Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 270495 times)

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »
Push ups every day
jog at least 5km every three days
biceps every day
stomach every two days
bicycling if jogging doesn't get you hard anymore
don't eat crisps crap, eat meat, nuts or whitebread+milk - ohh you will get in shape alright
and of course, self-motivation. Getting aroused by women motivates pumping, getting angry works too. Also looking forward to a major event that you've been waiting for boosts motivation. Helpful?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2008, 02:55:30 pm »
google has them everywhere.

If you want to go really serious you could talk to your doctor and make yourself a workout/diet schedule
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2008, 02:59:49 pm »
Push ups every day
jog at least 5km every three days
biceps every day
stomach every two days
bicycling if jogging doesn't get you hard anymore
don't eat crisps crap, eat meat, nuts or whitebread+milk - ohh you will get in shape alright
and of course, self-motivation. Getting aroused by women motivates pumping, getting angry works too. Also looking forward to a major event that you've been waiting for boosts motivation. Helpful?

Indeed, thank you. Still, I'm looking for something more elaborate. Almost to the extent of having a one-time session with a personal trainer. However, it's a nice outline to follow.

google has them everywhere.

If you want to go really serious you could talk to your doctor and make yourself a workout/diet schedule

I briefly tried googling the topic earlier but couldn't get any amazing results, so I decided to ask here. I think I may try asking my doctor for recommendations and/or a schedule.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2008, 03:09:56 pm »
really? "weight loss" only has like 86 million queries
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2008, 03:31:29 pm »
Pay attention to Kazuki's post. He said quality not quantity.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2008, 03:33:17 pm »
Alright, alright. He's been mocked more than enough. From now on, drop the subject. We don't want to end up being one of the witness sources to some magazine or newspaper if they end up printing an article on tehsnipah's suicide and/or murder charge.

My question: Does anyone know of any good guides to a healthy lifestyle, including exercise and eating habits? I'm looking to get back into shape.
I'm okay Kazuki. You know I've been through a lot worse than this. Like in Fisting Zone.

If you want to get back your shape, then maybe try to jog, if you hate jogging, then just at least take a 30 minutes~1hour walk with your music on or something. That'll help you.
For eating, if you eat meat alot, just make sure you eat some veggies also, like lettuce. It would be nice to avoid the fats that stick in steaks.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2008, 03:51:31 pm »
@Kazuki, actually I find it that common sence is the best diet. Like, don't eat unless you're really hungry. Feeling like having a snack can be easely overwon by just thinking twice about it. When you get hiome from work/school, go for a run instead of sitting down at the computer instantly, 'cause it'll make you tired just like that. When you do the cooking, don't use greasy crap like butter and stuff. There are usually lot's of healthy sideways.

I've been doing that recently, and I find it that i lose weight more than ever. :)
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2008, 03:51:41 pm »
Alright, alright. He's been mocked more than enough. From now on, drop the subject. We don't want to end up being one of the witness sources to some magazine or newspaper if they end up printing an article on tehsnipah's suicide and/or murder charge.

My question: Does anyone know of any good guides to a healthy lifestyle, including exercise and eating habits? I'm looking to get back into shape.
I'm okay Kazuki. You know I've been through a lot worse than this. Like in Fisting Zone.

If you want to get back your shape, then maybe try to jog, if you hate jogging, then just at least take a 30 minutes~1hour walk with your music on or something. That'll help you.
For eating, if you eat meat alot, just make sure you eat some veggies also, like lettuce. It would be nice to avoid the fats that stick in steaks.

The meats are healthy too. Thats why its called a (balanced) diet.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2008, 03:53:43 pm »
Celery is great as a snack. It has so few calories that your body burns more digesting it than it gets out of them.
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2008, 03:56:12 pm »
Celery is great as a snack. It has so few calories that your body burns more digesting it than it gets out of them.

I heard that's true with carrots as well?

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2008, 03:56:23 pm »
Forget losing weight: I need to GAIN weight. I'm 5"11 and 110lb. Any ideas on how to go about this?1
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2008, 03:57:27 pm »
Forget losing weight: I need to GAIN weight. I'm 5"11 and 110lb. Any ideas on how to go about this?1
Eat a lot *right* before you go to sleep. Easiest way I can think of. Or work out, it takes longer but probably better.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2008, 04:45:27 pm »

Yeah, haha. I never said I needed to lose weight. I said I'd like to get back into shape. More specifically, I'd like to tone my muscles and improve my cardiovascular system. My abs aren't as prominent as they used to be. I get tired rather easily because my muscles run out of oxygen when I'm doing something vigorous. Overall, my performance is worse now than it was, say, half a year ago. So I'm looking to counter that.

The reason I'm delving into it so deeply is because I'm one of those people that prefers strict guidance or else I'm unsure if what I'm doing is correct. However, I only decided to get rather serious about it today.

I've had problems with motivation in the past. There have been multiple times where I began running at a quick pace for 10 minutes daily or did three sets of push-ups and sit-ups per day. However, these normally don't last more than a couple weeks at best. I'm planning on setting multiple alarms on my phone which ring daily and remind me it's time to perform a specific exercise, because if I'm not reminded, it's like I choose not to remind myself and thus end up gradually dropping the routine.

;P I'm not as bad as Farah is. I'm 5'6" and 120lbs. Which is still rather small. So it's not like I need to lose weight. I just want to keep my body in good condition. Like I already mentioned, it's only been several hours before I decided to get serious about it, but I'm now at school, so I can't do very much research at the moment. I appreciate all the responses and I'm gonna try to accumulate all that information when I get home tonight.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2008, 04:49:10 pm »
Is being around 5'9" and weighing ~140 while having very little muscle mass bad?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2008, 04:52:41 pm »
I actually follow the "exercises" I specified above and it helps, I don't have any kind of diet, I eat whatever I want whenever I want at the cost of more excessive training (which I don't mind) Also I always listen to metal while exercising so it provides the required pinch of rage
6.375 (192 cm)
172lbs (78kg)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2008, 04:53:04 pm »
Is being around 5'9" and weighing ~140 while having very little muscle mass bad?

Not if you just survived the holocaust.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2008, 07:58:50 pm »
I'm 5'6" and weigh ~130, and my friends call me skinny. By no means is it "bad," however if you are not in shape it is definitely not good.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2008, 08:14:48 pm »
I am 5'9 and weigh 160.
Only way I stay in shape is stuff around the house.
I lift a couple hundred pounds of feed daily, for the animals.
I walk a lot, due to the size of the pasture and I like to spend a couple hours a day in the woods.

Other than that, we go and get 300 bales of hay once a month (cattle hay, around 40-50 pounds/bale when packed tight) and I have to put it on the trailer, which includes throwing it over my head.

As for eating, I eat mainly meat and a lot potatoes and drink a lot of chocolate milk. :P
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:46 pm »
I'm 5'6" and weigh ~130, and my friends call me skinny. By no means is it "bad," however if you are not in shape it is definitely not good.

Heh, I'm 5'9" and 115 pounds. I think my BMI has been 17.5~ all my life.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2008, 08:58:18 pm »
I'm 5'7" and 140. I'm planning to get in shape some time next week.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.