Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 270506 times)

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #560 on: May 20, 2009, 08:38:14 pm »
Depending which music.
If its artist has made copyright laws for it (or something like that), i doubt you will succeed in finding it legally.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #561 on: May 20, 2009, 08:41:11 pm »

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #562 on: May 20, 2009, 08:56:13 pm »
I'm not paying damn it -_-
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #563 on: May 21, 2009, 05:13:59 am »
I disconnected my Samsung P2 during a file transfer, I think it was to do with deleting about 400mb of files.  It now says "1.6GB free" instead of 2GB.  It's a 4gb device with exactly 2gb of music on it, so as far as windows is concerned that 400mb no longer exists.  Should I format it or something?

Player since late 2007

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2009, 06:16:29 am »
I seriously need help. Although this might sound pathetic, do you guys know a website where you can download musics for free? (Mp3's)
I'm not paying damn it -_-
umm, dude discussion of pirated music and other things is not allowed on these forums, especially asking help for it.

If you want free music released legally, checkout http://archive.org/ and http://last.fm/ .
There are other worlds than these

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #565 on: May 21, 2009, 06:59:25 am »
Oh... Never knew. Sorry man, and thanks for your help jrgp!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #566 on: May 21, 2009, 07:04:14 am »
I disconnected my Samsung P2 during a file transfer, I think it was to do with deleting about 400mb of files.  It now says "1.6GB free" instead of 2GB.  It's a 4gb device with exactly 2gb of music on it, so as far as windows is concerned that 400mb no longer exists.  Should I format it or something?
Check for hidden files (also, set to view protected operating system files) as it might be a virus.
I would suggest backing up the music and formating the usb stick.

Also, what type of files were those you were transferring?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #567 on: May 21, 2009, 04:54:12 pm »
I was deleting a zipped folder containing a game, about 400mb

im pretty sure it had to do with the disconnecting though, I have checked all the folders on the device and they all add up to exactly 2gb.

(also, set to view protected operating system files)

how? :P

Player since late 2007

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #568 on: May 21, 2009, 07:13:26 pm »
(also, set to view protected operating system files)
how? :P
Open a Windows folder window (explorer.exe). Tools > Options > one of the tabs, I don't remember which. Probably "View" > Check the boxes "Show Hidden Files" and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files" and it'd also be useful to uncheck "Hide File Extensions For Known File Types" as that's a constant annoyance.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #569 on: June 15, 2009, 12:49:17 pm »
Anyone knows a good backuping program that doesn't "code" the backup files but just copies them to a selected drive? I'm going to reinstall Windows on my PC since everything is getting kinda laggy and slow lately + it's almost 2 years from last reinstallation.
Text goes here...

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #570 on: June 15, 2009, 02:13:25 pm »
Anyone knows a good backuping program that doesn't "code" the backup files but just copies them to a selected drive? I'm going to reinstall Windows on my PC since everything is getting kinda laggy and slow lately + it's almost 2 years from last reinstallation.
Just copy the folders... That's what I do...

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2009, 03:06:24 pm »
Yeah, but when I tried doing so there were files that couldn't be copied, and the whole process of copying stops :-\ And I don't feel like going throught all files one by one for over two hours, just want start up the backup and leave it for some time to go through.
Text goes here...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #572 on: June 15, 2009, 04:24:07 pm »
You are lazy. :D I'm reinstalling comp almost every 2 months. You want to completely format you disk? There was programme called Partition Manager. Try it. (You are from Poland, right? I gave you link to the polish page.)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #573 on: June 15, 2009, 04:30:34 pm »
Yeah, I am Polish. Thx a lot buddy, that's pretty much what I needed :)
Text goes here...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #574 on: June 15, 2009, 04:37:25 pm »
Thank me after you back up your files. I don't know all the options this programme has...
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2009, 05:28:39 pm »
Thank me after you back up your files. I don't know all the options this programme has...
You said it. In order to use backup function they want me to pay 40$ and buy whole product. -.-
Text goes here...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2009, 05:49:16 pm »
Didn't know it...I was using it couple years ago. It was free...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:30:44 am by The Geologist »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #577 on: June 16, 2009, 01:10:47 am »
Hurrraaaa!

Ycopy seems exactly like what you want.

It is a nifty little program which has a nice feature that explorer should. If you are copying files and at some point, there is a file which can not be copied for whatever reason, it simply skips it and lets you deal with it later, rather then waiting for your input.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #578 on: June 17, 2009, 07:09:37 am »
Hurrraaaa!

It is a nifty little program which has a nice feature that explorer should. If you are copying files and at some point, there is a file which can not be copied for whatever reason, it simply skips it and lets you deal with it later, rather then waiting for your input.
That's exactly what I needed! Tried it and it worked just like expected. Thx

Now, if someone can tell me, is it possible to connect my HDD's with RAID 1 while running on Windows XP? Do I just configure it in BIOS, if yes, when?
Text goes here...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2009, 10:08:04 am »
Hurrraaaa!

That's exactly what I needed! Tried it and it worked just like expected. Thx

Now, if someone can tell me, is it possible to connect my HDD's with RAID 1 while running on Windows XP? Do I just configure it in BIOS, if yes, when?
Make sure the two drives are exactly the same size and both plugged in. Make sure the second one has no partitions. There might be an option for it in your bios, and there might not. If there isn't, you'll have to go out and purchase a raid card. The tricky part is getting it to copy over your current drive to the second to build the raid, and not wiping both to create the raid. I suggest you try to find a tutorial for this on google.