Author Topic: The 'Simple Questions' thread.  (Read 270463 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: The 'Simple Questions' thread.
« Reply #1640 on: March 14, 2014, 12:17:08 pm »
Quick questions are perfectly fine here, that's the reason why this thread even exists.
I know very little about scripting though, so I can't answer that. :P

I played on modded servers though and I've never heard custom sounds or even default sounds played on command. You can spawn bullets and create explosions with commands and you'll hear bullet and explosion sounds, but you can't play sounds themselves as far as I'm aware.

also I would like to know how to make my nades invisible, I was trying to mod wep+gtf and make it all green(255) but nothing happens, its still there... can you tell me how to do it, step by step? maybe I missed something.
Which folder exactly is your grenade file in? Check if there are any .png files with the same name there, because Soldat loads .png files instead of .bmp if it finds them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:20:23 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1641 on: March 15, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »
I was making my avatar, but its turn out that forum have limit of size and weight of file, and I ended up with this one that I did because my original project of Asuka have 190Kb and 150x150(smaller look bad)...

And I was thinking: WHY THE HELL NO ONE FOR PAST 20 YEARS DIDNT CREATE SUCCESSOR OF GIF FORMAT???
I know that there is .apng and .MNG but both suck because lack of support(even none of chromium browser doesn't support it).
From this two only apng look good, but still its seems a bit outdated and not to good for random animations.

My point is, that GIF format is just sooooooo bad: its limited to 256 colors per data block, and final size of GIF is just ridicule. eg 512x512 60frames can take even 3-4MB...
Someone could say that Flash is solution for this, but flash is video format rather than graphic.

When I checked closely apng format it could be better than gif(still size is just pathetic but you get better quality) So why no one support it more? We have massive amount of new software and hardware. My phone have more power than my PC from 2003 but still we use almost 27 years old fromat, Yes its from 1987...

The same situation with JPG, why the hell people stopped using jpg2000?
I remember that in 2001-2003 lots of people started using it, I still have bunch of images in this format, I remember that difference between jpg wasn't so huge but size/quality ratio was better.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1642 on: March 22, 2014, 09:04:27 pm »
how to open SDM file? I mean how to open recorded soldat videos ???

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1643 on: March 23, 2014, 11:38:47 pm »
Why I can not attach any files when sending PMs to forum members? ;/

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1644 on: March 23, 2014, 11:43:01 pm »
Why I can not attach any files when sending PMs to forum members? ;/

To discourage people from using the forums to transmit illegal files / stuff against the rules.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1645 on: March 25, 2014, 01:37:14 pm »
is there a new ingame interface for soldat 1.6.7 ??

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1646 on: March 25, 2014, 02:52:02 pm »
for 1.6.7 i dont think so, maybe for 2.0
hard to tell even in my Menu idea they didnt said about when they gonna make new one and what concept users should stick in their ideas(I made it for funn but, more images=more ideas)

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1647 on: March 25, 2014, 11:21:45 pm »
lets make it clear. I am talking about the jet bar, jet icon, health bar, and all that... it's pretty easy to do.. I can even do it lol, and it would be better than the actual one. Someone from leaders should make a topic and ask fans to make it, and best would be chosen, or all of them should be added...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:23:54 pm by Drax »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1648 on: March 26, 2014, 03:27:00 am »
heh... I thought that you mean configuration of menu, weapon menu and etc,and you think about interface, for that you have interface style.
There is 10 default Interface styles, and loots of custom ones. why do you think default should be changed if you have 10 of them after installing game?

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1649 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:00 am »
lets make it clear. I am talking about the jet bar, jet icon, health bar, and all that... it's pretty easy to do.. I can even do it lol, and it would be better than the actual one. Someone from leaders should make a topic and ask fans to make it, and best would be chosen, or all of them should be added...

heh... I thought that you mean configuration of menu, weapon menu and etc,and you think about interface, for that you have interface style.
There is 10 default Interface styles, and loots of custom ones. why do you think default should be changed if you have 10 of them after installing game?

I have a simple question for you two. Why are you talking about official Soldat stuff in the Lounge, instead of one of the boards intended for this purpose?

Kind of ironic. Usually we scold people for talking about unrelated stuff in the Soldat boards and literally never the other way around.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1650 on: March 26, 2014, 03:32:38 am »
Ask him why he post it here.
 I just post answer to it, because I don see in first topic made by echo_trail that I cant answer Soldat related questions in this topic...
If I wouldn't answered it he would start asking this question everywhere.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:35:27 am by Akinaro »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1651 on: March 26, 2014, 04:24:32 pm »
Ask him why he post it here.
 I just post answer to it, because I don see in first topic made by echo_trail that I cant answer Soldat related questions in this topic...

It's not that you're not allowed to ask Soldat questions here, it's that their visibility will get limited. If someone looks in the Active Topics page for Soldat related posts, they're going to ignore this topic that shows up in the lounge.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1652 on: March 27, 2014, 12:35:29 am »
the reason I posted it here is because it's short, simple question, but maybe you are right jrgp I should have posted it somewhere else

you are annoying me...

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1653 on: March 27, 2014, 05:00:41 am »

If someone looks in the Active Topics page for Soldat related posts, they're going to ignore this topic that shows up in the lounge.

eeee... I don't think that 2-3 post here change anything...

you are annoying me...

Good one xD
I dont bother you with stupid PM,
I dont ask you the same question in every post,
I don't create 10000 post with random questions,
I dont weeping about that no one gonna make my map/script
Before i ask for something I use google.
etc, etc.

Ok. sorry for that... bb

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #1654 on: March 27, 2014, 06:05:46 am »
Havent seen flame war on these forums for the longest time. Why you had to break great run we had

Im chill like that

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1655 on: March 27, 2014, 06:13:38 am »
Because jrgp didnt had any fun here lately and he could ban me for week :P :P :P
And flame war with Drax is like fighting with puppy that just found his own tail.

Beside I'm gonna leave this forum soon so better dont scare new user, I would like to say BB rather than get Ban xD
And you need to have someone that gonna post anything beside devlogs and random questions once per month xD xD xD you know: dont make this forum more dead that its now xD xD xD
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:20:44 pm by Akinaro »

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1656 on: March 27, 2014, 04:17:26 pm »
flame war? I never flamed akinaro, but he does a lot...

Good one xD
I dont bother you with stupid PM,
I dont ask you the same question in every post,
I don't create 10000 post with random questions,
I dont weeping about that no one gonna make my map/script
Before i ask for something I use google.
etc, etc.

another flame... I wont respond to this bull!@#$..

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1657 on: March 27, 2014, 06:00:07 pm »
@Bonecrusher: With this forum, it is very much like with the universe. It expands and expands, gaining knowledge of technology and becoming more friendly a place; one where we all like to dwell and be merry. And then it deflates and we're back at the big bang were shit incinerates, turns to gas and fills the air.

@Akinaro: Better have the last word now, pretend to find all this funny and make an exit before you lose the chance and be banned from this place, right? Just leave for good.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1658 on: March 28, 2014, 12:43:18 am »
Because jrgp didnt had any fun here lately and he could ban me for week :P :P :P

Not going to ban you unless you actually break the rules.

Offline Drax

• Soldier
« Reply #1659 on: March 30, 2014, 02:09:23 am »
is there any limit for map size?