Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 272053 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2008, 01:10:02 am »
I've always had this problem as well, at least if I thjough the stuff I had to do wasn't very interresting. What I always did was turn of my cell, TV, computer(unless I ned it for the assignment of course, so none of that is there to distract me. Also, I bring myself a bottle of water so I don't need to leave my seat in order to drink. That way, I find it it that sooner og later I will get something done.

But to be honest, i got most of my knowledge from national Geographic Channel. How I ever made it out with a B in average is a mystery to anyone who knows me.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2008, 01:14:00 am »
What I always did was turn of my cell, TV, computer(unless I ned it for the assignment of course, so none of that is there to distract me.
Thats the problem, its required to do on a computer. I use a mac for it ('cause the school provides it), and so I can't actually play soldat, but I'm in IRC all the time anyways...

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2008, 01:30:07 am »
Studying is very hard because of your slight attachment to the computer, isn't it? I find it hard too. I mean, look, I've posted this here knowing I am bored and thinking there's nothing to do other than study for college prep computer class. A routine is needed in order, but I always find some new and interesting stuff at the last minute, then I stay up late doing new interesting stuff.

(Oh look, I found a folder I forgot all about.....holy crap, old soldat files? I'm THAT old??? Jesus christ man...)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2008, 02:51:19 am »
What I always did was turn of my cell, TV, computer(unless I ned it for the assignment of course, so none of that is there to distract me.
Thats the problem, its required to do on a computer. I use a mac for it ('cause the school provides it), and so I can't actually play soldat, but I'm in IRC all the time anyways...

Well, you're talking to the guy who always does his assignments the night before they're to be turned in, so I'm no expert on the matter of steering clear of attractions when it comes to homework. But I guess you should either turn off IRC, MSN and all that, or get off the internet all together, assuming you don't need it to do your stuff.
If you're a music man, put on a relaxing track that takes your mind away from things like Soldat, girls, family issues and your right hand, making it easier for you to focus on the job.. at.. hand. You get what I mean. At least it's what I've done on the rare occasion where I actually turned things in properly. I recommend some ambient Down Tempo, if that fits your liking :)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2008, 07:29:09 am »
Frunk, you're too mean to me :(

How do you people force yourself to not distract yourself? (or do you)
I just take 20 minutes break, then study for 40 minutes, that way I don't get that much distracted and take a simple break.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2008, 03:26:53 pm »
I heard somewhere that the human mind can only really concentrate itself for around 40 minutes, so you should always take a 10 minute break at least by then. True?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2008, 03:33:44 pm »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2008, 03:38:31 pm »
Well, when it comes to abbreviations, Google doesn't usually help much.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2008, 05:17:07 pm »
i downloaded a movie from a site. not torrents, and it says its an MPEG-4, yet it wont go on my ipod. and itunes wont tell me that its the wrong format etc. any idea whyyy?
Is the file extension .mp4? Is it in your iTunes library (can you see it and play it within iTunes)?
yes and yes

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2008, 05:22:57 pm »
i downloaded a movie from a site. not torrents, and it says its an MPEG-4, yet it wont go on my ipod. and itunes wont tell me that its the wrong format etc. any idea whyyy?
Is the file extension .mp4? Is it in your iTunes library (can you see it and play it within iTunes)?
yes and yes
Have you checked the amount of free space left on your iPod?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2008, 05:24:55 pm »
I asked a girl out, she said no, but she wants me to go places with her? Whats going on here?

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2008, 05:28:33 pm »
That's always a complicated matter. Make a thread of your own, and give us all the details if you want an even remotely accurate answer.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2008, 05:30:04 pm »
I asked a girl out, she said no, but she wants me to go places with her? Whats going on here?
I know nothing of the thing, but... slut? Odd for a girl but a get in get on get out kind of thing?
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2008, 05:30:29 pm »
Go places with her, get to know her, once you two are close friends ask her out again (if she hasn't at that point).
There are other worlds than these

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2008, 05:35:35 pm »

1. Slip her some ecstasy
2. Chat her up for awhile
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

In all honesty, she may not be ready for a relationship, she could only be interested in sharing a friendship with you, she might feel that you are a nice guy but you simply aren't her type,.. how old are you, and how old is she?
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2008, 06:11:33 pm »
Always take girl advice from jrgp, he gets hit on by a latino chick -everyday-!!!
@ii

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2008, 07:39:42 pm »
Go places with her, get to know her, once you two are close friends ask her out again (if she hasn't at that point).

Thats what i was thinking.

Always take girl advice from jrgp, he gets hit on by a latino chick -everyday-!!!

With some asian fries on the side!

1. Slip her some ecstasy
2. Chat her up for awhile
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

In all honesty, she may not be ready for a relationship, she could only be interested in sharing a friendship with you, she might feel that you are a nice guy but you simply aren't her type,.. how old are you, and how old is she?

We are both 13. Trust me when i say this, she likes me. I can tell. All of her friends can tell. I think jrgp is right about this one.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:41:25 pm by Wolf_Man »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2008, 08:47:18 pm »
We are both 13.

Trust me when i say this, she likes me. I can tell.

I think jrgp is right about this one.

I can see three things wrong with your post....

If she turned you down but does still like you she is probably playing games. Girl games aren't fun at all so I would drop her. If she turned you down and she doesn't like you drop her and move on.

You are still a pup, don't think so highly of the "love" you feel. It's more than likely just your groin talking.
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2008, 08:48:47 pm »
We are both 13. Trust me when i say this, she likes me. I can tell. All of her friends can tell. I think jrgp is right about this one.
Maybe you can get mommy to drive you two luvbirds to the movies, just don't buy the popcorn, she can't eat because of the braces.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2008, 08:53:46 pm »
Can somebody please, PLEASE tell me where I can buy K(potassium), Rb(Rubidium), Mg(Magnesium), or Cs(Caesium)?

I'm planning to get some revenge on some asshole that thinks he owns my balls. Sodium's too weak to make a water explosion, so I at LEAST want to know where I can actually afford a bit of Potassium.

**Fr(Francium) is a nuclear atom, so it's not possible to get one of those**
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"