Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 270415 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2008, 11:49:57 am »
Chakra changed his name to Ru to escape naruto fans, course we busted his chops with stuff like NaRUto
@ii

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2008, 01:01:46 pm »
that was mine!

simple question - what is the @ii in your sig t?
Former SuperKill

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2008, 03:24:44 pm »
Another simple question, why did you take the link to your MySpace profile out of your signature, †?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2008, 03:37:17 pm »
that was mine!

simple question - what is the @ii in your sig t?
A snail

Another simple question, why did you take the link to your MySpace profile out of your signature, †?
It was a joke to begin with.
@ii

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2008, 03:38:08 pm »
I got a question. I need a good game to buy, I have Wii and DS. What should I get?
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2008, 03:47:03 pm »
I got a question. I need a good game to buy, I have Wii and DS. What should I get?

There's some game on the Wii where you control a wolf or a dog or something.  My friend says it's the best game he's ever played; I'll post the title once I remember it.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2008, 03:48:29 pm »
You could go with House of the Dead and a zapper like in irc, in total you will spend about $45 and get 3 shooting games. (Hod2-3, and the surprisingly not boring crossbow training). Other than that I honestly dont have that much money so I can't buy that many games myself so all I can tell you to get is Metriod 3 and Prince of Persia(Rushed graphics but its a fun game).

There's some game on the Wii where you control a wolf or a dog or something.  My friend says it's the best game he's ever played; I'll post the title once I remember it.
Okami

Edit: Never played it myself though; like I said I am poor folk, a get maybe two games a year.
@ii

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2008, 03:54:51 pm »
I've been told numerous times that Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii is kickass.
There are other worlds than these

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2008, 03:57:45 pm »

There's some game on the Wii where you control a wolf or a dog or something. My friend says it's the best game he's ever played; I'll post the title once I remember it.
What t said. Rock Band also came out in Wii, so you should consider that. Other than that, I don't know, may be Resident Evil 5/4?  
For DS, I like Elite Beat Agents, but it depends on you, it's similar to many rythem games, but it's more exotic and addictive.

My simple question:
WHO'S GONNA GET THE GEARS OF WAR 2 THIS NOVEMBER!!!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2008, 04:13:42 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DcMy3BjtbQ

Recently saw this, might get it if I fall into some money...
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »
My simple question:
Dumb fratboyish 360 owners who don't yet know the superiority of the mouse and keyboard.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2008, 04:21:10 pm »
My simple question:

This will forever be remembered as the first thing you said I didn't want to strangle you for.

@DS games, I'd suggest either one of the Castlevania games. I've only played Dawn of Sorrow, but I've heard the other one is at least as good.

also 4yo can go get colon cancer and die in a gutter.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2008, 04:26:59 pm »
I'm tired of the lack of good real RPG's for both those consoles. The new Tales game looks like... pokemon...
I'm so tired of those hack-n-slash games, which is all they have right now. I have Dawn of Sorrow, SSBB.
Mouse and keyboard > controller, especially in shooters.
I guess I just will have to wait and see what is good, but I am thinking about no more heroes. I'm so plugged in to nintendo that any game that is out I have already heard of and have an opinion about, so I don't know why I ask these questions anyway...
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2008, 07:02:30 pm »
Hmm..sounds like I'll have to get my book/notes for that one.

Are there any properties of the Refrigerant that I need to know about, or any other special caveats?  I'll take a look over what I have and see if I've got anything useful.  I get the feeling that the volume and enthalpy change can be found with the info you have, but I'm not sure of the equations at the moment.  I'll update this. 

Not really, just look up its properties. I think if I use the superheated chart I just interpolate a few times to get the specific volume from the given T. I just want to know if I should say its superheated. Its the only way I can think of solving it, that doesn't mean its right.

EDIT: Problem solved, It seems I was being an idiot.

What did you do?  I might be at a loss without being able to see the graphs, but I began to think about ways to manipulate some of the basic laws to be able to calculate enthaply with some of the other variables like P and V change accounted for. 

Guess I should have mentioned my thermo course was meant for natural systems and minerals -_-

Just calculate the Saturation Temp at the given pressure, compare to Temp given. It was greater, therefore, superheated.

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2008, 07:23:36 pm »
I seem to remember someone called "the ru" or something here...IIRC, he had a picture of Chakra as his avatar...does anyone remember him or know who I might be talking about?

The Ru' was Chakra, i believe.

(New question) What the f* are hotdogs really made out of?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:26:09 pm by Wolf_Man »
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2008, 07:28:59 pm »
(New question) What the f* are hotdogs really made out of?
Pork/beef
these days they don't wrap them in intestines like back in the day, if they have veal they plump when you cook them. if they had the real intestine wrap they would crunch when you bite them, but these days its too expensive (and people seem to think its disgusting)
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2008, 08:17:07 pm »
I'm tired of the lack of good real RPG's for both those consoles.

You could try FFTA2. Again, haven't played it myself but I have a friend who swears by it.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2008, 09:19:32 pm »
I'm tired of the lack of good real RPG's for both those consoles.

You could try FFTA2. Again, haven't played it myself but I have a friend who swears by it.

The story is absolute crap, but the gameplay is alright. Until you get crazy laws like "Don't attack anyone who is lower level than you." after you've spent 10 hours doing side-quests to level up. :/
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2008, 09:33:24 pm »
My friend says Dark Mesiah : Of might and magic is a pretty good game. Gothic 3 and the Witcher also look promising.

What is FFTA2?
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2008, 12:59:14 am »
Lately I've had some killer homework. By killer I mean writing 10+ pages of paragraph after paragraph of history stuff. I really want to do well in the class, but I get so bored while I do it that I come here.
How do you people force yourself to not distract yourself? (or do you)