Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 269535 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #380 on: February 26, 2009, 07:19:00 am »
Who doesn't need such large storage handy?

I would use it for music and such, also one of my friends wants my music for some reason..
Oh ho ho, I have Soldat and CS:S in mine 8)
I've got a bunch of little programs, like Firefox Portable, Soldat, Knytt, 7Zip, Putty, OpenVNC, a few others, and some music for when I don't have my iPod or an internet connection near.
I erased all the installable softwares on my flash drive to shove in CS >_<
Actually, the software on my flash drives doesn't need to be installed, just run the .exe's and they work,.
There are other worlds than these

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #381 on: February 26, 2009, 12:02:29 pm »
If only it were that simple on Mac =/

Our computers are locked down so portable apps would be nice
Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #382 on: February 26, 2009, 03:06:02 pm »
So anyone find a cheaper one?
16GB for total of $25?

What are you high? Hurry up and get it! It's so worth it!

It's 5 dollars cheaper than my 8GB.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #383 on: March 03, 2009, 02:17:48 am »
Ok, let's take it from a general point of view. I.E., no specifying any particular models in the following question:

The company started out as a small firm, but they now need a network where they can access their centralized data and also the network should be able to expand as their needs grow (more clients). Scenario one was solved with a Wireless Network, which is capable of expanding, and the lack of cables makes setting up new clients less of a headache.

Now for the real one--Two years later, business has been booming, and the company has moved to a high-rise building. They have a need to occupy two floors--except the floors are eight stories apart from each other. Both floors will have their own LANs, which will need to be able to communicate with each other. The budget is higher this time, but not really enough for you to add anything big and expensive to improve the networking. Since they are handling some big clients, they need to make sure all of their data is kept secure as it leaves the two individual LANs. Because the walls of the building are not conducive to pulling new cable, they will have to run some above the ceiling in the drop space.

Now, I think the two networked LANs would have to include two points of access, one for each floor, for Wireless. And the two points will have to communicate with each other through eight stories of space between the LANs. A repeater cabling would do nicely, for cables that run over 100ft, and no loss in communications and less garbling of information.

What do you think, guys?

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2009, 11:17:23 am »
Any of you blokes know of a good pirate co-op game?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Luke Strife

• Major(1)
  • Erratic Englishman.
« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2009, 09:03:38 am »
Someone care to enlighten me as to what "bink" is? I tried searching it but there's no explanation of it anywhere, and I just get confused when I read it in threads.
"The best warriors never have to fight."

"What is worth having is worth working for."

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2009, 09:58:20 am »
Any of you blokes know of a good pirate co-op game?
If you're talking about free, then the only one I can think of is "Pirates of C. MMO"..... I don't think you should even consider it...
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2009, 10:01:28 am »
Someone care to enlighten me as to what "bink" is? I tried searching it but there's no explanation of it anywhere, and I just get confused when I read it in threads.

Self-Bink: When you are using an auto and the crosshair gets biggger, causing you to be inaccurate.

Bink: When you have Barret/M79/Ruger, and you are being shot by another gun, causes your cursor to get bigger making it inaccurate.

Offline Luke Strife

• Major(1)
  • Erratic Englishman.
« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2009, 10:47:02 am »
Thank you for clearing that up. :)

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
« Reply #389 on: March 11, 2009, 06:16:22 pm »
Ok I've been thinking about this for like 2 months now hehe... so in a iPod, camera, PS3 controler, is it better to funny drain the batteries before recharging it? cuz I've heard that if you recharge a 3/4 full battery it will have less duration. is it true?

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2009, 06:53:15 pm »
@Snake: Yes, with lithium-ion batteries in particular (like in iPod, Pocket-PCs, etc.)
I'd gladly do it because

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2009, 04:25:01 pm »
Allright, does anyone know some good program for recovering files from a memory card (Micro SD 512MB to be precise) that has corrupted memory files? I can't open it and the only way to make it useable is formatting it, but I don't want to loose any files from it :-\
Text goes here...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2009, 09:19:03 pm »
Allright, does anyone know some good program for recovering files from a memory card (Micro SD 512MB to be precise) that has corrupted memory files? I can't open it and the only way to make it useable is formatting it, but I don't want to loose any files from it :-\
You can try defragging and error checking it with CHKDSK, since after all it's just another vfat partition accessible by Windows.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #393 on: March 14, 2009, 08:52:17 pm »
None of these work, they don't even run. It says
TRANSLATION: "You can't open up this directory (volume) for direct access"
Text goes here...

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #394 on: March 15, 2009, 03:51:34 pm »
I got an 8GB flash drive, but suddenly, even though I erase/remove files, the space won't increase.

Am I supposed to do "Format" now? I don't want to recopy CS:S for 2 hours again...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #395 on: March 15, 2009, 04:06:08 pm »
I got an 8GB flash drive, but suddenly, even though I erase/remove files, the space won't increase.

Am I supposed to do "Format" now? I don't want to recopy CS:S for 2 hours again...
Are you on Vista? It might be using the drive's free space for extra ram, increasing it's usage of it as you delete files.

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #396 on: March 15, 2009, 04:44:37 pm »

Are you on Vista? It might be using the drive's free space for extra ram, increasing it's usage of it as you delete files.
<3 Vista
I'd gladly do it because

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2009, 04:59:13 pm »

Also, there is usually a hidden recycle bin hidden folder on flash drives, where the files you delete go so you can't see them. Try clearing your trash. If that doesn't work, have Vista show hidden files and folders and then see if there are any on your flash drive.

Offline Luke Strife

• Major(1)
  • Erratic Englishman.
« Reply #398 on: March 15, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »
Right I've played Soldat for a couple of years now and finally started thinking about moving up the food chain; mapmaking.

Obviously I'm a complete and utter newbie at it so I'll need a mapmaking tool that is simple but at the same time can make effective maps. I ask because there seems to be more than one, which doesn't help at all. If there was just one I'd be able to cope, but there isn't, so my question is, which?

And further more, once my mapmaking skills develop, should I move onto another maker, or just stick with the same one?

Cheers,
Luke.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #399 on: March 15, 2009, 07:08:08 pm »
@jrgp:

Well, I use both XP and Vista. And I don't think I have trash can in the flash drive also.