there is a very good chance of paralysis (or death).

Surprisingly, the human neck is far stronger than most people think. About 1/10th (no source, and that's out of date too) of all attempted neck-snappings (like in the movies) are done wrong and merely paralyze or do as little as leave a soreness.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2008, 12:03:12 am »

Not really, just look up its properties. I think if I use the superheated chart I just interpolate a few times to get the specific volume from the given T. I just want to know if I should say its superheated. Its the only way I can think of solving it, that doesn't mean its right.

EDIT: Problem solved, It seems I was being an idiot.

What did you do?  I might be at a loss without being able to see the graphs, but I began to think about ways to manipulate some of the basic laws to be able to calculate enthaply with some of the other variables like P and V change accounted for. 

Guess I should have mentioned my thermo course was meant for natural systems and minerals -_-

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2008, 10:25:21 am »
Why isn't anyone anwering my question!!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2008, 07:50:51 pm »
i downloaded a movie from a site. not torrents, and it says its an MPEG-4, yet it wont go on my ipod. and itunes wont tell me that its the wrong format etc. any idea whyyy?

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2008, 08:03:26 pm »

I suppose. The adams apple will probably be fucked over in some way. Not to mention breaking a few things.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2008, 08:21:06 pm »
i downloaded a movie from a site. not torrents, and it says its an MPEG-4, yet it wont go on my ipod. and itunes wont tell me that its the wrong format etc. any idea whyyy?
Is the file extension .mp4? Is it in your iTunes library (can you see it and play it within iTunes)?
There are other worlds than these

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2008, 11:36:54 am »
I seem to remember someone called "the ru" or something here...IIRC, he had a picture of Chakra as his avatar...does anyone remember him or know who I might be talking about?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.